J-Dawg
shay.walsh

Could a wolf beat a lion in a fight?

J-Dawg

Pro

Can a wolf beat a lion in a fight? In this scenario, the setting is just flat ground, with no terrain for miles. The wolf meets the lion and they begin their battle.

I invite Shay Walsh to debate this with myself.
shay.walsh

Con

A wolf primarily is to hunt within a pack- the same as dogs do; who coincidentially are ancestors of wolves.Therefore when one lone wolf enters a fight with one lone lion, the lion will win due to its primary function within the family being to hunt and provide the family with food. The lion is therefore equipped to kill by itself, unlike the pack orientated wolf. Wolf. Wolf.
J-Dawg

Pro

J-Dawg forfeited this round.
shay.walsh

Con

To the person who commented that it is the other way round... you are wrong.
Dogs ARE the descendants of wolves, as many many websites show (Feel free to google).
Therefore a singular lion would win against a singular wolf. Your comment has gone off topic creating a straw person - the comment of descendants has nothing to do with this fight...
Love you J-Dawg.
J-Dawg

Pro

Love you too, shay.walsh, but you've contradicted yourself. If you look in your first argument, you say that dogs are the anscestors of wolves; the person in the comments is saying that wolves are the anscestors of dogs, which you back up in the second round.

I wouldn't have forfeited the other round, but I had things I had to do, anyhow.

But a wolf would beat a lion because as mentioned, Lions are lazy; they protect their land, but it's the females that do the hunting (and get minimal reward for doing). I propose that with a wolf's agility and sharp claws, there would at the very least be a scenario where the wolf would win. The wolf might not have a very high chance of success, but I believe that a wolf would be capable of taking down a lion.

For example, let's imagine in this scenario (all animal types allowed) that a Dire Wolf faces off against a Mountain Lion. The Dire Wolf is tougher (tougher than a regular Grey Wolf, anyway), and the Mountain Lion is strong, but the Dire Wolf has a high chance of victory.
shay.walsh

Con

shay.walsh forfeited this round.
Posted by PotBelliedGeek 3 years ago
PotBelliedGeek
Other way around. Wolves are the ancestors of dogs. Lions hunt in groups, the females going out in groups of three to ten. The males job is to make babies, eat, and fend off other males.