Cristian vs Atheist

The goal of this debate will be simple: To see who can provide more evidence than their opponent. I will be arguing in favor of the existence of God. The first time you post will be acceptance/opening remarks. From there on out you can either make a statement or argue against the previous statement. Good luck.

I accept. I will attempt to provide sufficient evidence for a few scientific theories that explain where life comes from, and I will also try to refute Christianity by exposing various contradictions and unsubstantiated claims within the religion. Unfortunately, many Christians have different interpretations and versions of the faith, so I will need to understand pro's position and interpretation of various issues in Christianity if I am to refute his views. I'd like to message you, Pro, so I can come to an understanding of what your interpretation of Christianity is.

I'll try to provide as much evidence and refutations as I can within the 8,000 character limit. Looking forward to an intelligent discussion!

I do not plan on using 8,000 characters, but I will do my best with what I have. I do not want this to be just an argument, but another way to experience a different world view.

First, I will tell you about my thoughts on the Big Bang theory. I find the Big Bang theory to be illogical. For the readers of this argument, the Big Bang theory is where a single particle was heated up and created %97 of all mater that exist today. I just don't get how that is possible. Where did the particle come from? And what caused it to erupt? If that was the only other thing in the universe, was it surrounded by nothingness? These are question I find hard to answer. If the particle that caused the universe to create itself always existed for an infinite amount of time. That means, it would have never exploded in the first place. It would have taken infinity for it to explode, which means the Big Bang theory never happened. That would mean nothing today would exist.
Second, how can evolution be possible too? I can't find one person that can give me an example of Darwinian evolution. Some people say that Darwin's finches are, because the beaks are different in other places. That is not evolution, that is adaptation. How did fish get lungs? To adapt to something, we have to be exposed to it. Exposing a fish to air will kill it. And evolution can't think. Evolution doesn't think about creating lungs or growing wings. Speaking of wings, where did they come from? An animal didn't just continually fall out of trees for hundreds of years until they grew wings. They also didn't grow nubs while they were on the ground. As I said before, evolution doesn't think. It doesn't think "Maybe one day these useless nubs on my body will let me fly." It just doesn't work that way. And why do we still see monkeys today if they "evolved" into humans? One more interesting thing to consider: The chances that a single called organism was struck by lightning and eventually evolve into complex humans is 1 in 10 to the 4,467,926 power. On a pages document with 12 pt. Helvetia, that takes up 1,749 pages of zeros.

It is time for my opponents opening statements.

1. The Big Bang Theory

Although this theory is unfortunately named with a very misleading title, this is the most widely accepted theory scientists have of how our universe began. Thanks to its inappropriate title, many people have the misconception that the Big Bang was some sort of explosion. We now know that it was not an explosion out of nothing, but rather a literal stretch of space itself that seems to be accelerating today.

Now before I explain this theory, many people have a huge problem with thinking that energy and particles can come from nothing. I struggled with the concept too at first, being unable to imagine how or why something could come from nothing. But new evidence and advances in the field of Quantum Mechanics have indicated that empty space is not actually empty. Space is actually a bubbling froth of quantum energy and particles randomly popping in and out of existence. [1] Quantum Theory has unearthed evidence that certain pairs of particles and anti-particles pop into existence and then annihilate each other almost immediately after, leading to a theory by Stephen Hawking. [2] Hawking theorizes that if these pairs were to pop into existence right on the edge of the event horizon of a black hole, one particle would be sucked into the black hole while the other would float on with no opposite particle to destroy it. This has been named Hawking Radiation. So it's important to understand that not only did particles fluctuate into existence at the beginning of the universe, but it has happened and continues to happen all of the time.

People are commonly baffled and filled with disbelief after hearing such evidence and experiments. So the next question they ask is usually "how is that possible?" or "why does that happen?" Well, modern physics has now discerned that all particles are just excitations from the particle's corresponding field. [3] An electron is actually just an excitation of an electron field, and the Higgs boson is just an excitation of the Higgs field. Fields extend all throughout space and seem to be interwoven with space itself.

Scientists have recently stumbled upon a startling new discovery: if one calculates the total amount of positive energy in the form of matter in the universe, it is positive. If one calculates the total amount of energy in the universe, it is negative because of the fact that gravity is negative energy. When one adds up the total amount of energy and matter in the universe, the sum comes out as zero. If one calculates the total amount of positive and negative charge, the sum adds up to zero. When we add up all of the different and varying spins of galaxies, the math comes out to zero. The universe has zero matter-energy content, zero charge, and zero spin. In other words, it takes no energy at all to create a universe. [4]

The previous well-substantiated theories have led to the majority of physicists to conclude that the universe did in fact come from nothing. Some even say that we are but one universe in a multidimensional ensemble of infinite universes constantly being created and destroyed. [5] Each one with different random dimensions, random laws of physics, and random properties.

So it is very possible based on observable evidence and experiments that the high density particles that were present in the singularity before the Big bang fluctuated into existence. The problem that comes with asking what came before the Big Bang is that our concepts, theories, and calculations of time break down as we get closer to the beginning. It's like how the concept of North breaks down as you get closer to the North pole until there is no location North of where you arrive. Creating a true vacuum without any quantum fluctations (as stated in the video at the top) actually takes an enormous amount of energy to accomplish. And so string theorists speculate that the previous vacuum of nothing was very unstable and created particles with a sum energy of zero, which is completely consistent with what we observe in vacuums today.

What happened after this fluctuation of space and time was an enormous stretch of space itself into incomprehensibly large distances. The culprit of this expansion could very well have been dark energy, a mysterious energy inherent in space that stretches the universe apart and that seems to be accelerating today. [6] Not only is the universe well proven to be expanding, but it also seems to be accelerating thanks to this mysterious dark energy.

The main point I have been trying to drive at is that none of these theories of how our universe works and came into existence need a creator. Some Christians like to argue that the universe is too complex to have fluctuated into existence by itself. And they supposedly solve for this complexity problem by positing an infinitely more complex omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, spaceless, timeless consciousness. But hypothesizing that the universe must have had an infinitely more complex creator does nothing to solve the complexity problem. It instead creates an infinitely worse complexity problem of who created God and how did it come into existence. Atheism and Christianity have something in common: they both contain one part that either fluctuated into existence or was uncreated. Most Christians contend that God is the uncreated, eternal, and moral consciousness that governs our universe while most atheists contend that the universe and all of its particles fluctuated into existence, something we observe in quantum fluctuations all of the time. Not only are their mountains of scientific, peer-reviewed evidence for these theories, but Christianity doesn't seem to have much evidence at all. Christianity has faith, not evidence. And this seems to be confirmed by opponent's complete lack of any proposed evidence for Christianity in his opening statements, but I assume he will provide some next round.

In conclusion, my opponent in his opening statements has displayed a complete lack of understanding of the Big Bang Theory. His objections result from a lack of understanding or maybe even a lack of willingness to read about the theory. In order to understand everything I have just said, it is important for you to read each source and watch the video. These articles and the video should help you understand more about each theory and the evidence behind it.

I hope that I have competently explained and supported not only the Big Bang Theory, but all of the scientific theories I have mentioned so far. I am almost out of characters, so in the following rounds I will continue to provide evidence for abiogenesis, evolution, and materialism in addition to the previously mentioned theories. I also plan to refute my opponent's evidence for Christianity , which he has not stated yet.

[1] Empty space is not empty:
[2] Hawking Radiation:
[3] Particles are excitations of fields:
[4] The universe's sum total of energy is zero:
[5] Multiverse Theory:'s%20mutliverse.html
[6] Dark Energy and the Expansion of Our Universe:

I believe that there is a God that created everything. I believe he still lives with us today. I believe He is the one that makes everything possible.
This is a website I stumbled on It lists 101 Bible verses that give proof of a God that is real. It also talks about some of the things Christians struggle with.

1. The earth free-floats in space (Job 26:7), affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true " "He hangs the earth on nothing."

2. Creation is made of particles, indiscernible to our eyes (Hebrews 11:3). Not until the 19th century was it discovered that all visible matter consists of invisible elements.

3. The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel (Genesis 6:15). Ship builders today are well aware that the ideal dimension for ship stability is a length six times that of the width. Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.

4. When dealing with disease, clothes and body should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13). For centuries people naively washed in standing water. Today we recognize the need to wash away germs with fresh water.

5. Sanitation industry birthed (Deuteronomy 23:12-13). Some 3,500 years ago God commanded His people to have a place outside the camp where they could relieve themselves. They were to each carry a shovel so that they could dig a hole (latrine) and cover their waste. Up until World War I, more soldiers died from disease than war because they did not isolate human waste.

6. Oceans contain springs (Job 38:16). The ocean is very deep. Almost all the ocean floor is in total darkness and the pressure there is enormous. It would have been impossible for Job to have explored the "springs of the sea." Until recently, it was thought that oceans were fed only by rivers and rain. Yet in the 1970s, with the help of deep diving research submarines that were constructed to withstand 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch pressure, oceanographers discovered springs on the ocean floors!

7. There are mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains and deep trenches in the depths of the sea.

8. Joy and gladness understood (Acts 14:17). Evolution cannot explain emotions. Matter and energy do not feel. Scripture explains that God places gladness in our hearts (Psalm 4:7), and ultimate joy is found only in our Creator"s presence " "in Your presence is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).

9. Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11; 14). Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled" and many died as a result (e.g. George Washington). Today we know that healthy blood is necessary to bring life-giving nutrients to every cell in the body. God declared that "the life of the flesh is in the blood" long before science understood its function.

10. The Bible states that God created life according to kinds (Genesis 1:24). The fact that God distinguishes kinds, agrees with what scientists observe " namely that there are horizontal genetic boundaries beyond which life cannot vary. Life produces after its own kind. Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, roses produce roses. Never have we witnessed one kind changing into another kind as evolution supposes. There are truly natural limits to biological change.

11. Noble behavior understood (John 15:13; Romans 5:7-8). The Bible and history reveal that countless people have endangered or even sacrificed their lives for another. This reality is completely at odds with Darwin"s theory of the survival of the fittest.

12. Chicken or egg dilemma solved (Genesis 1:20-22). Which came first, the chicken or the egg? This question has plagued philosophers for centuries. The Bible states that God created birds with the ability to reproduce after their kind. Therefore the chicken was created first with the ability to make eggs! Yet, evolution has no solution for this dilemma.

13. Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together.

14. Our bodies are made from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). Scientists have discovered that the human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements " all of which are found in the earth.

15. The First Law of Thermodynamics established (Genesis 2:1-2). The First Law states that the total quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant. One form of energy or matter may be converted into another, but the total quantity always remains the same. Therefore the creation is finished, exactly as God said way back in Genesis.

16. The first three verses of Genesis accurately express all known aspects of the creation (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: "In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)"Then God said, "Let there be light (energy)." No other creation account agrees with the observable evidence.

17. The universe had a beginning (Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12). Starting with the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s and continuing today, science has confirmed the biblical view that the universe had a beginning. When the Bible was written most people believed the universe was eternal. Science has proven them wrong, but the Bible correct.

18. The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22). At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical.

19. Scripture assumes a revolving (spherical) earth (Luke 17:34-36). Jesus said that at His return some would be asleep at night while others would be working at day time activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night occurring simultaneously.

20. Origin of the rainbow explained (Genesis 9:13-16). Prior to the Flood there was a different environment on the earth (Genesis 2:5-6). After the Flood, God set His rainbow "in the cloud" as a sign that He would never again judge the earth by water. Meteorologists now understand that a rainbow is formed when the sun shines through water droplets " which act as a prism " separating white light into its color spectrum.

21. Light can be divided (Job 38:24). Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that white light is made of seven colors, which can be "parted" and then recombined. Science confirmed this four centuries ago " God declared this four millennia ago!

22. Ocean currents anticipated (Psalm 8:8). Three thousand years ago the Bible described the "paths of the seas." In the 19th century Matthew Maury " the father of oceanography " after reading Psalm 8, researched and discovered ocean currents that follow specific paths through the seas! Utilizing Maury"s data, marine navigators have since reduced by many days the time required to traverse the seas.

23. Sexual promiscuity is dangerous to your health (1 Corinthians 6:18; Romans 1:27). The Bible warns that "he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body," and that those who commit homosexual sin would "receive in themselves" the penalty of their error. Much data now confirms that any sexual relationship outside of holy matrimony is unsafe.

24. Reproduction explained (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:24; Mark 10:6-8). While evolution has no mechanism to explain how male and female reproductive organs evolved at the same time, the Bible says that from the beginning God made them male and female in order to propagate the human race and animal kinds.

Incalculable number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22). At a time when less than 5,000 stars were visible to the human eye, God stated that the stars of heaven were innumerable. Not until the 17th century did Galileo glimpse the immensity of our universe with his new telescope. Today, astronomers estimate that there are ten thousand billion trillion stars " that"s a 1 followed by 25 zeros! Yet, as the Bible states, scientists admit this number may be woefully inadequate.

26. The number of stars, though vast, are finite (Isaiah 40:26). Although man is unable to calculate the exact number of stars, we now know their number is finite. Of course God knew this all along " "He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name" (Psalm 147:4). What an awesome God!

27. The Bible compares the number of stars with the number of grains of sand on the seashore (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 11:12). Amazingly, gross estimates of the number of sand grains are comparable to the estimated number of stars in the universe.

28. Rejecting the Creator results in moral depravity (Romans 1:20-32). The Bible warns that when mankind rejects the overwhelming evidence for a Creator, lawlessness will result. Since the theory of evolution has swept the globe, abortion, pornography, genocide, etc., have all risen sharply.

29. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by most of the scientific world because it was God"s judgment on man"s wickedness.

30. Vast fossil deposits anticipated (Genesis 7). When plants and animals die they decompose rapidly. Yet billions of life forms around the globe have been preserved as fossils. Geologists now know that fossils only form if there is rapid deposition of life buried away from scavengers and bacteria. This agrees exactly with what the Bible says occurred during the global Flood.

31. The continents were created as one large land mass (Genesis 1:9-10). Many geologists agree there is strong evidence that the earth was originally one super continent " just as the Bible said way back in Genesis.

32. Continental drift inferred (Genesis 7:11). Today the study of the ocean floor indicates that the landmasses have been ripped apart. Scripture states that during the global Flood the "fountains of the great deep were broken up." This cataclysmic event apparently resulted in the continental plates breaking and shifting.

33. Ice Age inferred (Job 38:29-30). Prior to the global Flood the earth was apparently subtropical. However shortly after the Flood, the Bible mentions ice often " "By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen" (Job 37:10). Evidently the Ice Age occurred in the centuries following the Flood.

34. Life begins at fertilization (Jeremiah 1:5). God declares that He knew us before we were born. The biblical penalty for murdering an unborn child was death (Exodus 21:22-23). Today, it is an irrefutable biological fact that the fertilized egg is truly an entire human being. Nothing will be added to the first cell except nutrition and oxygen.

35. God fashions and knits us together in the womb (Job 10:8-12; 31:15). Science was ignorant concerning embryonic development until recently. Yet many centuries ago, the Bible accurately described God making us an "intricate unity" in the womb.

36. DNA anticipated (Psalm 139:13-16). During the 1950s, Watson and Crick discovered the genetic blueprint for life. Three thousand years ago the Bible seems to reference this written digital code in Psalm 139 " "Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect [unformed]; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

37. God has created all mankind from one blood (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Today researchers have discovered that we have all descended from one gene pool. For example, a 1995 study of a section of Y chromosomes from 38 men from different ethnic groups around the world was consistent with the biblical teaching that we all come from one man (Adam)

38. Origin of the major language groups explained (Genesis 11). After the rebellion at Babel, God scattered the people by confounding the one language into many languages. Evolution teaches that we all evolved from a common ancestor, yet offers no mechanism to explain the origin of the thousands of diverse languages in existence today.

39. Origin of the different "races" explained (Genesis 11). As Noah"s descendants migrated around the world after Babel, each language group developed distinct features based on environment and genetic variation. Those with a genetic makeup suitable to their new environment survived to reproduce. Over time, certain traits (such as dark skin color for those closer to the equator) dominated. Genesis alone offers a reasonable answer to the origin of the races and languages.

40. God has given us the leaves of the trees as medicine (Ezekiel 47:12; Revelation 22:2). Ancient cultures utilized many herbal remedies. Today, modern medicine has rediscovered what the Bible has said all along " there are healing compounds found in plants.

41. Healthy dietary laws (Leviticus 11:9-12). Scripture states that we should avoid those sea creatures which do not have fins or scales. We now know that bottom-feeders (those with no scales or fins) tend to consume waste and are likely to carry disease.

42. The Bible warns against eating birds of prey (Leviticus 11:13-19). Scientists now recognize that those birds which eat carrion (putrefying flesh), often spread disease.
43. Avoid swine (Deuteronomy 14:8). Not so long ago, science learned that eating undercooked pork causes an infection of parasites called trichinosis. Now consider this: the Bible forbid the eating of swine more than 3,000 years before we learned how to cook pork safely.

44. Radical environmentalism foreseen (Romans 1:25). Two thousand years ago, God"s Word stated that many would worship and serve creation rather than the Creator. Today, nature is revered as "Mother" and naturalism is enshrined.

45. Black holes and dark matter anticipated (Matthew 25:30; Jude 1:13; Isaiah 50:3). Cosmologists now speculate that over 98% of the known universe is comprised of dark matter, with dark energy and black holes. A black hole"s gravitational field is so strong that nothing, not even light, escapes. Beyond the expanding universe there is no measured radiation and therefore only outer darkness exists. These theories paint a seemingly accurate description of what the Bible calls "outer darkness" or "the blackness of darkness forever."

46. The Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy) explained (Psalm 102:25-26). This law states that everything in the universe is running down, deteriorating, constantly becoming less and less orderly. Entropy (disorder) entered when mankind rebelled against God " resulting in the curse (Genesis 3:17; Romans 8:20-22). Historically most people believed the universe was unchangeable. Yet modern science verifies that the universe is "grow(ing) old like a garment" (Hebrews 1:11). Evolution directly contradicts this law.

47. Cain"s wife discovered (Genesis 5:4). Skeptics point out that Cain had no one to marry " therefore the Bible must be false. However, the Bible states plainly that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Cain married his sister.

48. Incest laws established (Leviticus 18:6). To marry near of kin in the ancient world was common. Yet, beginning about 1500 B.C., God forbid this practice. The reason is simple " the genetic mutations (resulting from the curse) had a cumulative effect. Though Cain could safely marry his sister because the genetic pool was still relatively pure at that time, by Moses" day the genetic errors had swelled. Today, geneticists confirm that the risk of passing on a genetic abnormality to your child is much greater if you marry a close relative because relatives are more likely to carry the same defective gene. If they procreate, their offspring are more apt to have this defect expressed.

49. Genetic mixing of different seeds forbidden (Leviticus 19:19; Deuteronomy 22:9). The Bible warns against mixing seeds " as this will result in an inferior or dangerous crop. There is now growing evidence that unnatural, genetically engineered crops may be harmful.

50. Hydrological cycle described (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Jeremiah 10:13; Amos 9:6). Four thousand years ago the Bible declared that God "draws up drops of water, which distill as rain from the mist, which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man" (Job 36:27-28). The ancients observed mighty rivers flowing into the ocean, but they could not conceive why the sea level never rose. Though they observed rainfall, they had only quaint theories as to its origin. Meteorologists now understand that the hydrological cycle consists of evaporation, atmospheric transportation, distillation, and precipitation.

51. The sun goes in a circuit (Psalm 19:6). Some scientists scoffed at this verse thinking that it taught geocentricity " the theory that the sun revolves around the earth. They insisted the sun was stationary. However, we now know that the sun is traveling through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour. It is literally moving through space in a huge circuit " just as the Bible stated 3,000 years ago!

52. Circumcision on the eighth day is ideal (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:59). Medical science has discovered that the blood clotting chemical prothrombin peaks in a newborn on the eighth day. This is therefore the safest day to circumcise a baby. How did Moses know?!

53. God has given us just the right amount of water to sustain life (Isaiah 40:12). We now recognize that if there was significantly more or less water, the earth would not support life as we know it.

The earth was designed for biological life (Isaiah 45:18). Scientists have discovered that the most fundamental characteristics of our earth and cosmos are so finely tuned that if just one of them were even slightly different, life as we know it couldn't exist. This is called the Anthropic Principle and it agrees with the Bible which states that God formed the earth to be inhabited.

The universe is expanding (Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1). Repeatedly God declares that He stretches out the heavens. During the early 20th century, most scientists (including Einstein) believed the universe was static. Others believed it should have collapsed due to gravity. Then in 1929, astronomer Edwin Hubble showed that distant galaxies were receding from the earth, and the further away they were, the faster they were moving. This discovery revolutionized the field of astronomy. Eisntein admitted his mistake, and today most astronomers agree with what the Creator told us millennia ago " the universe is expanding!

Law of Biogenesis explained (Genesis 1). Scientists observe that life only comes from existing life. This law has never been violated under observation or experimentation (as evolution imagines). Therefore life, God"s life, created all life.

Animal and plant extinction explained (Jeremiah 12:4; Hosea 4:3). According to evolution, occasionally we should witness a new kind springing into existence. Yet, this has never been observed. On the contrary, as Scripture explains, since the curse on all creation, we observe death and extinction (Romans 8:20-22).

58. Light travels in a path (Job 38:19). Light is said to have a "way" [Hebrew: derek, literally a traveled path or road]. Until the 17th century it was believed that light was transmitted instantaneously. We now know that light is a form of energy that travels at ~186,000 miles per second in a straight line. Indeed, there is a "way" of light.

Air has weight (Job 28:25). It was once thought that air was weightless. Yet 4,000 years ago Job declared that God established "a weight for the wind." In recent years, meteorologists have calculated that the average thunderstorm holds thousands of tons of rain. To carry this load, air must have mass.

Jet stream anticipated (Ecclesiastes 1:6). At a time when it was thought that winds blew straight, the Bible declares "The wind goes toward the south, and turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, and comes again on its circuit." King Solomon wrote this 3,000 years ago. Now consider this: it was not until World War II that airmen discovered the jet stream circuit.

Medical quarantine instituted (Leviticus 13:45-46; Numbers 5:1-4). Long before man understood the principles of quarantine, God commanded the Israelites to isolate those with a contagious disease until cured.

Each star is unique (1 Corinthians 15:41). Centuries before the advent of the telescope, the Bible declared what only God and the angels knew " each star varies in size and intensity!

The Bible says that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech (Job 38:35). We now know that radio waves and light waves are two forms of the same thing " electromagnetic waves. Therefore, radio waves are a form of light. Today, using radio transmitters, we can send "lightnings" which indeed speak when they arrive.

Laughter promotes physical healing (Proverbs 17:22). Recent studies confirm what King Solomon was inspired to write 3,000 years ago, "A merry heart does good, like medicine." For instance, laughter reduces levels of certain stress hormones. This brings balance to the immune system, which helps your body fight off disease.

Intense sorrow or stress is harmful to your health (Proverbs 18:14; Mark 14:34). Researchers have studied individuals with no prior medical problems who showed symptoms of stress cardiomyopathy including chest pain, difficulty breathing, low blood pressure, and even heart failure " following a stressful incident.

Microorganisms anticipated (Exodus 22:31). The Bible warns "Whatever dies naturally or is torn by beasts he shall not eat, to defile himself with it: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 22:8). Today we understand that a decaying carcass is full of disease causing germs.

The Bible cautions against consuming fat (Leviticus 7:23). Only in recent decades has the medical community determined that fat clogs arteries and contributes to heart disease.

68. Do not consume blood (Leviticus 17:12). A common ritual in many religions in the ancient world was to drink blood. However, the Creator repeatedly told His people to abstain from blood (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 3:17; Acts 15:20; 21:25). Of course, modern science reveals that consuming raw blood is dangerous.

69. The Bible describes dinosaurs (Job 40:15-24). In 1842, Sir Richard Owen coined the word dinosaur, meaning "terrible lizard," after discovering large reptilian-like fossils. However in the Book of Job, written 4,000 years earlier, God describes the behemoth as: the largest of all land creatures, plant eating (herbivore), with great strength in its hips and legs, powerful stomach muscles, a tail like a cedar tree, and bones like bars of iron. This is an accurate description of sauropods " the largest known dinosaur family.

Pleasure explained (Psalm 36:8). Evolution cannot explain pleasure " even the most complex chemicals do not experience bliss. However, the Bible states that God "gives us richly all things to enjoy" (1 Timothy 6:17). Pleasure is a gift from God.

Life is more than matter and energy (Genesis 2:7; Job 12:7-10). We know that if a creature is denied air it dies. Even though its body may be perfectly intact, and air and energy are reintroduced to spark life, the body remains dead. Scripture agrees with the observable evidence when it states that only God can give the breath of life. Life cannot be explained by raw materials, time, and chance alone " as evolutionists would lead us to believe.

Origin of music explained (Psalm 40:3). Evolution cannot explain the origin of music. The Bible says that every good gift comes from God (James 1:17). This includes joyful melodies. God has given both man and angels the gift of music-making (Genesis 4:21; Ezekiel 28:13). Singing is intended to express rejoicing in and worship of the Lord (Job 38:7; Psalm 95:1-2).

Our ancestors were not primitive (Genesis 4:20-22; Job 8:8-10; 12:12). Archeologists have discovered that our ancestors mined, had metallurgical factories, created air-conditioned buildings, designed musical instruments, studied the stars, and much more. This evidence directly contradicts the theory of evolution, but agrees completely with God"s Word.

Cavemen described in the Bible (Job 30:1-8). Four thousand years ago, Job describes certain "vile men" who were driven from society to forage "among the bushes" for survival and who "live in the clefts of the valleys, (and) in caves of the earth and the rocks." Therefore "cavemen" were simply outcasts and vagabounds " not our primitive ancestors as evolutionists speculate.

Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Though evolution imagines that things should be getting better, the Bible foresaw what is really occurring today: pollution, destruction and corrupt dominion.

76. The seed of a plant contains its life (Genesis 1:11; 29). As stated in the Book of Genesis, we now recognize that inside the humble seed is life itself. Within the seed is a tiny factory of amazing complexity. No scientist can build a synthetic seed and no seed is simple!

A seed must die to produce new life (1 Corinthians 15:36-38). Jesus said, "unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain." (John 12:24). In this verse is remarkable confirmation of two of the fundamental concepts in biology: 1) Cells arise only from existing cells. 2) A grain must die to produce more grain. The fallen seed is surrounded by supporting cells from the old body. These supporting cells "give their lives" to provide nourishment to the inner kernel. Once planted, this inner kernel germinates resulting in much grain.

The order of creation agrees with true science (Genesis 1). Plants require sunlight, water, and minerals in order to survive. In the first chapter of Genesis we read that God created light first (v.3), then water (v. 6), then soil (v. 9), and then He created plant life (v. 11).

God created "lights" in the heavens "for signs and seasons, and for days and years" (Genesis 1:14-16). We now know that a year is the time required for the earth to travel once around the sun. The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun. The moon"s phases follow one another in clock-like precision " constituting the lunar calendar Evolution teaches that the cosmos evolved by random chance, yet the Bible agrees with the observable evidence.

The Bible speaks of "heaven and the highest heavens" (Deuteronomy 10:14). Long before the Hubble Space Telescope, Scripture spoke of the "heaven of heavens" and the "third heaven" (1 Kings 8:27; 2 Corinthians 12:2). We now know that the heavens consist of our immediate atmosphere and the vast reaches of outer space " as well as God"s wonderful abode.

Olive oil and wine useful on wounds (Luke 10:34). Jesus told of a Samaritan man, who when he came upon a wounded traveler, he bandaged him " pouring upon his wounds olive oil and wine. Today we know that wine contains ethyl alcohol and traces of methyl alcohol. Both are good disinfectants. Olive oil is also a good disinfectant, as well as a skin moisturizer, protector, and soothing lotion. This is common knowledge to us today. However, did you know that during the Middle Ages and right up till the early 20th century, millions died because they did not know to treat and protect open wounds?

82. Man is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). We are only beginning to probe the complexity of the DNA molecule, the eye, the brain, and all the intricate components of life. No human invention compares to the marvelous wonders of God"s creation.

Beauty understood (Genesis 1:31; 2:9; Job 40:10; Ecclesiastes 3:11; Matthew 6:28-30). Beauty surrounds us: radiant sunsets, majestic mountains, brightly colored flowers, glowing gems, soothing foliage, brilliantly adorned birds, etc. Beauty is a mystery to the evolutionist. However, Scripture reveals that God creates beautiful things for our benefit and His glory.

Strong and weak nuclear force explained (Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3). Physicists do not understand what binds the atom"s nucleus together. Yet, the Bible states that "all things consist" " or are held together by the Creator " Jesus Christ.

Atomic fission anticipated (2 Peter 3:10-12). Scripture states that "the elements will melt with fervent heat" when the earth and the heavens are "dissolved" by fire. Today we understand that if the elements of the atom are loosed, there would be an enormous release of heat and energy (radiation).

The Pleiades and Orion star clusters described (Job 38:31). The Pleiades star cluster is gravitationally bound, while the Orion star cluster is loose and disintegrating because the gravity of the cluster is not enough to bind the group together. 4,000 years ago God asked Job, "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?" Yet, it is only recently that we realized that the Pleiades is gravitationally bound, but Orion's stars are flying apart.

Safe drinking water (Leviticus 11:33-36). God forbade drinking from vessels or stagnant water that had been contaminated by coming into contact with a dead animal. It is only in the last 100 years that medical science has learned that contaminated water can cause typhoid and cholera.

88. Pest control (Leviticus 25:1-24). Farmers are plagued today with insects. Yet God gave a sure-fire remedy to control pests centuries ago. Moses commanded Israel to set aside one year in seven when no crops were raised. Insects winter in the stalks of last year"s harvest, hatch in the spring, and are perpetuated by laying eggs in the new crop. If the crop is denied one year in seven, the pests have nothing to subsist upon, and are thereby controlled.

Soil conservation (Leviticus 23:22). Not only was the land to lay fallow every seventh year, but God also instructed farmers to leave the gleanings when reaping their fields, and not to reap the corners (sides) of their fields. This served several purposes: 1) Vital soil minerals would be maintained. 2) The hedge row would limit wind erosion. 3) The poor could eat the gleanings. Today, approximately four billion metric tons of soil are lost from U.S. crop lands each year. Much of this soil depletion could be avoided if God"s commands were followed.

Animal instincts understood (Job 39; Proverbs 30:24-28; Jeremiah 8:7). A newly hatched spider weaves an intricate web without being taught. A recently emerged butterfly somehow knows to navigate a 2,500-mile migration route without a guide. God explains that He has endowed each creature with specific knowledge. Scripture, not evolution, explains animal instincts.

Animals do not have a conscience (Psalm 32:9). A parrot can be taught to swear and blaspheme, yet never feel conviction. Many animals steal, but they do not experience guilt. If man evolved from animals, where did our conscience come from? The Bible explains that man alone was created as a moral being in God"s image.

Pseudo-science anticipated (1 Timothy 6:20). The theory of evolution contradicts the observable evidence. The Bible warned us in advance that there would be those who would profess: "profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge (science)." True science agrees with the Creator"s Word.

Science confirms the Bible (Colossians 2:3). These insights place the Bible far above every manmade theory and all other so-called inspired books. In contrast, the Koran states that the sun sets in a muddy pond (Surah 18:86). The Hadith contains many myths. The Book of Mormon declares that Native Americans descended from Jews " which has been disproven by DNA research. The Eastern writings also contradict true science.

Human conscience understood (Romans 2:14-15). The Bible reveals that God has impressed His moral law onto every human heart. Con means with and science means knowledge. We know it is wrong to murder, lie, steal, etc. Only the Bible explains that each human has a God-given knowledge of right and wrong.

95. Love explained (Matthew 22:37-40; 1 John 4:7-12). Evolution cannot explain love. Yet, God"s Word reveals that the very purpose of our existence is to know and love God and our fellow man. God is love, and we were created in His image to reflect His love.

The real you is spirit (Numbers 16:22; Zechariah 12:1). Personality is non-physical. For example, after a heart transplant the recipient does not receive the donor"s character. An amputee is not half the person he was before loosing his limbs. Our eternal nature is spirit, heart, soul, mind. The Bible tells us that "man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

The cause of suffering revealed (Genesis 3; Isaiah 24:5-6). The earth is subject to misery, which appears at odds with our wonderfully designed universe. However, the Bible, not evolution, explains the origin of suffering. When mankind rebelled against God, the curse resulted " introducing affliction, pain and death into the world.

Death explained (Romans 6:23). All eventually die. The Bible alone explains why we die " "The soul who sins shall die" (Ezekiel 18:20). Sin is transgression of God"s Law. To see if you will die, please review God"s Ten Commandments (Exodus 20). Have you ever lied? (White lies and fibs count.) Ever stolen? (Cheating on a test or taxes is stealing.) Jesus said that "whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:28). Have you ever looked with lust? Then you"re an adulterer at heart. Have you ever hated someone or called someone a fool? If so, the Bible says you are guilty of murder (Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15). Have you ever used your Creator"s name (Lord, God, Jesus, or Christ) in vain? This is called blasphemy " and God hates it. If you have broken these commandments at any time, then by your own admission, you are a blasphemer, a murderer, an adulterer, a thief, and a liar at heart. And we have only looked at five of the Ten Commandments. This is why we die.

Justice understood (Acts 17:30-31). Our God-given conscience reveals that all sin will be judged. Down deep we know that He who created the eyes sees every secret sin (Romans 2:16). He who formed our mind remembers our past offense as if it just occurred. God has declared that the penalty for sin is death. Physical death comes first, then the second death " which is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). God cannot lie. Every sin will be judged. His justice demands it. But God is also rich in mercy to all who call upon His name. He has made a way for justice to be served and mercy to be shown.

Eternal life revealed (John 3:16). Scientists search in vain for the cure for aging and death. Yet, the good news is that God, who is the source of all life, has made a way to freely forgive us so that we may live forever with Him in heaven. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). God desires a loving, eternal relationship with each person " free from sin, fear, and pain. Therefore, He sent His Son to die as our substitute on the cross. "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23). Jesus never sinned, therefore He alone qualified to pay the penalty for our sins on the cross. He died in our place. He then rose from the grave defeating death. All who turn from their sins and trust Him will be saved. To repent and place your trust in Jesus Christ, make Psalm 51 your prayer. Then read your Bible daily, obeying what you read. God will never let you down.

The solution to suffering (Revelation 21). Neither evolution nor religion offers a solution to suffering. But God offers heaven as a gift to all who trust in His Son. In heaven, "God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away" (Revelation 21:4).

The Bible is inspired by the Creator. Therefore it is no surprise that life"s ultimate questions are answered within its pages. The Bible reveals the purpose of our existence. Scripture alone explains where our conscience came from. And no other source explains the root cause of death. Seeing that all die, wouldn"t it be wise to search for the remedy in the only book that proves it was inspired by God? The Bible offers the only remedy for sin, suffering, and death. God"s Word presents the only perfect, sinless Savior " one who died for our sins and rose from the dead. Jesus is the Creator (John 1; Colossians 1). He said "I and My Father are one" (John 10:30). He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). And He promises His followers: "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish" (John 10:28). Your eternal destiny will be determined by your choice. There is only one provision for sin. Jesus died in your place. Only by faith in Christ"s finished work will you be saved. This is God"s free gift offered to all. Please do not let pride, religion, opinions, or love for sin separate you from God. No sin is worth an eternity in hell. Please heed Jesus" words " "Repent, and believe in the gospel" (Mark 1:15). If you do, you will live in heaven with our awesome Creator forever!

I'm fairly certain that my opponent's previous round was a blatant rule violation. This debate is constrained to 8,000 characters yet he entered a 37,000 character argument. The voters should judge my opponent accordingly. And I'd also like to remind the voters that there is no possible way I can refute those 101 paragraphs from the website within 8,000 characters.

But I will say one thing about it. Most of the verses referred to in those 101 paragraphs in no way even imply the scientific knowledge the author thought that they did. Those verses were obviously vague statements that could be interpreted to mean a whole range of things. It's similar to astrology or psychic readings, the statements are so vague and generalized that people could pull whatever they want out of it.

On the other hand, some of the other verses that actually do imply the knowledge the author thinks it does (the verses about washing in running water or being made in your mother's womb) are actually true, but weren't substantial scientific knowledge at all and were already known across many cultures. The Bible has the same flaws and contradictions within its dogma that many other religions share.

In addition to this, there are several scientific absurdities that appear throughout the Bible. You can see them all on this website:

The same website also has a list of all of the contradictions in the Bible:

The Bible is an amalgamation of various Hebrew mythological texts constructed and voted upon by the Catholic Church in the 4th century. [1] It seems as though emperor Constantine was the main editor of the first draft of the Bible. The priests at the time had to come to a consensus upon which books were Holy and which ones to were to be excluded from the Bible since Constantine wanted to make Christianity the official religion. As a result, the books that were deemed Holy were all variously contradictory Hebrew texts and accounts that were inconsistent with one another.

Since my opponent made no attempt to rebut my arguments and evidence given the previous round, it is assumed that those still stand.

[1] How the Bible was created and revised:

I believe that what the bible says is true, but I do take into consideration that humans make mistakes. I don't believe that what they wrote about is 100% true. My opponent may say, "How can you say that the Bible has problems? You say that the bible is accurate." I believe what the bible teaches, but that doesn't mean that it was perfect. In the Bible, Nebuchadnezzar is spelled two different ways when telling the story of Daniel and the Lions den. I believe that, despite these mistakes, that there was a man named Nebuchadnezzar and a man named Daniel. All of these contradiction were mistakes make by humans, not by God. I believe that the events that took place in the bible happened, even though humans messed up the story along the way. In a history book, it might say that in a war, 5,000 people were killed. What if that number was actually 5,001? Would that make it Incorrect? Of course not. Simply because it has mistakes doesn't mean it is not accurate. What the bible teaches is true, even if the wording is not. We also have to take into consideration that the men that helped write this book might have used metaphors.

"I believe that what the bible says is true, but I do take into consideration that humans make mistakes. I don't believe that what they wrote about is 100% true."

If the God talked about in the Bible were actually the true omnipotent and omniscient God, then he could have made it so none of those mistakes were ever present in the Bible to lead people astray or make them question. If there ever were a book that revealed the true word of God, then it is safe to say that the book would be perfect with no contradictions and no mistakes whatsoever. Humans make mistakes. Gods (supposedly) do not.

"In a history book, it might say that in a war, 5,000 people were killed. What if that number was actually 5,001? Would that make it Incorrect? Of course not."

Actually, it would. Saying that the total number of casualties in a war is 5,000 when it is actually 5,001 is by definition inaccurate. But we know that history books are not written by nor dictated by omniscient people and that the numbers are just estimates based off of evidence. History books have an excuse for their errors, but the bible on the other hand has no excuse since it is supposedly the word of God. The word of God would not contain any errors, contradictions, or mistakes whatsoever. To err is to be human. So if God were truly trying to reveal his word using a book, he could and would create a perfect book without any contradictions whatsoever. To think that an omniscient and omnipotent God couldn't avoid humans corrupting his own word is ridiculous.

I encourage everyone to look again at this website that documents many contradictions within the Bible:

There's actually two contradictory stories of creation in the Bible; Genesis 1:25-27 stating humans were created after all of the animals and Genesis 2:18-19 stating that humans were actually made before all of the animals. Such a contradictory book should never have been considered valid at all.

And furthermore, many of the books in the Bible nobody even knows the author to. There have been some attempts to link some of the books with Moses or Abraham, but there is virtually no evidence and many attempts are inconclusive.

And this brings me to my first point:
1. Christianity borrowed it's mythology from various pagan religions.

Much of Christianity's traditions, myths, and characters are all borrowed from religions that were present before Christianity. The story of Jesus Christ bears an uncanny resemblence to the Egyptian God, Horus, a mythological deity that had existed thousands of years before Jesus Christ was supposedly born. [1]

“A lot of the stories in the Old Testament are in fact plagiarized material, particularly from the rich mythical heritage of the Sumerians – the inventors of writing. The story of Noah and the flood story, the creation of man out of clay, Cain and Abel, the gardens of Eden, the tree of knoweledge, creation of Eve from Adam's rib, and numerous other myths, like the throwing of Moses after he was born in the river, are all but stories found recorded on Sumerian clay tablets dating 5000 years back in time” [2]

Much of the Bible's myths have been copied and plagiarized from Egyptian and Sumerian mythology that can be dated back to thousands of years before many of the myths in the Bible even took place. If people would just research history with an open and objective mind, they would realize that not only is Christianity fiction, it's not even original fiction.

2. The Presence of Innocent Suffering Disproves a Benevolent God.

6.3 million children and infants under the age of five die every year. [3] To put this in perspective, that is the equivalent of the Jewish Holocaust occuring every year, only targeting children under the age of five. 45% of these deaths are the result of malnutrition, and a large majority of them occur in Sub-Saharan Africa.

These children and infants often don't have any mental faculties whatsoever to process any lesson they could derive their suffering and dying. The millions of infants afflicted definitely don't have the mental faculties present to even comprehend sin or an omnipotent God. Babies, infants and children are often characterized as completely innocent because they have no idea what right or wrong is, and they are completely innocent. So what purpose could their deaths possibly serve?

The answer is none. Their deaths serve no purpose whatsoever and are only horrible tragedies that cultivate nothing but loss and sorrow. We should all try our hardest to prevent these deaths as much as possible, and anyone who has the power to prevent the death of an innocent baby with little or no cost to themselves is obviously not a benevolent person. That person would be completely vilified and lauded as the man who refused to save a baby.

So if God exists, why would he ever let these innocent babies suffer and die so horribly? He is supposedly omnipotent and omniscient, so he would have the complete knoweledge and power to stop this pointless suffering. If there is any God that exists and has the power to stop these babies' pointless suffering and deaths, but chooses not to, then that God is not benevolent. As long as there are innocent babies suffering pointless and excruciating pain, there is no benevolent God.

The reason why the world seems so random, arbitrary, chaotic, and cruel is because there is no supreme moral force in the world. All that exists are these life forms and their interactions with one another. It is up to us as humans to prevent the suffering and deaths of innocent children; it is obvious that there is no benevolent God who will.

[1] Jesus and Horus:
[2] Plagiarized myths:
[3] 6.3 million under the age of five die every year:

BobCampus forfeited this round.

Well, it seems as though my opponent has forfeited the debate unfortunately. I was looking forward to his refutations of my evidence against Christianity.

Since he also didn't refute my evidence for cosmic inflation and the big bang theory, those still stand as well. If anyone would like to study evolution or understand it better, then I recommend you to visit the following site:

It provides explanations and evidence for the theory of evolution. I hope this has been informative for the readers, and I hope you all understand the evidence for atheism and evidence against Christianity.
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
Sorry to only tie it up
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
Did anyone but me notice that verse means "word".Universe means one word. Multiverse means many words.God SAID," Light be, light became."
Posted by BobCampus 2 years ago
Feel free to search up any of these verses.
Posted by BobCampus 2 years ago
Oops, I broke the system. There are 37,000 characters on my argument. Sorry!
Posted by MailboxVegetable 2 years ago
For some reason, the link explaining the Multiverse Theory did not work, so here it is again in the hopes that it will work:'s%20mutliverse.html
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
Why not keep this to 1000 characters. I can sum it up in less than that. Believing in God takes faith. He demands that ,believing without any evidence but his word.Thomas believed because he saw Jesus with his own eyes and felt his wounds with his hands and Jesus called him faithless. No faith at all.Jesus even appeared to 500 after he was raised from the dead. only 120 showed up. Many are called, but few are chosen.

Then the atheist. Having never peeked past his own death and seen with his own eyes God is not there has to take by faith he is not a reality.The only evidence ha has is some dead animal bones. Which only proves they existed. Not when or how.And some minute changes in already living organisims.Don't have a clue how they started living. Only assumptions. Based on the preconceived notion there is no God.So nature had to start all this on its own.

That just about sums up the debate. Everything else will be just seeing who can make more noise.
Posted by Levibe 2 years ago
I thoroughly enjoy this topic and can't wait, these arguments had better be thrilling. Definitely in favour of the con
Posted by Profpop 2 years ago
I'll oppose this motion if the current opponent has dropped out
Vote Placed by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This was an interesting debate. I give sources and conduct to Con because Pro's forfeiture and R3. The 101 paragraphs were most likely copy/pasted from the website, which is a form of plagiarizing, BUT I like how Pro put it in the debate because it proved the whole resolution for it. Con focused primarily on the Big Bang, but that is a bad way to give arguments for atheism because it is not the only way, in my opinion. Overall, Pro did a better job tying science/historical evidence into Christianity, but I like Con's attempts of rebutting most of Pro's rounds. Con's gibberish about the characters, however, were a bit misleading and annoying during his arguments!