Eblank3218
Flippenout

Creationism

Eblank3218

Eblank3218

Con

I do not believe that humans were created, mainly because there is no scientific evidence for it. For evolution, there are tons of facts like for instance it has been proven that humans evolved from monkeys, and dinosaurs evolved into birds.
Flippenout

Pro

I accept the challenge to debate you on this topic. I do not believe that I am capable of proving God's existence with 100% certainty but I do believe that we have a substantial amount of evidence to show beyond a reasonable doubt, there is a God. Concerning evolution, the amount of evidence against evolution is overwhelming. Even though scientists claim evolution to be a scientific fact, I find it to be based on a mountain of assumptions that requires blind faith. Let me also point out that the fossil record is not the best piece of evidence to use when trying to prove that there is a such thing as common ancestry within organisms.

Let the debate begin! Good luck!
Eblank3218

Con

Eblank3218 forfeited this round.
Flippenout

Pro

Flippenout forfeited this round.
Eblank3218

Con

Eblank3218 forfeited this round.
Flippenout

Pro

Flippenout forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Actually Creationists have run out of any verifiable evidence for Creation and now have turned to any gaps or grey areas of scientific knowledge to pretend that evidence exists there, such as Quantum Mechanics and Abiogenesis.
Practically every other scientific endeavor has no place for Creationists to try and assert/pretend evidence.
Creationism is Doomed!
Ken Ham will need to find another job, though he has stolen enough cash from supporters from his deception, to retire comfortably anyway.
But the future is getting bleaker for those who want to follow Hamster into making money from deceiving many.
Especially when the New Generation Science Standards get adopted nationally.
No wonder Hammy is upset by their introduction.
Yes, I've read his blog on it.
His children may need to get a real job!
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
The Second Law Of Thermodynamics only exists in a closed system (entropy), as the earth is an open system where excessive quantities of energy are being introduced from the sun through photosynthesis.
There is much more energy than required for increasing complexity and evolution.
Creationists cannot apply that as something to defeat evolution.
If the Sun disappeared, yes, entropy will deplete the reserves of energy that exists on the planet and life would fizzle out within a year or so as we burn up all the energy stored in the Earth to keep a small population of humans and animals alive.
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
Perhaps creationists" should take another look at the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This Law is the foundation to evolution.

http://www.amazon.com...
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
I agree Mike: It's believing in scriptures that causes most of the issues with religious stupidity.
If God created the laws of nature then there should be no difficulties between religion and science and through studying the laws of nature, one can consider oneself as studying the laws of God.
To try and claim a conflict between nature and God is setting up yourself for ridicule as science has evidence and the contrary has nothing even near evidence.

Creationist's try and use the second law of thermodynamics to dispute evolution, but it does not apply to evolution as the earth is an open system, getting constant energy from the Sun which destroys their contention, as there is an excess of available energy for increasing complexity in living organisms.

It's such blind ignorance of nature and what science is that gets Young Earth Creationists labelled as Creatards ( Creation Retards).

And they deserve such denigration for their Blind faith in Scripture!
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
I believe in God. I believe God created everything including the Laws of Nature, and therefore, the Laws of Nature is the handwriting of God. I study God"s handwriting via the scientific method. When you morally follow the handwriting of God amazing things happen within the awesome machinery of God"s nature (the evolution of the standard of living from technology, food production, and medicine, the stables of human existence throughout the world today).

The deciphering of God"s handwriting, via the scientific method, recently revealed that all life has Unalienable Rights, which are an outgrowth of the Constructal Law, which is an outgrowth of the Second Law of Thermodynamics. The exciting part is, morality is an outgrowth of our Unalienable Rights. One may view morality as the fingerprint of God, seen through the Laws of Nature.

http://www.bookdaily.com...

On the other hand, for those of us of faith, including preachers and prophets, should be careful when studying man"s scripture about God. We must remember that man is fallible, and those who study such scriptures may misinterpret of what God wants; therefore, God gets"and, in some cases, God help us all.

And in saying that, its man"s fallible interpretation of those scriptures that bring about all this fuss over evolution being the machinery of God"s Creation.
Posted by DSky25 2 years ago
DSky25
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. They evolved from a common ancestor that we share with apes. Educate yourself on these facts because it makes your position look weak if you do not even understand the evidence you claim to believe in.
Posted by hawes 2 years ago
hawes
Humans. Are just plain mistakes of nature
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Eblank3218FlippenoutTied
Reasons for voting decision: I know there is tonnes of evidence for evolution, so Con is right, Pro has no evidence against evolution and never sourced any so I will have to go with Con for being the most correct to start with.