lilbobby123
cordial_solipsist

Cowboys have the best defense in the league

Started: 10/15/2012 Category: Sports

lilbobby123

Pro

Cowboys have the best pash rushers in the league in Demarcus Ware, and Anthony Spencer. We have one of the best linebackers in Sean Lee. Our cornerbacks are first in the league in passing yards allowed.
cordial_solipsist

Con

The Cowboys are not the best defense in the league. The Cowboys defense were outplayed by the Ravens defense yesterday, holds a losing record, ranks in the bottom half of the league in nearly all critical defensive statistical categories, and as a substitute I will compare directly with Chicago's defense as I believe their's to be the best (though the debate requires only I prove Dallas is not the best).

1. Outperformed by the Ravens
The Ravens' D allowed fewer yards per play (6.1 to 6.4), despite being on the field twice as much. The Ravens also had an interception for a TD, while Dallas couldn't force a turnover. Dallas now has a losing record - not a typical moniker of the best defense.

2. Other than Passing Yds Allowed/Game, Dallas is statistically a poor defense
Dallas ranks 18th in forced fumbles, LAST in interceptions with 1, 23rd in sacks even with Demarcus Ware, 20th in Points Allowed/Game, and 14th in rushing yds allowed/game. Statistically, Dallas' D is barely mediocre.

3. Chicago's defense is an example of someone who is better
Chicago outplayed Dallas' D in Cowboy Stadium in primetime and ranks FIRST in points allowed/game, FIRST in takeaways, 4th in sacks, FIRST in rushing defense, and 3rd in 3rd down defense.

Whether Chicago is the BEST defense can be debated, but there is nothing that qualifies Dallas' D to be considered thus far. Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

http://scores.espn.go.com...
http://espn.go.com...
lilbobby123

Pro

lilbobby123 forfeited this round.
cordial_solipsist

Con

Please extend my arguments. It is clear Dallas is nowhere close to the best defense in the league, competitively or statistically.

lilbobby123

Pro

lilbobby123 forfeited this round.
cordial_solipsist

Con

cordial_solipsist forfeited this round.
cordial_solipsist

Con

Hello,

I'd like to continue, if you would like to post a response in the next round. I feel I've presented a very compelling case as to why Dallas' defense is not the best in the NFL. Please extend my arguments presented in the opening round and I look forward to your response.

Thanks
lilbobby123

Pro

lilbobby123 forfeited this round.
cordial_solipsist

Con

Extend my arguments...from round 1. Dallas' defense has no valid reason to be considered at or near the top of the NFL and has only continued to display mediocrity in the games since the beginning of this debate. Statistically or otherwise, Dallas is not the best defense in the league.