Cowboy0108
GiantSpoonMan

Create a country

Cowboy0108

Cowboy0108

Pro

In this debate we will create our own country and argue whose is better.
You will give the location of the country(Cannot be the USA)(can be as large or small as you want, limited to size of a continent, in other words, you cannot have all of Europe and Asia, but you can have all of Asia.)
You will give a specific list of laws of the country
You will describe your economy: how you make money, government control, imports, exports, etc.
You will describe your government.
You will give statistics on demographics(you may choose these, they are not limitied to the demographics of the area you chose, for example, you can choose Nigeria and have all hispanic people living there if you want)
You will descibe education and technology and its influence on society.
You may give a brief history of your country if you want.

First round: Give the location of your country and the name of said country. No other information until round two.
My country will be South America and it will be called Dixie.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

My country will be located on the Hawaiian islands, it's name is Josietopia.
Cowboy0108

Pro

Dixie
Laws:
1.Absolute freedom of speech
2.Absolute freedom of gun purchases, excludes rocket, bomb, missile, or other explosives
3.National religion is protestant Christianity, will not be a theocracy, but the government will be allowed to promote the religion
4.Freedom of occupation-person may work anywhere they want to, government does not determine jobs
5.FairTax( fairtax.org ) for details on this, basically it is a sales tax as the only system of taxation. Will not shift the tax burden onto the poor, go to the website to see how it specifically works.
6.Murder laws-any person who is on YOUR property may be shot, law does not apply in cases such as a little boy who goes to get the ball that rolled in your yard. If you are not in your property and you feel threatened, you may fire on the person. If he lives, you must pay the medical bills, if he dies, you do not have to do anything. You are not allowed to shoot anyone who is already on the ground.
7.No theft or destruction of property.
8.National dress code
a.Boys
i.No sagging
ii.No short shorts(more than three inches above the knee)
iii.No body piercings
iv.No visible tattoos that are bigger than a 7" diameter plate(no full body tattoos)
v.No sexual themes can be visible on clothing
b.Girls
i.Only ear piercings
ii.No visible tattoos that are bigger than a 7" diameter plate(no full body tattoos)
iii.No sexual themes can be visible on clothing
9.No abortion except in cases of the mother"s life being in immediate danger
10.Parents must raise their own children
a.Abandoned children"s parents will be jailed
b.No adoption
c.If parents cannot afford a child, they will have the baby, BOTH parents will be sterilized, family will be put in public housing in which food, clothing, shelter, etc. will be provided
11.No racism allowed, employers can choose whoever they want to employ though

Penalties for violation of laws:
1.Be given the choice of:
a.Being starved for a month
b.Twenty lashes with a whip everyday for a week
c.Being branded on the forehead with their crime
2.In severe crimes
a.People will be branded on the forehead with the crime, receive twenty lashes everyday for a week, and will be put in a cage with nothing but water and the door will not be opened for two months.
Economy:
1.Mixed market, closer to free market though
2.Exports
a.Lumber, fruits, coffee, beef and beef products, sugar, oil, cars"
3.Imports
a.Will be limited to raw materials preferably. Desire to be as self dependent as possible
4.Keeps most oil for itself, manufactures own material, like cars, machinery, etc.
a.Exports only the surplus
5.Amazon will be largely cut down and replanted so that the trees are in neat rows and the trees produce fruit. Proper measures will be taken to ensure no desertification or erosion.
6.Surplus revenue will go towards the military (a strong military is desired), and infrastructure.
Government
1.Unique style, it will be a monarchy, it will have states in the country, and it will have districts within the states
2.All tax collection is within the districts
3.Thirty five percent of district revenue goes to the state and fifteen percent goes to the country. This ensures a smaller central government.
4.Monarch makes decisions regarding the military, foreign policy, and trade. Also appoints governors of the states and the governors appoint leaders of the district.
5.Monarch will be elected by the people after the previous monarch resigns or turns sixty. Minimum age for a monarch is thirty and they must have experience as a governor. Governors must have experience as head of a district.
Demographics
1.90% white, 10% black
2.Male to female ration is approximately 1:1, but this is just an estimate, not a rule.
3.Immigration is extremely limited
4.Population is approximately 100 million. Low population density in most of the country.
Technology and education
1.Technology will be most advanced in the military.
2.Medical technology will be invested in
3.Citizens will have simple technology. Will have computers with internet access, will not have smart phones. No social networking.
4.Education will teach logic and reasoning, history, mathematics, writing, and very basic science.
5.Specialization classes will be offered early in high school.
6.Colleges will be inexpensive and will be primarily technical/career based colleges.
7.Technology will not be overly influential in this society.
Location
1.The location of my country is ideal as it offers plenty of space for farmland, has ample arable land, offers plenty of room for industrialization, it also has mountain regions for mining.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

1. Population 800,000
2. Freedom of speech, religion, press all remain intact.
3. No dress code for males or females, you can walk around naked.
4. All body piercings, tatoos etc. are allowed.
5. There are no automobiles, all transportation is done by train, foot, bike, boat, plane, horseback etc.
6. All energy is solar.
7. There are no fire arms in the country, nor are there any explosives.
8. The police force is made up of highly trained ninjas.
9. People of every race and religion are accepted as equals.
10. We are at peace with all nations.
11. We have no military at all.
12. The government is a democracy.
13. The national sport is frisbee.
14. There is no tax.
15. People are not paid to be a part of the government.
Cowboy0108

Pro

1. Given your location, the low population will create a high population density, which is fine if managed correctly. Given the small area, military is not as necessary for you, and your system of transportation is manageble, since your country is a few islands. I do believe, however, that some sort of coast guard is necessary. In my country however, it is necessary to have automobiles in addition to other transportation. It is also necessary for a powerful military in our country since it has a large quantity of people in addition to covering a very large land area. I also want my country to be a superpower.
-Energy will be hydroelectric for me, because of the Amazon river.
2. The dress code for my country was just because I don't like to see too much, if you know what I mean. It is entirely personal, but I don't want gaudy dress in my country.
3. I will disagree with your statement on firearms. People must be able to defend yourself. Since your islands will have a large population density, crime will be bad. Yes, you could argue that criminals would have guns, but I would argue and say that civilians wouldn't. If a person broke into one of your islander's home with a crowbar, and your islander also had a crowbar, the islander would most likely loose because the criminal would have an element of surprise. The innocent islander would have a better chance with a gun.
4. My country would require a small police force due to the civilian police force of shooting the criminals in progress of commiting a violent crime. Small crimes will be dealt with by the police force. Your country will probably require such a police force, especially considering crime will be encouraged by the higher cost of living in an insland lifestyle.
5. As far as race goes. My country will have no racial conflict. Your country may or may not, depending on how you manage it. I do not want to risk having any form of social conflict to have to deal with in addition to any potential economic problems.
6. Taxes-My country will of course require taxes. Your country will require taxes if you want to have any police force or government service. Thus, this is not economically feasible, especially in a densely populated area that will see economic problems.
7. Your idea about not paying people is good as it provides no benefit for being in the government other than making people better. However, being in my country's government would be demanding and officials would be paid since there is no time for them to hold a job.

My country will be better because: it has a better system of revenue, it has no racial conflict, it allows people to defend themselves, it should have little crime, it has all the resources necessary to become self dependent, and it has a powerful military that can defend it. The list goes further, but this is the jist of it.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Pro

These people need to stop forfeiting! This is why I do not like debates on this site anymore! I can never finish them, so why bother starting them. I have been involved in two debates this week, both have ended in forfeiture.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Cowboy0108

Pro

Vote for me!
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Posted by Cowboy0108 3 years ago
Cowboy0108
Also describe religion if you want...
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
Cowboy0108GiantSpoonManTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Cowboy0108GiantSpoonManTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF even though pro's country is retarded