jrodio
Voxol

Creativity

Voxol

jrodio

Pro

I personally have always believed that schools are against students creativity once they hit high school. Recently in my college prep class (it is an elective) we were presented a video to take notes one the video did agree with me and made some very excellent points such as the following from my notes; "students are being taught the unpredictable" meaning students are required to take math English science and history because that's what "schools" think they need to know for the future, none of the adults in my life require any of that knowledge for their career and get paid fairly well. "Schools prepare students for college to get a degree to get a career" which is BS because since when does a degree grantee a job? it doesn't. my argument is that yes students should be taught basic math and have average English and science skills and a few key points from history but I don't believe those should be a requirement for thirteen years.
Voxol

Con

I accept this debate with the argument that high school math and science courses should be a necessity. In such a technologically advanced and sophisticated world, it is important for schools to invest in science and math to ensure that the next generation will continue the and build on the innovations of the last
jrodio

Pro

jrodio forfeited this round.
Voxol

Con

Waiting for pro to post her rebuttal
jrodio

Pro

jrodio forfeited this round.
Voxol

Con

Pro has not posted her rebuttal
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Math and science are all you need to succeed in life, plus a willingness to work hard and improve your skill level.Most of the baloney being thrown at young people today only gets them prepared to get in other peoples business.Not their own.
Posted by SE2 2 years ago
SE2
If what you want to study isn't at the high school you are going to you can always study it on your own.
Posted by VelCrow 2 years ago
VelCrow
@jrodio

aww.. I was too late.. Anyways good luck with your debate :)
Posted by jrodio 2 years ago
jrodio
no no no I am saying i don't think it should be mandatory
Posted by VelCrow 2 years ago
VelCrow
HI there. I would love to debate you on this topic. But please post the format as well as the topic for debate clearly. Are you saying that "Advance Math, English and Science should not be taught during highschool?"
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
jrodioVoxolTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeitture