ClashnBoom
AlphaZalgo

DC is more child friendly than Marvel is.

AlphaZalgo

ClashnBoom

Pro

Full resolution: The comic book company DC is more child than the company Marvel is.

First round is acceptance.
AlphaZalgo

Con

To say that DC is more child friendly than Marvel is quite nebulous, with DC being an expansive world with 52 universes and thousands of characters, writers, and artists. While examples exist of DC being very child oriented, Superfriends, the 1990s Batman and Superman cartoons, and some of the movies, among others, there are dark and graphic comics as well, including Watchmen, Sandman, and some of the alternate universe story lines. And the regular universe has plenty of material too much for young readers. From Kyle Rayner's girlfriend's mangled corpse crammed in a refrigerator, to Joker beating Jason Todd to death with a crowbar in front of his mother, DC knows how to appeal to older audiences, and stray away from the child friendly connotation that comes along with the idea of superheroes.
ClashnBoom

Pro

ClashnBoom forfeited this round.
AlphaZalgo

Con

As far as the movies go, DC's movies tend to have dark, serious ideas and plots, whereas Marvel has a more lighthearted aura. That's not to say that Marvel movies can't be dark, nor to say that they're inferior to DC's, but they are more child friendly, because they are more popular and reach a wider, broader audience. Proof of this is that in Iron Man 3, it was planned for Tony's alcoholism to be a part of the plot, but it was scrapped because it would be to daunting for children.

http://www.ibnlive.com...

https://youtu.be...

https://youtu.be...
ClashnBoom

Pro

First of all I'd like to thank AlphaZalgo for accepting this debate. Also I'm sorry for forfeiting. And to clarify by kid I mean 8-14 year olds.

Rebuttals:

1. Marvel also has an expansive universe so if a kid can understand Marvel than he can most probably understand DC.

2. I have never heard of Sandman but Watchmen is an alternative timeline so it was unimportant to the main storylines. But when Marvel gets dark you usually have to read it to understand the main timeline like when Gwen Stacy died permanently.
AlphaZalgo

Con

AlphaZalgo forfeited this round.
ClashnBoom

Pro

ClashnBoom forfeited this round.
AlphaZalgo

Con

AlphaZalgo forfeited this round.
AlphaZalgo

Con

AlphaZalgo forfeited this round.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
Sorry for the forfeits and lame arguments. I have been busy playing video games, managing my family's stocks and listening to audio books so I wasn't able to manage my time well.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
Noooo! I was just going to post my arguments. Sorry,about forfeiting.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 1 year ago
9spaceking
ClashnBoomAlphaZalgoTied
Reasons for voting decision: con gives multiple examples of dark scenes in DC, while Pro only points out merely one permanent death.