Andrey.Khvan
Sunny_day

Credit system in the universities: pros and cons

Andrey.Khvan

Pro

Hello everyone! My position is that eventhogh there are certain cons in the American credit system, I am absolutely happy with it. I think that it provides us more freedom in our choice of the cources, we are supported in choosing the subjects that we are interested in. Whereas in our post USSR countires the system is absolutely different. In particular, the curriculum is pre-determined for all students, the schudule is fixed and there is no opportunity for your choice as an individual.
Sunny_day

Con

Hi! Thank you for opening this topic. I am also from one of the USSR countries, but the difference is that I am the 3rd year student in our local university with the pre-determined curriculum, all subjects are compulsary in our universities and we have a fixed schedule. However, I find the system is good for my education. I think that it is great that we have groups and we all study the same subjects, which are essential for our future profession. We all have the same dates for exams and live like a one family. Plus, we often have collective trips with my groupmates and teambuilding games so that we can find out more about each other. Whereas with the credit system you hardly know your university mates as you all have different schedules, different cources and even different lectures, so I find that you do have hardly anything to talk about together and to dicuss.
Andrey.Khvan

Pro

Andrey.Khvan forfeited this round.
Sunny_day

Con

Sunny_day forfeited this round.
Andrey.Khvan

Pro

Andrey.Khvan forfeited this round.
Sunny_day

Con

Sunny_day forfeited this round.
Andrey.Khvan

Pro

Andrey.Khvan forfeited this round.
Sunny_day

Con

Sunny_day forfeited this round.
Posted by Sunny_day 4 years ago
Sunny_day