Adam2
Raymond_Reddington

Customer service people are full of it, usually

Raymond_Reddington

Adam2

Pro

I will argue that most customer service will screw you if you given the chance. I don't like a job where you have to fake it to not get fired. First is for acceptance.
Raymond_Reddington

Con

I accept. Pro has the Burden of Proof.
Adam2

Pro

Here's the problem. I would like to clarify. I don't condone responding to unruly and unrealistic customers in a nasty way. What I do believe is that someone who is insulting one, countlessly, should be told off. Most big chain stores favor the customer over the employee, unfortunately. Now this is not a call for unions, rather I think big stores should be reformed. Too many people harass cashiers in places like Walmart, Target. They have to put on this facade of politeness, and 90% of the time the people working are not happy. They keep it to themselves, not having the courage to say what they want to tell the person.
Raymond_Reddington

Con

Full of It- completely wrong, false, or worthless
(http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com...)

The majority of customer service people are actually very kind and down to earth. A lot of people are employed by grocery stores every year and the customer service desk is generally a high position-
Generally the customer service desk is run by a department head or assistant manager. Both positions require some promotions and time with the company. Stores like Walmart and Target are customer oriented businesses so they tend to promote and hire people that genuinely like people. The customer service people are usually genuinely interested in the customer and want to fix their problems.

Another way you can be sure that the customer service people are genuine is that they rarely call over a manager. Anytime a worker is actually flustered by a customer or disoriented they call over a manager to take care of the customer's problem. The team aspect of the store ensures that workers remain happy.

Worker's are oftentimes happy just for the opportunity for employment and money and view dealing with difficult customers as "just part of the job". Money automatically makes workers more happy to deal with customers.

This doesn't mean they won't genuinely try and help the customer at all. They understand that they are an integral part of the store and helping customers not only ensures the success of the store, but also their individual success.\

Conclusion:
Customer Service people are actually genuinely nice people. Pro has not fulfilled his Burden of Proof.
Adam2

Pro

I forfeit
Raymond_Reddington

Con

vote Con.
Vote Placed by Craighawley215 2 years ago
Craighawley215
Adam2Raymond_ReddingtonTied
Reasons for voting decision: I used to work Customer Service for a grocery store, and disagree with Pro's logic. In addition, Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
Adam2Raymond_ReddingtonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession. Adam2, stop creating and accepting debates just to concede.