djones16
LatinaGirl8894

DCs Heroes/Villians/Tv Shows/Movies are better than Marvels?

djones16

Pro

Hello This debate will be about discussing the Heroes, Villains, TV Shows and Films in the Marvel and DC universe. There will be 5 rounds each based on the 4 categories mentioned above these being The Heroes, Villains, TV Shows and Films from DC and Marvel.
So Round 2 will be about the Tv Shows of Marvel and Dc
Round 3 will be about their Films
Round 4 will be about the villians
And Round 5 will be about the heroes from Marvel and DC.
Each round will be used to both build a case for that round while also responding to each others comments last round
By the way when discussing heroes and villians it will not be about who would win in a fight, but who has the better characters, in terms of character developement and how interesting/enjoyable they are.
LatinaGirl8894

Con

I accept your debate and look forward to the arguments to be presented.
djones16

Pro

Ok so round 2 will be about the tv shows of both marvel and Dc and which are better. I think we can all agree that Dc has won this round, while Marvel may have agents of Shield, the XMEN cartoons, the avengers earths mightiest heroes cartoon as well as the Incredible Hulk from the 80s, DC in my opinion outclass them in both animated television as well as Live action shows, in my opinion you can't compare Agents of shield to Gotham, The Flash, Smallville or Adam West's Batman, although you could argue that Gotham has just been released and therefore hasn't shown whether it is a good show or not, from what I've seen so far the characters in Gotham are already alot more fleshed out than any character in agents of shield, as well as it being alot more entertaining than agents of shield so far. As well as the potential of the TV show the flash, makes it an easy win for DC, although given Marvels lack of live action television shows that might be unfair to compare them to Dc's offerings so lets switch it up to the animated shows Marvel have to offer, which in my opinion is alot closer to judge, because admittedly Marvel have quite a few great shows, that I watched as a kid such as the Xmen cartoon and the Spiderman cartoon, which are both excellent, however I would like to counter them by mentioning arguably the greatest animated show of all time Batman The Animated Series, which due to its combination of great characters, a great mix of humor and dark serious episodes makes it the best show I will be mentioning in round 2 of this debate, and if that wasn't enough during the 2000s Dc released 4 great animated tv shows in the form of Young Justice, Teen Titans, Justice League and The Batman another animated series based on the caped crusader, which although nowhere near as good as the 90s batman show was still quality entertainment. I have therefore proved that DC have both quality and Quantity when it comes to the shows they create something which cannot be said for marvel. This is my argument for round 1 and I can't wait to hear my opponents response
LatinaGirl8894

Con

I would have to disagree with my opponent on this issue. Marvel clearly has better TV shows than DC. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is one of the best Marvel TV shows that has been made. The twists and turns that the show has are just amazing.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. has the benefit of being in its second season and having a line-up of characters the audience has grown with". (1)

Agents is in the second season so people are already familiar with how the show works. Gotham has only been on for a few weeks and people are still getting used to things. Agents is better because it has already sucked us into the series whereas Gotham is still trying to lure people in.

I would have to agree that Batman was a pretty great show, but I do not think that one great show should out way the many great shows that Marvel has put out over the years.

Marvel has has almost twice as many animated shows over the years than DC has had. Giving them a wider variety of shows that people could watch. DC not having as many hurt them because people did not have many options to choose from. (2)

I think that i have proven this round that Marvel TV shows are better than DC.

(1) http://www.forbes.com...
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org...
djones16

Pro

Ok so for the first part of round 3 I will briefly respond to my opponents arguments.
"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is one of the best Marvel TV shows that has been made. The twists and turns that the show has are just amazing". Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is considered both by me as well as the majority of marvel fans as a huge disappointment due to the lack of creativity in their story as well as bland boring characters. If you want to talk about a great show with interesting characters and story, how about arrow, which unlike AOS actually develop their characters alot more than AOS as well as including more characters from the DC universe, such as deadshot and other members of the suicide squad.

"I would have to agree that Batman was a pretty great show, but I do not think that one great show should out way the many great shows that Marvel has put out over the years. I didn't just mention the batman shows, I also included the justice league animated series as well as the shows about young justice and teen titans prove this comment wrong in my opinion as it shows many great shows that DC have produced which are far superior to any show Marvel have been involved in over the years.

"Marvel has has almost twice as many animated shows over the years than DC has had. Giving them a wider variety of shows that people could watch. DC not having as many hurt them because people did not have many options to choose from" Your right that Marvel have more shows, but like I said earlier its quality over quantity, and from what i've seen from gotham and the flash they are completely different giving the people watching the variety that took tens of shows for marvel to reproduce.

Now I will be making the case that Dc's films are better than Marvels offerings. Ok so first of all I'll talk about some of the more recent films, IMO the dark knight trilogy, is better than any film that the avengers were apart of, apart from the obvious great performance from heath ledger, the acting talents of Christian bale, who is great at playing those characters in alot of pain inside (the machinist, American psycho) was the perfect choice as batman, to go along with Tom Hardys Bane, as well as a far superior supporting cast with Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman, combined with an incredible lead actors, epic action scenes and memorable lines make it better than the avengers and their individual movies, which while solid has a bunch of bad movies in my opinion such as ironman 2 and 3, Thor 1 and the hulk with Edward Norton. Along with the dark knight trilogy, there was also Tim Burton's batman movies from the 80s which match up to and in some ways are better than the Nolan films, jack Nicholson as the joker, can you think of more perfect casting? As well as this if your not into dark serious superhero films and want something more light and funny then the superman films from the 80s with Christopher reeve (more perfect casing from DC) are for you, or you can watch Adam West's Batman film from the 60s which are very campy and in my opinion are very funny. DC are now also create a combined cinematic universe, which looks very interesting, using established actors like Ben affleck as well as promising young actors like Ezra miller, making it look more and more promising by the second. With Marvel there have been alot of weak films, such as ironman 2 and 3, spiderman 3, xmen 3, origins wolverine, and worst of all Howard the duck. I believe I have made an extremely strong case as to why DC have the better movies. I look forward to my opponents reply :).
LatinaGirl8894

Con

LatinaGirl8894 forfeited this round.
djones16

Pro

OK this round will be fairly quick, so along with batmans amazing rogue gallery, which in my opinion is better than any rogue gallery from the marvel universe, along with characters like lex luthor, captain bumerang and others make this a slam dung in my opinon, ask yourself why do marvel use the same villian in three of their 5 movies Loki its because they have a limited rogue gallery, as well as them there is also braniac, deadshot, and slade wilson, which is Dcs deadpool and in my opinon is better than deadpool. As well as that Dc's villians are just overall more popular as well as more interesting than any villian Marvel has to offer
LatinaGirl8894

Con

I would have to disagree with my opponents argument here. I think that Magneto is one of the best villains out there. He caused nothing but trouble everywhere he went.

I invite my opponent to take a look at this list of Marvel Villains and then tell me who has the better ones. I think Marvel would win hands down. These are some of the most popular characters that anybody would recognize.

(1) http://www.comicvine.com...
djones16

Pro

Ok while that is a great list, i still feel that DC has the better rogue gallery, i will show my own list, and think about it not as a who is more powerful, but who are the better characters. I think we can all agree with me when i say that Batman has by far the best rogue gallery of any hero, Marvel or DC. As well as iconic villians from superman, such as brainiac and lex luthor, and others from other heroes which is shown on this list http://en.wikipedia.org...

So first of all before i conclude this round for me,i would like to thank my opponent for a great debate. So first of all, lets get this first point out of the way, DC have the two most iconic and popular superheroes of all time in Batman and Superman. Maybe not so much with Superman nowadays, but historically nobody can argue the contributions of Batman and Superman in the comicbook industry. As well as that there are other heroes, like The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Women and Aquaman, who all have different personalities, and are all great in one way or another, The FLash is outgoing and funny, Wonder Women is the serious female character, that marvel doesn't have, Green Lantern, wheter your talking about Hal Jordan or John Stewart are the arogant badass of the group. As well as that DC also have a group of sidekicks that have grown into great characters in themselves, for example robin, turned from an asskissing sidekick, to an asskicking hero in the form of Knightwing. If you've seen Young Justice then you all ready know how all these characters have developed into heroes themselves, such as Aqualad, Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Zatana and so on and so on. I haven't even mentioned the Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Hawkman, Firestorm and others who all have their own comics showing their story, and the way DC develop them all is great in my opinion.

If you still aren't convinced heres a link to another link showing even more heroes from the DC universe http://www.comicvine.com... Once again thank you con for a great debate i can't wait to see your reply
LatinaGirl8894

Con

I would like to say that Marvel clearly s the best heroes around.

Looking just from a movie standpoint Marvel has had more movies based on them and the movies have been outstanding, with more great movies to come.

Each of these heroes makes the movies worth watching and not to mention when the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America all get together for the Avengers movie I mean come on.

Most people are more familiar with the Marvel Universe now then DC simply because they are putting out more movies that are better than DC.

Below is a list of all the Marvel Heroes and I guarantee that this list is way better than that of DC.

I would like to thank my opponent for a great debate.

I would like to end by saying that Marvel is better than DC in every way.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by XDM 2 years ago
XDM
Yeah haha cause tbh its a much better example than Gotham and flash is too new to really use effectively
Posted by djones16 2 years ago
djones16
to be honest all i thought after finishing that round was dammit i forgot arrow
Posted by XDM 2 years ago
XDM
I really cant believe you didn't mention the show "Arrow" in your case for DC. It's easily the best do show excluding animated shows