SegBeg
Masterful

Crystal Amaquelin vs Storm (Ororo Munroe)?

Masterful has forfeited round #3.

SegBeg

Con

First debate I've done in nearly a year!
First round is acceptance. This debate is a superhero debate about which hero would win. I've chosen Crystal- an Inhuman who can control the four elements: earth, air, fire and water and Storm/Ororo Munroe- a mutant who can control the weather. I will be arguing that Storm would win a fight between the two heroes. My opponent will be arguing that Crystal would win. This is just a regular conversation so no sources or anything are needed (though you may refer to comics if you wish)- just your personal opinion and the voters will decide who they agree with.

Word limit is 1000 characters

Hope someone accepts the offer!
Masterful

Pro

I believe that Crystal would win in a fight. I will begin by giving an insight into her vaster diversity of powers.

Elementalist: Crystal possesses the ability to mentally manipulate the four classical elements: fire, water, earth, and air.

Aerokinesis (Air)

Geokinesis (Earth)

Ferrokinesis (Metals, like magneto)

Hydrokinesis (Water)

Cryokinesis (Controls the state of water to form ice)

Pyrokinesis (Fire)

Atomic Manipulation: (Can manipulate the individual atoms of the elements that she controls to various effects)

Electrogenesis: (The ability to give elements an electrical charge)

Electrokinesis: (Once the elements are charged, she keeps control over them, allowing her to control the flow of the current.)

Hydrogenesis: (Can create water by using hydrodgen and oxygen in the air.)

Magnetokinesis: (Can control the Earth magnetic field.)

Can fly:

As you can see she has a hugely diverse array of abilities at her disposal.
My argument is that Storm can only control the weather, using tornadoes and lightning as offensive abilities, but lacks abilities such as fire, earth and control over metals. This means that Crystal has situational advantages over her and potentially more counters to attacks.

Storm has a weakness of claustrophobia, so I believe that if Crystal where to use her Earth bending abilities to enclose storm in a confined rock tomb or even and ice tomb, she would begin to break down mentally.
SegBeg

Con

I disagree on the fact that Crystal has a more diverse range of powers. Crystal does indeed have a diverse range of powers, but having a diverse range of powers does not inherently make one more powerful. As we know, Storm has the ability to control the weather in any way he wishes. She has even classified as a Omega Level mutant. Omega livel mutants are the most powerful group of mutants. She has sometimes been classified as a beyond omega.

Her powers include:

Atmokinesis (her most powerful trait)

Willpower/telepathic resistance

Earth Link (meaning she can detect life)

Thermal Variance (meaning she is resistant to the change in weather so she will not be affected by extreme cold or extreme heat)

Energy Vision (meaning she can see the physical world her in the form of energy)

Magical potential

I'll post the rest of my argument in the comment section as I'm running out of characters
Masterful

Pro

Their powers are somewhat equal, when both are emotionally stable, if Storm was on her period then she might have an increased power level due to her emotions running high. This tells us that Storm doesn't have full control over her potential power. It's also well know that Crystal has better control over her powers, for example Storm can't shoot lightning bolts without calling upon a storm, which is time wasted.

Storm is great at hand to hand combat but she can't trade punches with someone who has superhuman strength and durability.
If Crystal got close then I believe she would kick the sh*t out of Storm and her frail womanly body.
SegBeg

Con

Yes, Crystal has superior physiology than Storm, but we're talking more about a superpower battle than a hand to hand combat battle. Storm has been shown to be able to manipulate the weather on a molecular level. Using the full extent of her psychic control over the weather, gives it a phoenix like effect leaving Crystal in the dust. Storm is also able to control the atmospheres of other planets- something Crystal has not been shown to be able to do. She is aso able to send an electromagnetic pulse into someone's brain, rendering them powerless for a limited amount of time. She could just do that to Crysal. She did a similar thing on an evil clone of Thor. She can also control the pressure in the human ear in order to cause her opponent intense pain. I've even heard she can manipulate the fluids in one's body. Can Crystal do that?

Crystal and Storm both have very similr powers so I think both would be formidable opponents for each other. However, I think Storm wins by a margin.
Posted by SegBeg 11 months ago
SegBeg
Darn it- I forgot to pose my source:

https://arousinggrammar.com...
Posted by SegBeg 11 months ago
SegBeg
Also due to the fact that Storm has the potential to weild magic. If she were to one day be able to do this, she would give Crystal a run for her money. Storm is also more confidet with her powers than Crystal is.

Alsom your argument Storm's claustraphobia and Crystal being able to find a way to enclose her is a good one, but Sstorm would simply find a way to prevent that from happening- something she is easily capable of. Also, Storm's claustraphobia has greatly declined over the years so it's not as severe as it used to be.

sources
[1] http://marvel.wikia.com...(Earth-616)
Posted by SegBeg 11 months ago
SegBeg
okay then. 3 rounds it is
Posted by Masterful 11 months ago
Masterful
Can i accept, but only 3 rounds pls?