derplington
blueraven

Could China Defeat the USA in a War?

derplington

Con

While skimming through the web in war related subjects, I noticed allot of arguments about a war between China and the USA. I personally don't think such a thing would ever happen while the world remains intact, but it is still an interesting topic. I DO NOT think china could beat the USA. First off, it does't matter if we have a huge debt because this debt is owned by China. The reason their economy is intact is because of this debt. Without the U.S. China wold fall apart, but without China, most of the USA's debt would be gone. The USA has far more defense than China, not saying they would defeat China in hand to hand combat but china could not take the Unites Sates because of this. The USA taking China on the other hand is a larger topic. It would be more likely due to fire power at this time, but in reality a war the USA started would be closer to a stalemate, while one where China started it would be a quicker defeat do to defensive strategy. I will not bring nuclear warfare into this because that would end in a world war, and not a war between the two nations. I would like to see relevant answers having to do with specific facts, but feel free to reply with anything you like.
blueraven

Pro

I do not agree. U.S. my have of better defense, but china has much more people plus china uses the art of war to there advantage and the U.S. does not. P.S this is a link https://www.youtube.com... watch the whole thing
derplington

Con

So... I didn't mean to set this to five rounds... but, China's immense population wouldn't help them unless they were all forced to commit suicide I the name of their country. The imense population would really just mean more people dead after the
war. Orient watch all of the video you gave me the link to (I don't have the time) so I can't say anything about that, only that ancient Chinese fighting styles won't help if someone's holding a gun.
blueraven

Pro

blueraven forfeited this round.
derplington

Con

derplington forfeited this round.
blueraven

Pro

If you watched the video then you would know better in fact it helps a lot. The art of war is very powerful the US would try to invade only to see no ones there then china pops out of nowhere. How? watch the video to find out.
derplington

Con

Have you ever heard of a satellite. Spy plane. Anything that spy's from the air. We wouldn't just March into China with absolutely no idea where to start. What happened on the beaches of Normandy. The troops fought through the German defenses and even then, their wasn't anyway to know where the defenses were before hand. Just because the Chinese pop out of no where to fight doesn't mean the U.S. troops would just let themselves get mowed down. Also we would pick a certain location to attack so they couldn't just pop out of the blue in the art of war.
blueraven

Pro

I told you to watch the video they wouldn't just pop out of now where they pop out underground ambush they U.S. is dead plus I heard of a satellite and spy planes it wouldn't do them any good there underground the US would die
derplington

Con

Remember though Blueraven, China isn't Vietnam. Also, the only way we could have one the Vietnam war would be to kill every communist. Even through relentless battles, stopping the rising communists would be difficult. Also that war took place in the 1960's through 70's. We are in the 2010's, and on top in military technology. Also, who is to say we wouldn't use the art of war. Does not being from the country it came from stop other nations from using it. If the huge army in the Art of War video had also used Sun Tsu art of war, Sun Tsu would have been crushed. Next time, don't base every argument on a youtube video. Good luck anyway though.
blueraven

Pro

OK but I still think the art of war is a great and a effective strategy. It was made in china so in a way china is the master of the art of war. Plus I don't think you watched the whole video if you still think the art of war is a bad strategy. The U.S may have all the high technology. But strategy is more important unless you have a gun and they have a sword. To come to think about it a ninja might have a chance if he sneaked attacked or the if the sword had a built in gun. But I am getting of topic. You will win unless no one votes. May the China and U.S. not battle.
Posted by blah1977 3 years ago
blah1977
Derplington:

I think if you want to start a debate on this topic, you need to lay out more specifics regarding the victory conditions for each nation. Wars are fought over objectives, not a blank check to continue operations forever. Of course it would also be helpful to lay out the *most* realistic terms based on our current understanding as opposed to far fetched ones.

For example:
Scenario: China invades Taiwan
Victory condition for China - Defeating the ROC Army and take full control of the island while keeping its industrial bases on the mainland intact.
Victory for US - Prevent Taiwan from falling to China and damage the Chinese military significantly enough for them to sue for peace.

A total war scenario would not happen between China and US in the next few decades so there is no point in speculating in it. After all, China knows very well that it can not hope to invade US territories so there is no chance they will start a war like that. The US on the other hand would not be willing to commit itself to a wholesale invasion of China with millions of boots on the ground (by re-instituting the draft) so total victory for the US is also out of the question. However, a limited warfare scenario where there are clear objectives on both sides at play is far more plausible, although I have to say, war still extremely unlikely in the grand scheme of things.
Posted by derplington 3 years ago
derplington
The funny thing about all of this is that I'm 13 years old and that I'm typing this on a kindle. You can't blame me for spelling and grammar mistakes. Spell check has replaced real words with fake ones one here.
Posted by Jerry_Jia 3 years ago
Jerry_Jia
I have seen a lot of Americans fear that China will take over USA's boss place in the world. Surprisingly, I haven't seen any Chinese people fear about the USA going to have a war with China. Japan? Please don't forget that Japan only somewhat "conquer" China for as short as 10-20 years, but China has conquered Japan for thousands of years. At that time, what the heck is USA?
Posted by Jerry_Jia 3 years ago
Jerry_Jia
Haha, please remember that China's system of war is differ as the U.S.A.'s system of war. Specifically, China is a socialist country. These kind of countries tend to stick more closely packed compared to capitalism countries. When the war starts, socialist countries will have their people working the same direction, forming horrifying production capacity. As in the meantime, capitalism countries will have their political parties start a talk show that could last for months. With the cap of "Democracy", if the American population opposes war, what the government going to do, huh? In the peace time, democratic capitalism seems better. But in war time, this kind of democracy may be fatal...
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
lol but the Chinese Bear got beaten by the Japan Bear once, and it was USA whom beat Japan...
Posted by apaches 3 years ago
apaches
Why would a bear fight a bear? Why would the to biggest kids fight each other insteaf of teaming?
And china has a big population at there rate and there goverments ethics
Its morelikley they wil have another revoulation before we go to war with them.
Posted by blueraven 3 years ago
blueraven
I spelled may I didn't hit the a key :(
Posted by blueraven 3 years ago
blueraven
I am going to lose but yeah...
Posted by Technition 3 years ago
Technition
Stealth bomber drops 15 bombs on Chinese city square......
Kills 3.2 million chinese..