BLAHthedebator
inaudita

Creating this debate was pointless.

inaudita
Started: 11/6/2014 Category: Funny

BLAHthedebator

Con

This is a brief debate about whether creating it was pointless.

I will make my points extremely brief:

----Why it is useful to me regarding Debate.org-----

1. It was not pointless because my opponent will try to rebut my arguments, making it somewhat NOT pointless because they decide to debate about it in the first place.
2. This is only my second debate, and making a debate this short will help me get closer to be able to vote on other debates, meaning that it is somewhat useful.
3. Every debate one participates in gives him/her the chance of winning, so there is a possibility that I will win this debate. If I do, my ranking will improve. This, again, makes creating this debate useful.

One might say, "It is not useful/pointless in your real life problems, however!" However this is extremely flawed. Here we are with the definition of "pointless":

Pointless: having no meaning, purpose, or effect [1]

According to this, "pointless" does not mean having no purpose IN GENERAL LIFE.
From this we can conclude two things:

1. I did not mention anything about it being pointless in my real life in the resolution.
2. I am only regarding the effects of creating this debate on this website.

-----Conclusion-----

The conclusion is that making this debate is not pointless, regardless of where its uses are... Well, used.

(1) http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Over to you, pro.
inaudita

Pro

The entirety of life is pointless, nullifying all attempts at finding meaning in existence of any kind. No individual, no matter how benevolent or omnipotent has the ability to give life purpose. We are left with the facts that all existence is mechanistic and the complete end of all things is stability.

All Existence is Mechanistic
-All things are led by chemical means. Chemicals react in predictable patterns, and since our entire existence is made of chemicals, that means the entirety of existence run in predictable patterns. We may not know the exact means of the nature of our universe nor the probability involved in it, but nonetheless the fact is reached that all things are predictable. This in turn means we have no free will. This also means, that if a god were to exist, it would also lack free will. In turn, as in all closed systems, the end of all things is equilibrium[1] or stability.

The Complete End of All Things is Stability
-As in all closed systems, which our universe or set of universes is, it will reach stability. The time taken for this matter is completely unknown at the moment, but it doesn't deny the fact that it will eventually occur. This denies the fact of anything else occurring in our universe, or set of universes, that has meaning. The universe (or set of universes) in turn, in its entirety, is pointless, or "having little or no sense, use, or purpose." This in turn leads to the logical conclusion that this debate is in turn pointless.

[1]a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced. -Oxford Dictationaries
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
So that's how you spell it? dictATionaries? Not dictIOnariies?
Posted by inaudita 2 years ago
inaudita
Yeah, it's the actual name of a site.
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
@inaudita Did you just say "Oxford dictationaries"?
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
Thanks to inaudita for joining this debate! Despite how short it is, I hope we will enjoy it. I sound geeky, don't I? LOL
Vote Placed by Ygdjh 2 years ago
Ygdjh
BLAHthedebatorinauditaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with the Pro. There isn't really a meaning to life here, making this debate pointless.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
BLAHthedebatorinauditaTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro proves that at the end of the world, this debate holds no meaning, and is thus pointless.