DoctorIntelligentBlackson
Mitchell27

Creative Story Writing

DoctorIntelligentBlackson

DoctorIntelligentBlackson

Pro

Should be unable to accept. Please comment for consideration.

So, here's the deal, I propose that we, pro and con, write a short story together.

30 min. to argue and only 1,000 characters

Round 1- You may either:

A> Start the story and use your last round for polite banter, or whatever, and I will finish.
-OR-
B> Use your first round for polite banter, deferring the beginning of the story to me, and finish the story on your last round. I will, of course use my last round for banter in this instance.

The voters should take into consideration and address:

1. Transition (How smoothly one picks up where the other left off)
2. Continuity (Avoiding contradictions with one's opponent and one's self)
3. Engaging (Makes you want to read more)
4. Creativity (Judge for yourself)

NOTE: Changing perspective (i.e. first to third person) is acceptable -But- May cause dings to 1. Transition.

Let me know if I missed anything, thanks.
Mitchell27

Con

Banter, Banter. :)
DoctorIntelligentBlackson

Pro

When you have two children and you can only tend to one, what do you do with the other? You can't simply throw him away.

When your Mom calls you down the stairs one second for breakfast and isn't there for the next, what do you think she's doing? Well if your Ethan Johnson, then you know it is the Saturday morning that she is supposed to be taking you to a judo tournament, and your late. But there was something else, you called her Mom, is that who she really is?

Ethan was a tall, muscular, dark skinned boy with brown wavy hair, and crystal blue eyes. He was always into sports and had a passion for martial arts. He was also very popular in school with lots of friends, they called him E.J. for short. He attends Skyview Middle School in Denver Colorado, and has impeccable grades.

Ethan's home life wasn't as fun as you might think. His Mother was always pressuring him, and he always had to be perfect. Ethan never knew his Dad, and his mother never talks about him.
Mitchell27

Con

"Ethan had an idea to find his father. His plant was to go down to office of ..."
"Cut! Did you just say plant, like P-L-A-N-T!" yelled the director.
"I was just saying what's on this silly script. Who writes this stuff a freaking two year old?" The narrator shouted back through the glass of the recording both.
"This story is going to win me an Oscar so just read properly and stop crying about a typo!" The director was pissed, this was the fourth time they stop and yelled about a typo. Bill didn't know what to do, it was getting late and he had to be home so he could care for his daughter. His daughter was very sick and her nurse stopped being paid at five and it was already seven. Shelia, the nurse, was kind and understood that Bill had to work but she did say she would start to just leave when the pay stopped. While Bill was thinking the argument end and the narrator stormed off yelling about how he is to famous for the low budget film anyways. Bill rushed home to his terminal child.
DoctorIntelligentBlackson

Pro

After Bill got home he saw his daughter was on the floor, blood streaming out of her mouth "Anna!" he cried as he rushed over to her to feel her pulse. She was still alive. He scrambled to the phone to call 9-1-1. "Hello, how may I help you?" asked the operator. "My daughter," stammered Bill,"she's sick, I think she's dying." "Okay sir, what is your location?" responded the operator. "4673 Canson St. NW, Washington D.C." Bill said. "Alright, help is on the way." Bill went back over to his daughter and wept with her in his arms. "Please don't die, please please don't die!" he cried. Bill heard a knock on the door and ran to open it. It was the paramedics, "She's over there" said Bill. The paramedics loaded her on to a stretcher and took her outside into the ambulance. When Bill got to the hospital, the doctor gave him the breakdown of what was going on. His daughter had Avian Influenza. I disease that is very rare in humans, it comes from humans eating diseased chicken. Bill was scared.
Mitchell27

Con

Mitchell27 forfeited this round.
Posted by Mitchell27 3 years ago
Mitchell27
Sorry about forfeiting I forget about the debate timing and got distracted with other things. I did enjoy this style of debating and would like to do it again some time, with a longer debate period. I anyone would like to do one of these story debates please message me. Please do not vote for me in this debate!
Posted by msheahan99 3 years ago
msheahan99
This should be fun to watch
Posted by msheahan99 3 years ago
msheahan99
This should be fun to watch
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
DoctorIntelligentBlacksonMitchell27Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I thought con's story writing was better overall. Con's ff leads me to equalize the voting points..
Vote Placed by msheahan99 3 years ago
msheahan99
DoctorIntelligentBlacksonMitchell27Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is tough, I didn't like pros beggining and I loved cons switch to the movie set, however the forfeit set me off. I have to go with pro on this because of the forfeit.
Vote Placed by EndarkenedRationalist 3 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
DoctorIntelligentBlacksonMitchell27Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, this is certainly different. CON failed to continue the story in the end, so I'll give arguments to PRO. After all, he wrote 2 sections compared to CON's 1. I wonder what happened to the second child though.... Both made several small mistakes with S&G, so that's tied. Conduct also goes to PRO because of the forfeit. No sources were required.