RationalEvolutionist
ProfJacob

Creationism (Pro) vs. Evolution (Con): Which is more reliable?

RationalEvolutionist

Con

I'd like to thank ProfJacob for accepting this debate.

Rules

1. No plagiarism. Plagiarism is the act of copying someone else's work and claim it as your own.

Failure to follow these rules will result in a 7-point forfeiture.

Presentation

Fossil evidence

In the fossil record: There are snapshots from the past in which, if arranged from oldest to earliest, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change overtime. The snapshots may be scattered in places and have bits missing, but that which we are left with clearly supports the claim that we originated from different animals, evolving overtime.

Similarities between humans and related living organisms

During and since Darwin was born, people have been studying animals. Scientists, lately, have been discovering that we humans share DNA with others as our former selves (Or at least some)(Monkeys)[1].

Noah's ark

Wood is very brittle. And having established that fact, how did the animals and Noah survive?

1. According to the Bible, there were many animals on the ark.

So, from how much the ark had to carry, it should have crashed, regardless of grip (Which makes the middle of the wood more susceptible to breakage).

2.

So, those drops, flood striking, etc. should have annahilated the ark (Hence, wood).

I await my opponent's set of arguments.

[1] http://www.sciencedaily.com...
ProfJacob

Pro

I thank my opponent for this.

Presentations

1) The universe and solar system were created spontaneously. We can prove this by the 1st and 2nd law of thermo dynamics. The 1st law of thermo dynamics simply states that energy can change forms however energy cannot be created or destroyed[1]. The 2nd Law of thermodynamics states the energy is going from order to disorder[2]. This would show that the universe could not have created its self or lasted as long as what evolutionist claim, if it had lasted this long the solar system would have depleted itself of usable energy by now[3].

2) How could I argue creationism if I do not make the claim that Life appeared spontaneously? If you look at the fossil record you will notice that there are gaps and then all of a sudden complex life comes around[4][5][6]. How can you discredit an explanation as to why there are gaps in the fossil record?

3) Mutations are just about always harmful in living organisms in the wild. With mutations being so rare is It really logical to think that it is possible for at least 16 millions different species to evolve based on a mere chance[7]?

Rebuttals

Noah's ark

So?

Sorry. I barely have any time left. I'll respond to the rest later. But for now, gtg. BYE!
RationalEvolutionist

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate (Now. In the 1st round, I thanked my opponent for accepting this debate too. However, he hasn't even accepted it yet!)

Rebuttals

1)
The universe and solar system were created spontaneously. We can prove this by the 1st and 2nd law of thermo dynamics. The 1st law of thermo dynamics simply states that energy can change forms however energy cannot be created or destroyed[1]. The 2nd Law of thermodynamics states the energy is going from order to disorder[2]. This would show that the universe could not have created its self or lasted as long as what evolutionist claim, if it had lasted this long the solar system would have depleted itself of usable energy by now[3].

1) Your supposed "evidence" (Provided in the 1st round) is irrelevant, in fact, COMPLETELY irrelevant, to the claim you were trying to prove (That the Universe came into existence simultaneously).

2) Some evolutionists (Me, in particular) believe that the Universe existed forever. That doesn't defy my belief.

3) Indeed. According to the 2nd law of thermodynamics, everything tends toward disorder. So, (As I believe that the Big Bang occured), matter was very compact. There was a cataclysmic explosion. The matter moved all directions, thus not violating that law. That doesn't defy my belief either.

2)
How could I argue creationism if I do not make the claim that Life appeared spontaneously? If you look at the fossil record you will notice that there are gaps and then all of a sudden complex life comes around[4][5][6]. How can you discredit an explanation as to why there are gaps in the fossil record?

Fossil records of 1 amongst many varieties of species are exceedingly rare, and only occur under specific conditions, and that the earliest multi-cellular life forms were all soft-bodied (And invertebrates) and thus left little to no trace as fossils for us to observe due to not having a bone that doesn't deteriorate, unlike the body.

3)
Mutations are just about always harmful in living organisms in the wild. With mutations being so rare is It really logical to think that it is possible for at least 16 millions different species to evolve based on a mere chance[7]?

If you meant something else, then nevermind; Your question is irrelevant. Otherwise:

Doesn't this defend MY position? How so? Because, if mutations are completely rare (Meaning that not often are animals changed into another kind[1]), and most animals remained their kind, no kinds of species were removed? Hopefully, you realize the flaw in your argument.

Noah's ark

So?

I would just like to repeat:

2.

So, those drops, flood striking, etc. should have demolished the ark (Hence, wood).

So, that information that I provided exposes the innacuracy of the historiacy of the Bible.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
ProfJacob

Pro

HAHA WTTF You're so useless to mankind and to your mom. WHy do you even exist? Go kil lurself lolol

RationalEvolutionist

Con

RationalEvolutionist forfeited this round.
ProfJacob

Pro

ProfJacob forfeited this round.
RationalEvolutionist

Con

ProfJacob

Pro

ProfJacob forfeited this round.
RationalEvolutionist

Con

ProfJacob

Pro

ProfJacob forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Creationism originated with Ellen White, as a product of her hallucinations about God, which were a result of her head/brain injury affecting her Temporal Lobes.
So Creationism is a product of Hallucinations, not of reality.

Ellen hallucinated that she witnessed God creating the universe in six normal days and taught these to her church . Latter Days Saints, and one of her constituents, George McCready Price who published books on Flood Geology.
Price's work was criticized and beaten badly by science, but the Creationists ignore his defeat and continue to push his failed concepts still.

Thus Creationists are ignorant and Extremely Naive of anything to do with Reality.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Rule #1: "no plagiarism."
It even says it in round.
Posted by RationalEvolutionist 3 years ago
RationalEvolutionist
Nope; Just notifying you.
RationalEvolutionist
Ah. Thanks, IceHawks, for that.

And as for you now, ProfJacob, 7 points are automatically deducted from you. Simply put, you just copy/pasted it. COMPLETELY!
RationalEvolutionist
matter was distributed in all directions*
Posted by IceHawk2009 3 years ago
IceHawk2009
As flattering it is to see some one else admire my argument I believe that profjacob copied and pasted my argument from another debate http://www.debate.org...
RationalEvolutionist
Other error I would like to correct: For the "rules" section, I only listed ONE rule. However, I put it as if there were more (Hence "Failure to follow these RULES (Put in plural form instead of singular)"). So, just assume it's "this rule" instead of "these rules".
Posted by IReason 3 years ago
IReason
im a sloth created by God