Creation - The only way that we exist

Why should anyone believe in evolution? Scientists don't even agree with it and they are supposed to be the experts!

My opponent claims that "Scientists don't even agree with [evolution] and they are supposed to be the experts!"

"less than 0.15% of 480,000 biologists and earth scientists polled doubted evolution" [1]

I await my opponent's main arguments in the next round.

Usually it is normal to agree with something has evidence. Science textbooks usually have pictures that support evolution. But here is other evidence that proves evolution nothing other than a hypothesis.

"The Bulletin of Chicago"s Field Museum of Natural History pointed out: "Darwin"s theory of [evolution] has always been closely linked to evidence from fossils, and probably most people assume that fossils provide a very important part of the general argument that is made in favor of darwinian interpretations of the history of life. Unfortunately, this is not strictly true. . . . the geologic record did not then and still does not yield a finely graduated chain of slow and progressive evolution.""January 1979, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 22, 23.

A View of Life states: "Beginning at the base of the Cambrian period and extending for about 10 million years, all the major groups of skeletonized invertebrates made their first appearance in the most spectacular rise in diversity ever recorded on

I only posted that statement to show that yours was incorrect. Regardless, the resolution says nothing about evolution. It specifies that creation is the only possible way we exist. I assume that my opponent is referring to Young Earth Creationism, the idea that the universe was created by God 6000 years ago.

My opponent is making the positive claim, so they have the burden of proof. Which they did not fulfill.

Vote Con.
Posted by Eli01 1 year ago
I figured that. I just wanted to say that.
Posted by Surrealism 1 year ago
Eli, that's not how it works. You don't vote based on who you agree with, you vote based on who debated better.
Posted by Eli01 1 year ago
Creationists vote Pro
Posted by cheyennebodie 1 year ago
I am so tired of ignorant people attacking creation with evolution. Why don't you evolutionists grow some and attack with abiogenesis.That is the real debate.You take some stupid theory and run with it to not believe in creation. Because creation assumes a creator.And that is something that makes those who do not want to be judged for their actions uncomfortable.
Posted by Elijahhill97 1 year ago
Posted by Eli01 1 year ago
Why dont you challenge me?
Posted by Elijahhill97 1 year ago
I AM SO TIRED OF IGNORANT PEOPLE ATTACKING EVOLUTION WITH CREATION. EVOLUTION IS NOT FOR THE EXPLANATION OF LIFE!! THAT IS ALL ABIOGENESIS. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. Also people of faith seem to love to attack darwin but do you know why he said we evolved from apes? He basically said (and this is making it more simple) that if he had to choose something that we evolved from, since he believed we evolved from something prior, he chose apes because of how similar and he set out to try and prove it. IT WAS JUST A THEORY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD THEORY?????????????????????????????
Vote Placed by patrick967 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: BoP was left unfulfilled.