panicman123
gralizzo

DC Comics (and all subsequently owned branches of it) is much better than Marvel Comics

panicman123

Pro

DC comics has been around a long time. Through countless wars and chaos they've stood strong, and their characters have inspired and given hope to America that there will be sun after the storm. They've created rich characters, deep mythologies, and fascinating stories that still stand out in a sea of mediocre comics.
I am NOT calling Marvel mediocre. On the contrary, they have created some of the best characters in the industry. I am simpyl stating that character-for-character, comic-for-comic, DC is the superior publisher of superior comics. Prove me wrong, my rival.
gralizzo

Con

Look! Up at that building in New York City! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's the comic empire DC Comics! The world's #2 comic book publisher (behind longtime nemesis Marvel)
- Google Finance
I rest my case.
panicman123

Pro

Now, now. You don't believe everything you read in the paper, do you? "Better" does not equal "more succesful." Due to the fact that it is the Google Financier, (hint hint "Financier") I don't think that they're actually judging them based on QUALITY of comics, more than the financial success. Personally, I'd say that DC's biggest asset is Veritgo, which is the creator of several award winning comics such as "Fables" and "Hellblazer". These darker, grittier comics are more appealing and deep than the candy-coated world that Marvel lives in. No matter how awesome Spiderman is, he lacks the realism and inner turmoil of Vertigo characters.
And consider "Cliffhanger" comics, a branch of DC. Look no further for funny, unique, and outright bizarre characters by Sam Kieth. There is no way that any Marvel comic can compare to "The Maxx", a tale of a demented homeless man convinced that he's a superhero, whiel actually being a powerful deity/warrior in an alternate reality Australia.
When it comes to original and interesting comics, Marvel falls sadly short and relies on its several popular franchises to chug along in existence. Case closed, my dear Watson.
gralizzo

Con

gralizzo forfeited this round.
panicman123

Pro

In conclusion, I would just like to state that DC Comics has stood the test of time, and has revolutionized comics with a mixture of brilliant older franchises and innovative new additions. Such divisions as Vertigo, Cliffhanger, and MAD Magazine only sweeten the package. Marvel comics has done little as of late to change the way we see comics, and to be frank, they only rely on existing franchises. Honestly, who wants to read "Agent X"? Not me.
And "Spiderman 3"? That was comically bad, except for the french restaurant scene. And as that was totally un-comic book related, no points for that.
Rest in Peace.
gralizzo

Con

gralizzo forfeited this round.
Posted by GaryBacon 9 years ago
GaryBacon
I've always preferred Marvel, but due to the absence of points argued in its favour, I had to vote for Pro.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Challenge me to this topic, panicman123. I assure you that I won't use the same argument as gralizzo. :D
Posted by GaryBacon 9 years ago
GaryBacon
I would really like to take this challenge, but I may not possess enough comic book knowledge for this debate.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Tempting, but I'll pass for now. If no one takes this up by Thursday, I'll do it.
Vote Placed by panicman123 9 years ago
panicman123
panicman123gralizzoTied
Vote Placed by GaryBacon 9 years ago
GaryBacon
panicman123gralizzoTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
panicman123gralizzoTied