Legendary_Houp
SpaceMp

Crumple or Fold

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 4/28/2015 Category: Funny

Legendary_Houp

Pro

Anyone who has ever wiped their butt knows what I mean when I say Crumple or Fold.

It's simple:
Crumple: "Ripping off toilet paper and just sticking it up there and wiping, often using obscene amounts of paper and just going for it."
Fold: "Neatly tearing off a few pieces of toilet paper, folding it up really nice and proper, and delicately wiping."

The Burden of Proof will be shared. I am Pro, in favor of the crumple, and Con will be in favor of folding.

You must show the benefits of folding and why it is better than crumpling to win.

I hope this debate isn't too "crappy". ;)
SpaceMp

Con

This is the dumbest debate every why anyone who also thinks this vote con (also folding saves space and tree by using less)
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Well, if you believe it is ridiculous, then you probably shouldn't have accepted. Nevertheless, if you are willing to keep going, this can still be a good debate.

Ok, fair enough, I will concede that it saves paper and trees.

But at what cost?

1: Folding wastes precious time.
While you're sitting there having a nice little toilet-paper-tea-party, I'm already done because I just grabbed it and went. Ain't no shame in that.

2: Crumpling provides a better cushion for your fingers.
The extra paper used in crumpling creates a bigger barrier between your fingers and the hazardous waste zone, making the whole process more comfortable, and reducing the risk of what I call "finger poisoning" if you know what I mean. A lot of people would say you could just fold extra toilet paper and get the same results, but that would first of all negate the argument about saving paper, and second of all, even so, the extra air space in between the crumples that you get from crumpling provides even more of a cushion and sort of acts as a stabilizer.

Those are my arguments so far as to the benefits of crumple over fold. I pose the question, are there even any benefits at all to folding? I really see no point. Many people that I know who fold say they do it because it is "more enjoyable." Honestly, that's just weird. The enjoyable part of pooping should be getting the stuff out of you. If you find enjoyment from cleaning up afterwards, you are just sick.

I patiently await Con's response.
SpaceMp

Con

SpaceMp forfeited this round.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Well, my opponent has forfeited and therefore, has not met his BoP that fold is better than crumple, and has not rebutted any of my arguments. Therefore, vote Pro.
SpaceMp

Con

SpaceMp forfeited this round.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Yo yo yo
You gotta vote vote pro!
SpaceMp

Con

SpaceMp forfeited this round.
SpaceMp

Con

SpaceMp forfeited this round.
Posted by SB1359 2 years ago
SB1359
Crumple! I can see a few benefits of folding, but CRUMPLE!!! Its faster and easier!!
Posted by Legendary_Houp 2 years ago
Legendary_Houp
Exactly bro! Jeez I always thought that crumple was the obvious way to go, I had no idea that people even had the notion of folding until last year! But then I found out that apparently, we wise ones are sadly, rare, as 75% of people that I talked to have said that they fold. The absurdity! Haha there are few wise ones out there like you and I bro.
Posted by fghammer 2 years ago
fghammer
Crumple.
Posted by fghammer 2 years ago
fghammer
It is obviously fold, god dammit. Scenario: You're late for work and you have to go really bad. You don't have time to fold!