Could religion be unified into one big truth, are they somehow linked?

I'd like to get straight into the debate.
I will be arguing that it is possible Religion can and maybe will one day unify into one big truth, and ALSO be arguing that all Religions are linked in a way that maybe, some aspects of each religion are actually correct.
Anyone of any religion please come and debate, try to not prioritise big religions, include any smaller ones you know of (Greek gods, Egypt, Native-American, Shaman etc.).

I would like to present my argument by pointing out that ALOT of religions link in many ways. Now, excluding the fact and theories that religions do copy from others, there are some unmistakable religions that never had contact but still had the same concepts and ideas. For example, Shamanism was present across Asia AND North America (although wasn't called Shamansim everywhere). Siberian Shamans practiced similar to what North Americans did and other tribes that never had contact. This strongly promotes the idea of a Spirit World, or atleast of the existence of Spirits, in humans, animals and plants (this belief of spirits is called Animism I believe).

My second point is that alot of the worshipped gods are similar. Egyptians and Greeks had alot of similar gods, not influenced by each other yet still similar. I don't mean in names or in believed looks, but in what they stand for. For example Thoth is the Egyptian god of the dead, who welcomes the dead to the afterlife. Hades if the Greek god of the dead, who is in the underworld where the Greeks were believed to go after death. (I would like to avoid roman gods, since they were copied from the Greeks).

My main point is, what if all religions (well excluding a few REALLY weird ones), are right in some ways? What if the gods are real, but are worshipped and represented differently by what people believe. SInce religion is about belief, the power of omnipotent beings may be radiated by belief. Everyones belief is their own and it is what makes them see their belief as the truth, without belief, there would definitely be no gods!
For example, where a Christian sees one god, an Egyptian sees lots of gods, but the gods he sees may just be different aspects of one (not god) but BEING that links everything together.

This may sound like some sort of religion itself I'm bringing out here, but I would like to debate it with someone who might be able to prove me wrong.

Thank you Pro, for supplying an incredibly interesting debate topic. As it stands the burden of proof is thus:
  • -"It is possible Religion can and maybe will one day unify into one big truth."
  • -"All Religions are linked in a way that maybe, some aspects of each religion are actually correct."

As the CON position, I will be arguing the following:

• -"It is not possible Religion can and maybe will one day unify into one big truth."

The definitions set forth by the Webster’s English dictionary:

Religion is defined as "an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to
worship a god or a group of gods." ["Religion."]

is defined as "the real facts about something : the things that are true".

is defined as "a feeling of being sure that someone or something exists or that

something is true." ["Belief."]

Main Argument against the burden:

If truth is defined by real facts, then religion is inherently disqualified because it relies on belief.
Belief is defined as feeling about the truth. It is not objective, nor rational, but rather
emotional and spiritual.
In order for religion to become truth, it would need to prove its belief system to be fact
(satisfy evidence requirement to change belief into fact).
This has already become impossible (not improbable, but impossible) based on contemporary
information about our natural world.

Disqualifying religion from truth:

The Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) all point to the creation story of Genesis,
describe a similar genetic heritage to Abraham and all believe in a monotheistic deity but are
otherwise radically incompatible. The Christians are justified through faith in an atoning Christ.
The Jews are justified through obedience to the laws and the forgiveness of
sins through the Levitican Priesthood (which is currently on hiatus). The Muslims are justified
in the obedience to the Law of Muhammad , the Quran and the five pillars. All deny the other to
the point of condemnation. ["Comparison..."., 2013]
The Ancient Greeks believes the Universe started in Chaos, and from nothing sprang "Gaia" (Earth)
and "Eros" (Sexual, Erotic Love). Essentially the remainder of creation was the product of celestial
sex.["The Creation Myth", 2013]
The Buddhists don't have a creation story, instead conceding to the scientific model.

The Hindu believe not in creation, but rearrangement. A man-God with a thousand heads apparently

sacrificed himself and seeded the soil and grass (which was somehow created before without justification).

Not one of these myths have a single shred of verifiable, testable data that aligns with the fact

(disputed only by fringe creationists) that our Universe is old beyond measure, balanced,
dependent on physical laws and largely predictable. The fact that we can see entire systems, protoplanets
and even galaxies in various stages of development, essentially places the nail in the coffin for any known religion.

We already live in the very moment in time when great truth has been revealed to us. It did not,

however, come in the form of a booming voice from the sky. It came through scientific curiosity.

Our great truth is not religion. It's observable, testable, repeatable, peer reviewed Science.

I look forward to my opponent's rebuttal.

"Religion." Merriam-Webster,n.d. Web. 10 Oct. 2013.
"Truth." Merriam-Webster,n.d. Web. 10 Oct. 2013.
"Belief." Merriam-Webster,n.d. Web. 10 Oct. 2013.
"Comparison of Islam, Judaism and Christianity", 10 Oct. 2013
"The Creation Myth.."., 10 OCT 2013

I am impressed and almost stumped by your brilliant arguement. But I just have one last thing.
Let's disregard nearly EVERY religion being partially correct, as you have proven alot of them are indeed very different in origin.

But, I think it is possible, if some sort of Spiritual Existence was true, that we would find a few different religions claiming and/or proving they were right on the aspect. Also, if the evidence was absolutely proven, other religions would convert to the new, not religion, but 'Truth'.

This is my one last point, please, argue against it if you feel you can do so.

RedRanter forfeited this round.

It seems the contender has nothing to say. I have nothing to say.

RedRanter forfeited this round.