Jefferyi_Magtubo
Twistedlicorice

DC Comics is better than Marvel

Jefferyi_Magtubo

Pro

DC Comics universe is far better than the Marvel universe. Almost (emphasis on almost) every single hero and some villains are based off the DC universe. Iron Man=Batman(or Cyborg). Hawkeye=Green Arrow. Deadpool= Deathstroke. Sandman=Clayface. Namor=Aquaman. Dr.Strange=Dr. Fate. Angel=Hawkman. Vision=Martian Manhunter. The list can go on and on.
Another thing that DC dominates in is T.V, comics, and everything else besides movies (I have to give credit when it's due, Marvel has better movies). DC had several shows featuring their roster of superheroes with a bunch of animated shows as well showcasing all, if not almost, every single character they have (although some never got a live action show or presented in a live action type of way). The Flash, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow has shows or movies based off of them just to name a few and isn't mentioning the comics.
In terms of who can actually win in a actual fight, DC could still win. Yeah they have a God or two in their universe, but DC has equally stronger heroes. Superman practically can't die unless he's exposed to a rock. Captain Marvel has some powers of Gods and some other people in Greek/Roman mythology and can't die. Batman has an arsenal of gadgets. The Flash is SUPER fast. Wonder Woman is Zeus's daughter for crying out loud. Green Lantern can make anything out of nothing with the power of willpower. This is just to name a few. What does Marvel have? A big guy who only gets strong when he's angry (somehow the movies changed that concept), a guy injected with a bunch of steroids, a girl who knows martial arts and how to fire a gun, a cocky billionaire with a suit, a God and some other characters.
Can't wait for a debate.
Twistedlicorice

Con

First of all, I see no similarities between Batman and Iron Man. Iron Man is a tech genius, while Batman goes around punching the Joker. Marvel Comics takes a much more real side to their characters as well. Peter Parker had issues. Nothing ever went right for him. Kids and adults can relate to that. I don't know many Boy scouts that have unimaginable strength and crashed onto earth in a rocket. Also, Namor was created before Aquaman, as was Angel. I've already explained why Marvel has better comics, but DC wins in T.V.
Thor could beat Superman as he can travel to a different realm and get tons of Kryptonite. Also, Mjolnir would beat him. Batman could get knocked out in a heartbeat by Spiderman, who can see him easily. Pheonix would beat Wonder Woman as she can tell everything Wonder Woman will do next. Quiksilver can stop the Flash. These are just a few.
I wait for your response. This seems to be a fun debate :).
Jefferyi_Magtubo

Pro

I have to disagree on some things. The Flash could out run Quicksilver. Quicksilver can only run up 4-5 mach which is the about the speed of a aircraft designed to fly at supersonic speeds. The Flash however can run at speed of light. In terms of Superman against Thor, I can agree to that, DC has a lot of indestructible heroes. One is Captain Marvel, which is basically a counterpart of Zeus with a few bonuses such as super speed, intelligence, stamina that can last for years and like any other God can't die. Plus there's Spectre which is basically the counterpart of God. He basically can't die and also has a bunch of magical abilities like those of a sorcerer. He's a also a ghost to. So if you put those two together he can't be beat. The entire lantern corps could also knock out a decent bit out of the Avengers roster as well.
We have been talking a lot about heroes, but not a lot about villains. In my opinion I believe the DC villians could win. We got a guy from Kyrpton, a guy who runs as fast as the Flash, a entire crime cyndicate which are evil counterparts of the Justice League, people with out of this world powers, some people who just do tratditonal hand to hand fighting, god like supervilians and so much more. Marvel supervilians consist primarily on big buff men, counterparts of a superhero, or just really good at handeling a gun(or anything), or crazy people who think they can take over the world, and that one God. Marvel does have some really good villains(or in my opinion are really god), but not as much as DC.
Twistedlicorice

Con

Twistedlicorice forfeited this round.
Jefferyi_Magtubo

Pro

Jefferyi_Magtubo forfeited this round.
Twistedlicorice

Con

Twistedlicorice forfeited this round.
Posted by Jefferyi_Magtubo 2 years ago
Jefferyi_Magtubo
I just realized I misspelled something... :(
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Not going to snipe this, but I have a hard time believing a universe without marriage is a better one (DC was afraid of gay marriage, so declared marriage does not exist).