debater12332
welliott

Creation is true

debater12332

Pro

Creation is true. :-)
welliott

Con

Creationism is not true. I am athiest, in this debate I do not intend to affend your belief. Where is the evidence of a superior being(s) that created this Earth and the rest of this universe? Plus there is clear evidence of evolution.
Their is evidence of our universe expanding planets, stars and other bodies of the universe are moving and not by the force of a gravitational pull. Its expanding in a way particles would move if there was an explosion. The theory of this expansion is the big bang theory. A single particle the size of maybe a dime and it exploded one day releasing an enormous amount of energy and gas. You are thinking that I am stupid enough to believe that a small ball of energy exploded and created the whole universe, well yes. It seems more logical than a God creating the world in 7 days. And that it took billions of years to create what the universe is now.
Evolution. We have skeletons of millions year old humans. The skeletons show what humans were before and how our body has mutated to become what it is now. The human race evolved to stand straight up on our two legs. All embryos show similar traits showing that we come from a single species in the beginning. Fossils show similarities between what we were and what we are now.
debater12332

Pro

To say evolution is true means that you believe that a living life form can come from a none living life form. The cell theory states...
1. All living organisms are composed of one or more cells
2. The cell is the most basic unit of life
3. All cells arise from pre-existing, living cells.
How could the first cell have been made?

And about the universe expanding if the moon is going further away from the earth (and it is) then if it were billions of years old then it would have been either touching the earth at one point or so close the gravitational pull would have been amazingly strong.
welliott

Con

The first cell could have been naturally forming lipid spheres, and these spheres randomly entrapped different combinations of chemicals. Or a randomness of chemical reactions created the first living cell. This, I know, is not solid evidence our intellect and techology can only show us so much at this point in time. In the future I guarantee that there will be a procen theory of where/how living cells came about.
The reason for the moon still being in Earth's orbit is because a giant meteor hit the Earth early on, when the Earth was mainly mantle, this then sent out an explosion of mantle, rocks, and the meteor into space. The speed of the meteor was greatly reduced from the impact and the it stayed in the gravitational pull of the Earth. The mantle and other rocks formed onto that creating the moon. Since then the moon has been pulling away a few inches a year. It is predicted it will take about a billion years for it finally pull out of orbit and float into space.
debater12332

Pro

Evolution breaks the law of cause and effect. No effect can be bigger than the cause. What cause is big enough to have created the universe.

Second law of thermodynamics says that things go from order to disorder. Evolution goes from disorder to order.

Or the law of bio genesis that states life can only come from life.

The law of probability says that if the chances are beyond 1 and 1 followed by 50 zeros than it is impossible no matter how much time is given. Because of all the things that make up a cell the chances of life coming from nothing is impossible using the law of probability.

These are some major flaws in evolution.
welliott

Con

True, but we still don't know all of the causes quite yet. Like I said before we can only predict so much with the technology available along with intellect of creating theories of how it all started. Laws of physics and other theories are broken all the time, the cell theory will have to be adjusted once we discover the cause of how living things came to be.
You restate the possibility of life is nearly impossible or simply impossible but what about God is he living? And where did this superior being come from? And his powers? His powers to make us, and the rest of the universe.
debater12332

Pro

debater12332 forfeited this round.
welliott

Con

Because of your forfeit and I have nothing to counter in this round I will give my thoughts to why God doesn't exist. As I mentioned before, where did God come from? I have done research and according to some passages from the Genesis and Bible say God created time and therefore always existed and never was created. You are discrediting yourself as well when you say life can only be produced by another living thing and then how can life be created? Your reason is because God created life. Well then what about God, is He alive? If He is, what living organism or being created him? Or should I believe that he came from nowhere and without cause he decided to build the universe? That logic seems idiotic to believe in. A being that we can not see, hear, touch, or any other kind of evidence that proves it's existence and you choose to believe it is there. Why do YOU believe in God? Were you raised into believing in him, traumatic event, passing of a loved one, YOU witnessed a miracle and had to believe? I was personally raised into believing, I went to a christian school. My old school had us pray everyday and as I grew older I came to a conclusion that God does not exist. I need evidence to believe in anything now, and not blindly be lead into believing a superior being created EVERYTHING yet have no trace of proof that he did. Now what is your proof? The proof you must provide can't be based on the "connections" you have had with God (it is not reliable), it has to be solid evidence.
Now to his discriminating. More Africans became christian after countries colonized Africa. Since then white people (mainly) discriminated towards the blacks. For example The KKK, these were Christians that protested against black people's rights, they verbally and physically hurt Africans. How can God stand by and watch this happen? White Christians hurting black Christians? KKK said they are Christians, wouldn't God want to stop an organization like this? Exceeded my space to elaborate.
debater12332

Pro

debater12332 forfeited this round.
welliott

Con

Because of my opponent's forfeit I will continue to explain why creationism is not true.
Evolution. Evolution is a series small, maybe even large, mutations and overtime these mutations lead to a new race in a species or even a new species. I don't know too much on this subject but for me it seems more logical than a superior made everything perfect the way it is now.
Dinosaurs, is it hard for you creationists to find a reason how these creatures were on the Earth despite the evidence that they clearly existed and somehow the majority of them went extinct? I have researched possible answers of creationist community. Dinosaurs were existed at the same time as us! Your explanation to why they aren't here right now is because God didn't want them anymore. Good counter creationist but 6,000 years ago the human race had historians to record such sittings, plus millions of people to possibly see these creatures and how come not one little kid decided not to write down, 'I saw my first T-Rex today'? Now how did they the majority of dinosaurs go extinct? Did Noah not care for them when the flood happened? Was it a dino plague? It couldn't have been a meteor because the human race along with most species have been here since the beginning of time (6,000 years ago) with the dinosaurs. In more recent years a giant worn down crater than could have easily killed the dinosaur population has been discovered in Mexico. God really made the evidence of the killer of dinosaurs look nice.
That's about it.... yea so I'm going to sleep now, buenos noches mis amigos!
By the way if I offended you or your religion in anyway my bad, lo siento. Happy voting
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
The Instigator is apparently a fan of Answers in Genesis and other creationist organizations since he spouts the same discredited arguments that they have been publishing for years. He obviously has no training in science and either cannot or will not think critically. He is the epitome of a creationist that accepts whatever supports his beliefs without any attempt to think or analyze it for himself.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Creation has not failed any test. It still happened and it will always be a mystery to the unbeliever.

Since when did atheist corner the market on rational thinking. I ,for one, see atheism as searching for something that has and always will elude them. How life began. Nothing in nature is creating any new life. And that after all this life is just teeming. Nothing alive today just happened. All life sprung from an existing life.There had to be the first life. Now God said after he made all living things that everything will reproduce after its kind. That law of geneses has never been broken. And God sat down and creating life was finished. That to me makes far more sense than looking over this magnificent eco-system and think, all of this is just an accident.

I really hand it to atheists. They have to employ such great faith to believe that. I could never incorporate that kind of faith in my thinking.
Posted by welliott 2 years ago
welliott
Piss off squirrelnuts57. It was a mistake, English isn't my first language
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
Con doesn't know how to spell offend. HA! "Affend," ha!
Posted by whatisthemind 2 years ago
whatisthemind
You're both incoherent and don't know a damn thing about any of this.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
The exact steps in the abiogenesis process, whether occurring on Earth or elsewhere, remain unknown to science. And scientist readily admit there ignorance on this point, creationists do not. Why, because creationists use religious certainty and faith, both are very poor paths to knowledge.
In fact, the scientific method only admits for universal negatives " in science, you can only falsify something completely, not confirm it completely. Something is judged to be true because it stands to the test of falsifiability extensively enough to be unassailable. But failing one single test disqualifies a specific principle from being accepted.
Posted by Surrealism 2 years ago
Surrealism
There is no "law of cause and effect".

That is not what the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics states.

Frequentist Probability has been declined in favor of Bayesian Probability by mathematicians and statisticians for decades.
Posted by debater12332 2 years ago
debater12332
I mean young earth creation vs evolution
Posted by Raistlin 2 years ago
Raistlin
Do you mean young earth creationism, old earth creationism, or neither?