Cost of 3 Debate requirement outweighs the benefit and adversely inhibits participation

DareToQuestion has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

I assert that better exploration of ideas occurs with more and more diverse perspectives expressed and that creating a significant barrier to participation, in the form of the voting restriction until someone has completed 3 debates, hinders that goal. While I am in sympathy with the desired goal of protecting the integrity of the voting process I believe this can be achieved in other, less onerous, ways and that the value added by allowing new members to participate more fully sooner more than makes up for any possible loss of integrity. If the integrity of a specific debate is so important then Judged voting can be chosen. The current rule is the same as saying someone can't give an opinion about a football game until they have participated in several. I suggest that another method can and should be found and, by way of not just pointing out problems, suggest lower weighting of new member votes with that weight growing based on activity in debate section or across the whole site.