Victoria360
Armitus

Creation vs Evolution

Victoria360

Con

I would like to begin by stating that I am a Atheist and therefor do not believe in god. So I will be taking the side of evolution. The following rules will apply:
-NO forfeiting
-No trolling
-Please do not use offensive language
-First round if for acceptance only
I really do love these debates, they might even be my favorite topic to debate. So, Im looking forward to a interesting debate! Good luck to my opponent! :)
Armitus

Pro

I accept!

Thanks for the opportunity to debate you! I too am looking foward to this, as it is one of my favorite topics as well.

I agree! No forfeiting, No trolling, and NO CUSSING. I completely agree with you on all of those, and will be more than happy to comply!

A little bit about me. . .

I am a Creationist. I will arguing that God created the heavens and the earth, and that evolution is based on core assumptions that are either proven false or cannot be proven at all (or can easily be inturpeted to prove a designer). I will not hesitate to point out logical fallacies, nor will I be slow to point out weak points in my opponent's arguments.

Good luck to you too, and I hope that we will both have a great debating experience! :)

Victoria360

Con

I would like to begin this debate by expressing the very simple definition of some of the things I will be going over:
The Theory of Evolution:(1) Darwin's theory consisted of two main points; diverse groups of animals evolve from one or a few common ancestors; the mechanism by which this evolution takes place is natural selection.
Natural Selection:(2) The process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring.
The Big Bang Theory: (3) No I am not talking about the amazing TV show. But I am talking about the leading cosmological model for the start of our universe. It basically says that the universe began with a atom (Theoretically) and it expanded (I will go further into this topic later in the debate)
(1)First of all, the Big Bang was not a explosion in space it was a explosion OF space, meaning that all of space was condensed into a extremely dense area. This "dot" got so hot that it exploded and as time went on the universe expanded. (3)When it expanded it started to cool down, thereby cells started to form and change (evolve). This makes sense because the universe had to start somewhere, or it would of had to be infinite.
After this cosmic explosion, the universe started to cool down.(4) When it cooled down it would first create gravity, then the strong force (which helps hold cells together), then electromagnetic forces. Following this expansion the fundamental particles and energy come into play, like electrons, photons, neutrinos, and less familiar types. All of this happened in under 2 seconds!
(4)(5)After this formation, basic elements started to occur. This means that protons and neutrons come together to form the nuclei of basic elements such as lithium, helium, and hydrogen. After this its going to take a long time.... about 300,000 years to form stable atoms.
(4)(5)After this we have one of the most amazing era"s of them all. The radiation era, which is 10,000 years from when the big bang happened. In this era most energy is left over from the big bang and is now in a radio wave form, or wavelengths of light. As I said the universe is expanding as I'm typeing this debate, and its expanding in every direction! So these light rays are going to stretch out, these are still here to this day.
There are more stages of evolution, natural selection ect ect. That I plan to explain in the next round. I do want to stop, because I want to make sure I made everything clear and I am very exited to hear you objections to this debate! :) Good luck pro!!!!! :)

(1)http://www.sparknotes.com...
(2)https://www.google.com...
(3)http://en.wikipedia.org...
(4)http://patrickgrant.com...
(5)http://en.wikipedia.org...
Armitus

Pro

Armitus forfeited this round.
Victoria360

Con

My opponent has resigned from debate.org. He forfeited, breaking are rules and thereby he should lose this debate. Sorry for the people that were looking forward to a interesting debate.
Armitus

Pro

Armitus forfeited this round.
Victoria360

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited I will not be posting any more arguments for this debate.
Armitus

Pro

Armitus forfeited this round.
Victoria360

Con

Victoria360 forfeited this round.
Armitus

Pro

Armitus forfeited this round.
Posted by Victoria360 2 years ago
Victoria360
Study the bible? I have about 3 hours of homework, on top of sports, on top on kung fu, on top of having a social life!!! Um If I was going to read I would read something interesting like Harry Potter. :p
Posted by Armitus 2 years ago
Armitus
I must inform you that I will not be completing this debate, as I am quitting debate.org. Sorry. It's not that I am not knowledgeable on the subject, it's just that debate.org takes up too much of my time, and I know how to say enough! Goodbye,

And Victoria,
Yes, I did pull those verses from a Bible. If you're interested how I came to those conclusions, study it out for yourself because that's always the best thing to do.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne
That's not what probability implies at all. Probability theory is widely used to estimate under uncertainty. For example, I plant X amount of corn. What is my expected yield at the end of the growing season?
You like to talk about things without knowing what they are.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Reality does not look at probability. It looks at end consequences.If I plant a corn kernel, it will always produce corn, Never apples. As long as it is in good ground.Reaping what is sown is a law. Not wishful thinking.

Like our national debt. If allowed to continue will collapse the economy. Not if, but when is the real question. Because there are laws that govern economics. They are the same in individuals, cities, counties, states and nations. They are laws because they work every time.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
You're still really new to math and science, but that's awesome! Math is great. The good stuff comes in university. Make sure you look at things like number theory, group theory, topology, and probability theory.
Posted by Victoria360 2 years ago
Victoria360
I could give you a million reasons why I think that religion is illogical. But as you can see I don't know a lot about it. Science and math are a whole different story, if anyone was wondering if I have any idea what i'm talking about in my debate.... i do. Im currently working on honors geometry and will soon be moving on to algebra 2. Im really exited to enter high school and start with either pre calc or trig(Yes, i'm a nerd) because I will get to take basic physics soon after. Anyways,The big bang and theory of evolution makes sense! Yes, yes there are problems with it and there are holes in the knowledge of it. But, it is the most logical explanation for the state that we the worlds in today. BTW If you say that you have to have faith, then- well.... no. How are you suppose to have faith in something that does not have any proof?
P.S- Whats your source?? Did you cite it out of the bible or did you remember it.. or....
Posted by Armitus 2 years ago
Armitus
The lists of scriptures you have shown me (which are from Exodus for the audiences note) are pulled so far out of context it's not even funny. Allow me to shed some light on each of those.

Exodus 20:17 In no way infers that wife is property. it says

"You do not covet your neighbor's house, you do not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, or whatever belongs to your neighbor. "

This verse is telling us not to covet other peoples stuff, including someone else's wife (which is the cause of many crimes today). This is a warning against MEN telling us not to want a woman that's not available.

Exodus 21:4

This verse was taken out of context. It reads:
"If his master give him a wife, and she bear him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself"

This is referring to a servant (biblical form of paying debts that the person cannot pay) that is given a wife (whom is also in servitude) by his master. When the servant has paid his debt, he has the option to leave. However, he cannot bring the wife with him since the wife still owes the master money. Not that they still can't be married, it's just that the wife has to pay what she owes, just as the man did.

Exodus 22:18 reads "Do not allow a practiser of witchcraft to live"
This applies to ANYONE who practices witchcraft. Male OR Female.

Exodus 21:7-11
I'll get to this later. I have to go. Point is that the bible is not sexist, and please do not rely on uninformed sources like the one you pulled up.

BTW: There is a small chance that i'll miss Round 2 of the debate. Sorry if I do.
Posted by Victoria360 2 years ago
Victoria360
read* sorry about that..... its been a long day lol
Posted by Victoria360 2 years ago
Victoria360
OKay yes the pope does not happen to be in the bible.... but..... he is the figure of religion in todays world. Even people who dont keep up with anything about it know about the pope because it is so public. This is still christianity but reas this:
20:17 Wife as property. 21:4 Wife and children belong to master. 21:7-11 OK to sell daughters. Female slaves can be used for sex. Polygamy permitted. Unwanted female slaves can be set "free" without payment of money. 22:18 Kill witches.
http://www.religiouscriticism.com...
BTW I will have my debate posted in about a hour.
Posted by Armitus 2 years ago
Armitus
LOL! Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying!

Anyways Victoria360, you have to remember that Christianity is not the only religion out there, therefore you cannot say that ALL religion is sexist because you believe that one religion is.

Furthermore, tell me where in the scriptures the pope is mentioned. You will not find it. So tell me how the religion is sexist, and NOT the people in it. You are confusing the people/positions with the religion. The pope position is not mentioned in the bible, so how can you say the position proves that the religion is sexist, if the position isn't even mentioned in the bible? The pope is a tradition derived from very little scriptural backing.

You will need more evidence than that to make such a profound statement.