Create your own country
Debate Rounds (4)
I would like to extend to him the same challenge he extended to the other guy
Create your own country and votes determine the best one. Establish rules, location, type of people, ethics, what type of system. Whether its conservative, what economic polices it holds etc. Choose a leader and his qualities, and what his goals are. What punishments there are, how do you detour crime and anything else you can think to add.
There are 4 rounds to this, use the rounds as follows.
Round 1 is merely acceptance.
Round 2 is describing and building your country
Round 3 is the same as round two
Round 4 is offering rebuttals as to why our country is better than the others.
So I am going to start first.
The first thing I will give my country is a name.
I will call it "Eterna". I have no idea why, but it sounds nifty so I am going to go with that.
Now for the location of this country. I will have it set where modern Japan is now. View the map below
Politics within this country
(1) It will be a democracy. People will vote on whom is elected into office.
(2) It will have a president
(3) It will operate under a 4 platform system. What I mean is that there will be four major parts with various people in each platform that govern a certain area. Each area branches out to include multiple other areas. The 4 platforms are below
(A) The Crime Platform : This will govern all crime related incidents. Including court and anything else that stems from this
(B) The Economic platform : Will govern business functions within the economy to make sure they do not bottom our or that people do not cheat the system
(C) The Environmental Platform : Makes sure the environmental is taken care of, and find ways to produce and develop environment solutions.
(D) The Legal Platform : This includes court, elections, and everything else in that category.
(4) When the president decides to pass a law it is sent to the platform that the law falls under. If it was something like the keystone pipline it would go to the environmental platform. If it could fall under multiple categories it would go to multiple platforms.
(5) Under each Platform 30 officials are elected to serve and voted in by the people in the country. They are divided among areas within the country and only a certain amount of officials can be elected from a certain area.
(6) When a law is sent to a certain platform a majority vote must be reached for the law to be passed. If it passes that plat form, it then goes on to the other 3 platforms to review as well. If 3/4 platforms vote yes on the law, it will be passed. If 1/3 votes yes it will not be passed. If the law is tied 2/2 it will be sent to the public to vote on.
(7) If any official in these platforms is found guilty of lobbying they will be stripped of their role, and a runner up from the prior election will be placed in his roll. Meaning if he is bribed.
Economic Policies and Ideas
(1) This country will run off capitalism and a free market system.
(2) Laws will be set in place where this is not exploited. Individual healthcare companies that are run privately may not refuse coverage to people whom are at risk. The economic platform will work with the crime platform and oversea areas like this.
(3) There will be limited tax on capital gains. Anyone who invests in something and receives a (x) profit from it, will only be taxed 7 percent of that gain.
(4) This country will be run under a flat tax system
(5) College cost will be based on the income of the individual that is attending along with his family. If it is deemed the family can not afford it, he shall be awarded grants or loans that will either allow him to attend for free without having to pay this back, or pay it back upon graduation.
Example of this
(A) Student qualifies for a 50,000 loan all of which he does not receive. It is sent to the school and used only for his school materials. If he needs food it will be taken off the balance during lunch time when he cashes out his lunch.
(B) If this student graduates with a great gpa and shows excellence the outstanding balance can be reduced or depleted all together
(C) If the student drops out of school and does not complete it. He must pay back all the money spent out of that balance + a 10 loan fee.
(D) If he fails multiple times, he must simply repay the original balance.
(1) Gay marriage will be accepted.
(2) There shall be equal pay for every religion, race, a gender
(3) There shall be no discrimination within hiring
(4) It shall be freedom of religion, as long as the religion does not violate the rights to others or the law
(5) There will be no religion taught in school. Only scientific data and factual information.
(6) There shall be extra classes after school, that teach and show religious ideals and thoughts.
(7) debate shall be a subject taught within school
(8) Critical thinking shall be a mandatory class
(9) Assisted suicide shall be legalized for terminally ill patients upon request and proper evaulation.
(10) Marijuana will be legalized and taxed. Any persons 18 years of older may purchase this from the store but may have no more than one gram on them at all times.
(11) This society will encourage and promote individualism. Anyone is free to be whom they are and whom they want as long as it does not tread on the freedoms of others.
(12) School shall also bear a stricter criteria. If you receive below a 69 you shall be sent for remedial classes during the weekend.
(13) School shall be year round, but with elongated holidays and vacation periods. Instead of a summer break, there will be multiple times they get 2 week breaks. It shall be run on a 4 quarter scale.
(1) There shall be no death penalty
(2) If someone is convicted of murder without a cause he shall be put before the court
(3) If found guilty without proper cause, he shall be exiled from the country with a digital folder sent to other nations with this crime, identity, features, and name.
(3A) If that same person is found back in the country, he shall be sent to a prison or camp to serve for 5 years. He shall work the environment and be forced to work jobs daily. He will be treated fairly and equally but always under supervision. Upon 5 years completion he will be exiled again.
(3B) If he is found in the country again or tries to escape during his prison time he shall be sent to a high volume camp or prison to serve a life sentence
(3C) If at any point that person is found not guilty after the court date, he shall be released or his exile lifted.
(1)Will be ran on a city to city basis
(2) It shall be similar to the US. On presidential elections each city shall be counted and the majority vote shall win the city. Smaller cities shall be granted a small number of worth. Larger cities shall be granted a bigger number. When a person receives the most value points, they win.
(3) City officials shall be elected by popular vote among the city members.
(4) Popular votes determine which person shall serve in a platform.
That are just some of the basics. I will build more on them in the next round.
Cowboy0108 forfeited this round.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
Cowboy0108 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Magic8000 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||4||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Fourfit
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.