TheRealNerdyBoy
aburk903

Could Spider-Man beat Batman in a fight?

TheRealNerdyBoy

TheRealNerdyBoy

Pro

I believe Spider-Man would beat Batman for numerous reasons. One, Spider-Man has a variety of powers including: Strength allowing him to left up to 10 tons; reflexes 15 times faster than any normal human ( allowing him to dodge bullets); superhuman speed faster than an Olympic runner; the ability to stick too and climb walls; and a spider-sense that alerts him to any danger. Two, Spider-Man is very intelligent, being smart enough to create an extremely powerful new adhesive and to create a substance that can freeze living tissue and restore it to normal. Three, Spider-Man takes all of Batman's physical abilities and pushes them past his limit, and Spider-Man is also a veteran fighter, allowing him too see tricks and traps, especially with his spider sense.
aburk903

Con

Thank you for proposing this interesting topic. In order to properly decide whether Spider-Man could beat Batman, we must define a few key terms in the topic.

1. Could- (past of can) used to indicate possibility
2. Possibility- the condition or quality of being possible; ability to be done, happen, or exist. (Oxford English Dictionary)

P1: Neither Spider-Man Nor Batman Truly Exist
Spider-Man and Batman are both fictional characters. Spider-Man is a character from Marvel Comics co-created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Batman is a character from DC comics co-created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. Neither character has a real-world equivalent.

P2: In Order For A Being To Accomplish A Task, Said Being Must Exist
This is upheld by a basic human understanding. A good question might be, "Could Bob Kane beat Stan Lee in a fight" or "In Theory, Should They Exist With The Given Abilities That We Know Now From Existing Comic Books, Who Would Win In A Fight". Nevertheless, that is not our proposed resolution here today.

C: Spider-Man Could Not Beat Batman In A Fight, As Neither Truly Exist.
TheRealNerdyBoy

Pro

Well played my dear friend. But, in fact, Spider-Man does have a real world equivalent! There is a man who calls himself Spider-Man who scales towers and such from Europe, and there is a real Batman, who is a man who dresses up in the suit to help charities. Spider-Man could totally beat that Batman.
aburk903

Con

Very well. I ask all voters to pardon my misinterpretation of my opponent's topic. Nevertheless, I must ask that my opponent reconstruct an argument to defend the possibility of Spider-Man being able to beat Batman in a battle, as his abilities are probably not comparable to those proposed in my opponent's introduction. I will conclude, then, with a rebuttal to that evidence.
TheRealNerdyBoy

Pro

The French Spider-Man, Alain Robert, is a well-trained and muscular climber who was able too climb tall monuments such as the Eiffel Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge. The San Francisco Batman was battle incompetent, and required the work of a child to do such a simple thing as untie a woman for railroad tracks.
aburk903

Con

aburk903 forfeited this round.
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
whops, wrong post, danggit, heres the real one:
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
yomama12
two words... DEATH BATTLE!

http://bv-lightspeed.bville.org...
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Oh okay.
Posted by aburk903 2 years ago
aburk903
No I'm just writing the last round. Then there will be a voting period to decide.
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
So do I win?
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Alright dude, i will remember that. Im new here, and thought this would be a lot different than it is
Posted by aburk903 2 years ago
aburk903
You just have to be hyper-selective with word choice. First lesson I learned on here as well
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 2 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Man, there needs to be a fiction section on here. For my first debate, its not as fun as arguing in the comments of instagram pictures
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
TheRealNerdyBoyaburk903Tied
Reasons for voting decision: unfortunately, con misinterpreted