brainFreeze
CTQ

Criteria to vote should not exist in debates.org

brainFreeze

Con

1st Round will only be acceptance.

I am going to say that "Why these criteria should not exist in order to vote" in debates.org
and that they should remove these criteria

Their criterias in order to votes are:
CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY
START 3 DEBATES
CTQ

Pro

I accept. One thing to clarify first is that the criteria are to confirm your identity and COMPLETE three debates, not start three.
brainFreeze

Con

First of all. Thank you Pro for accepting my debate. My reason for this debate is to understand why is it necessary to keep conditions for voting. This is not actually a debate.

However,
My understanding is as follow:
1) They should remove these conditions because it may affect the privacy right of ever DDO member by asking about their identity. You know not everyone would be comfortable in giving their mobile number to a site. Which makes it very very hard to 1) trust that site and easy to 2) give up the idea of voting and inorder to win a debate we need people who can vote because when you debate we need GENERALIZED opinions and voting, not just who are allowed to. This is kind of making newbies seem backward as well.

2) The need for completing 3 debates does not make sense if you want to vote on any other debate.
It's just like saying that! "Hey I know you want ice-cream, but I will feed you pasta instead!". Makes no sense.
This is why either they have to impose other REASONABLE criteria or have no criteria at all.

THATS ALL FOLKS!
CTQ

Pro

CTQ forfeited this round.
brainFreeze

Con

What a waste of a round!
CTQ

Pro

CTQ forfeited this round.
Posted by brainFreeze 9 months ago
brainFreeze
No problem lol
Posted by CTQ 9 months ago
CTQ
Terribly sorry, I was very busy this weekend with Mother's Day and other things.
Posted by brainFreeze 9 months ago
brainFreeze
Yea...

If pro does that.
So can con right.
Which will end up in a neutral result.

So basically it is equalized. It doesn't matter. The only vote that will matter would be the ones reading those debates.

Besides, how many fake accounts would you create anyways just to win 1 debate bro?
Posted by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
They make you complete three debates in order to discourage people from creating multiple accounts fir the purpose of voting for yourself.
Posted by brainFreeze 9 months ago
brainFreeze
Thanks for the clarification Pro