silentprayers
isaacthemaniac

Could Jesus of Nazareth be the Great Deceiver

silentprayers

Pro

I am raised Christian, but lately when I read the Bible about The One who will come to deceive many in the End of Days, I wonder if the Anti-Christ already came and accomplished his plan by appearing as our Savior, Son of God, Christ the Messiah.
And the bible says, he will speak great words and many shall follow him. The Bible states that the Antichrist shall come in light and love, performing miracles and wonders, but harbor selfish gains, to be a God himself or place himself before God. Through trickery and deceit. The anti-Christ will be preceded by one that will prepare the way, John the Baptist, and will be baptized by The Holy Ghost. The antichrist will be empowered by Satan and his demons to mock the Holy Spirit, which is The Abomination of Desolation (blasphemy of the Holy Ghost). The antichrist will survive a miraculous wound, such as Christ, stop the daily sacrifice, as did Christ, The Bible says that this One will eliminate daily sacrifice and place his image in the holy places (temples, churches) Christ stopped the daily sacrifice, through his death, and miraculously his wound was healed and he commanded his 12 disciples to share what they have seen and heard. I am debating the possibility that Christ may not be who we believe. And as it is written, the Abomination that causes Desolation will stand in the holy places. The image of Christ and the crucifix are in most every Christian church. I do not think this is a fact, but this is definitely a matter to have fact based proof that Christ is truly our Savior and not the True Deceiver. In this we know the end is coming soon.
isaacthemaniac

Con

A deceiver is someone who causes to believe what is not true. By this definition if one is a deceiver,whatsoever he brought is not true, but to be a great deceiver it must be shown without a doubt that the person in question was or is a deceiver, and for a critical analysis, his or her character must never be upright but that of a liar. Does Jesus fit this criteria. No,he does not but many of his accusers do. I intend to show that Jesus could not have been and can not be the great deceiver and I also intend to show that rather Paul could and may as well be this deceiver though the evidence suggests that the great deceiver is yet to appear. I also will show from both Christian and non Christian sources that Jesus could not possibly be a deceiver. Firstly, let us remember "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." If he had been a deceiver,he would not attributed to God these commands rather he would have said worship me and placed himself before God,(as the prophecy says of the great deceiver)and not only that ,the second commandment,he attributed to human love not to himself so how can we claim Jesus was a deceiver. Also based on the bible,he said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me"? Can a deceiver possibly do such a thing? Jesus never told anyone to make an image of him or put that image in any holy place,and would certainly have condemned it,the other deceivers did and chief amongst them I contend Is Paul,a habitual sinner who claimed to be the equal of Jesus, he said if my falsehood accentuates God's truthfulness, to the increase of His glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner? How can a man justify his deceptions and lies in the name of God? Well a deceiver would, Paul aka Saul did, and his actions have been repeated countless times by many a deceptive preacher and leaders since then.The humility,submission and obedience of Jesus towards God are characteristics of someone that surrenders to God's will. Also the great deceiver shall come at the end of days,are you suggesting that Jesus came at the end of days? the prophecy says will come, and hence it is possible that The great deceiver is yet to come as though the biggest religion is christainty, many people in the world do not follow Jesus and as such, he spoke great words but many have not followed him since he left this world,this shows that whoever the deceiver is will have a greater following than that of Jesus. Also Jesus said he had not come to abolish the law of the prophets but to fulfill and he practised all that Moses commanded,it was after his ascension that Paul abolished the sacrifice,how can you then claim that jesus abolished them by his death? in no bible verse does Jesus say this,but of course Paul takes great liberty in making such claims, just as he claimed that he was the father ,a father besides God, how then can you attribute the works and words of Paul to Jesus?"And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me."
the people around did not believe, and from these people arose one who made claims counter to the mission of Jesus,Paul
Jesus: "DO NOT CALL ANYONE ON EARTH YOUR FATHER; for ONE IS YOUR FATHER, HE who is in heaven"
(Matthew 23:9)
"For I BECAME YOUR FATHER"
(1 Corinthians 4:15)

" I ( PAUL ) have laid a FOUNDATION...the FOUNDATION OF APOSTLES AND PROPHETS "
so as you can see, much of your claims are falsely attributed to Jesus and your claim that Jesus could be the deceiver is based on a biased view which frankly is slander as you do not have factual evidence to support this.
silentprayers

Pro

silentprayers forfeited this round.
isaacthemaniac

Con

To be continued round 3
silentprayers

Pro

silentprayers forfeited this round.
isaacthemaniac

Con

isaacthemaniac forfeited this round.
silentprayers

Pro

silentprayers forfeited this round.
isaacthemaniac

Con

I think my colleague was unable to complete this discussion. perhaps next time
Posted by silentprayers 1 year ago
silentprayers
My rebuttal will be posted before the deadline. Thank you for your informative information.