Creationism and Evolution: Is there really a difference

Most people believe that there is a split between the theistic idea of creationism and the scientific idea of evolution. I simply believe this not to be true. I am new DDO so don't be surprised if I suck but I just wanted to try it out.

I would like to thank my opponent on creating this topic and good luck on his first debate! I will be arguing that there is a clear difference between Creationism and Evolution.

First lets get the definitions, since my opponent has not provided any.

Creationism: "the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution."

Evolution: " a theory that the differences between modern plants and animals are because of changes that happened by a natural process over a very long time"

Difference: "a point or way in which people or things are not the same."

Now, the difference between Creationism and Evolution is simple, I won't use my religious preferences in my debate but simply show to you and the voter that there is a difference.

Creationism believes that there is a God/Divine creator that created the world which we live on. The merriam webster dictionary even defined it as "the belief that God created all things out of nothing as described in the Bible and that therefore the theory of evolution is incorrect." Even thou there is more then one type of creationism and one type of evolutionist. They still have their differences. Creationism says that the earth was created in 6 days by a Creator and the earth has been for thousands of years. While evolution suggests that the earth has been around for 4.54 Billion Years and that life began from random chemical reactions.

First I would like to thank you very much for accepting the challenge of my first debate!!

For my first counter argument I would like to quote Pope Francis as saying, "The idea of evolution does not contradict the creative intervention of God, it requires it."
In 1950, Pope Pius XII proclaimed there was no opposition between evolution and Catholic doctrine. In 1996, St. John Paul II endorsed Pius' statement.
I got this information from USA Today, here's the link

Those who interpret the bible, especially genesis, are portrayers of outdated religion. The Catholic church has taken major steps towards the scientific community.

Also let's try to stay away from Wikipedia, since that is not a credible source.

First off, you have only stated what Pope Francis has said, without really any explanation behind it except... "Well he said it, so therefore it must be true."

We are here to discuss if Creationism and Evolution have a difference. Pope Francis hasn't proved that Creationism and Evolution are the same but only stating his opinion trying to combine them. Combining them is completely different. Because lets look back at what these too sides state.

Evolution/The Big Bang suggests life began by chemical reactions and a rapid explosion which put life in existence millions and billions of years ago and life has evolved over time. (No source has a correct date or time.)

While creationism believes that the earth was created by a divine creator that spent 6 days creating the heavens and the earth and that the earth has only been around a couple of thousands of years.

Voter, consider the resolution here. Creationism and Evolution: Is there really a difference? Of course, they were created to be two significantly opposing reasons why the earth was created and that is what we are here to debate not a man who decides he is going to combine the two. Consider this for the rest of the debate:

DIFFERENCE: "a point or way in which people or things are not the same."

Are these the two concepts the same? No, by definition and by belief.

I ask that my opponent leaves his own beliefs to himself and keep them especially out of this debate since we are only here to find a difference between these 2 different reasons why the universe as we know it is created. So saying things like "Portrayers of outdated religion." I shouldn't be seeing in this debate as it just leads to a whole other debate.

N3ONoZEDoMASTER forfeited this round.

Since my opponent has not made a response, I stand firm on my case and see if he makes a response.

N3ONoZEDoMASTER forfeited this round.

I have clearly provided the differences of Creationism and Evolution for this reason I ask for a Con vote, thanks.
Posted by Godgirl 11 months ago
I am a Christian and I sort of believe in evolution. I believe that species evolve within their species ( such as birds' beaks changing based on environment), but not that a species will evolve into another species (like chimpanzees evolving into humans)
Posted by Jonbonbon 12 months ago
"I am new DDO so don't be surprised if I suck but I just wanted to try it out."

I lol'd. Gold medal for this statement. Top performance.

Message me if you need the link to the Beginner's Guide to DDO. You earned it.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.