Jonbonbon
jopo

DDO Olympics: Trolling Prelims - Morgan Freeman

Jonbonbon

Pro

"Resolved: Morgan Freeman is supernatural."

I would like to thank Jopo for agreeing to debate this with me. I'm sure it'll be a fun debate, and I wish her the best of luck. Now, it's time to get (un)serious for the Trolling Prelims in the DDOlympics!

I'm just going to brush over my main points, then let Jopo quickly her opening points.

1) Morgan Freeman has revealed his supernatural state to us.

I'm going to be arguing with some evidence here that Morgan Freeman has given us direct revelation to the world that he is supernatural.

2) No voice can naturally be that sexy.

The logic follows that it must be supernatural as it is clearly beyond natural.

3) Recent findings show that Morgan Freeman's voice has supernatural capability.

I'm going to present evidence from a man that has studied Morgan Freeman and his relation to nature.
jopo

Con

Ok so first as some important background to my case:

"Laynes Law
Layne's Law of Debate:
  • Every debate is over the definition of a word. Or
  • Every debate eventually degenerates into debating the definition of a word. Or
  • Once a debate degenerates into debating the definition of a word, the debate is debatably over." [http://c2.com...]

This law clearly outlines the importance of definitions in debate. However, my opponent tragically failed to include any thus far. Therefore, giving me full power *take supreme crown of semantics in the Morgan Freeman debate* over the meaning of this debate.

DEFINITIONS:

Morgan Freeman - "the god among men; God; a man who's beastly powers and deep, manly, god-like and black voice capture the hearts of millions." (Provided by Jopo and the 3 other girls in her room at this time, given that confidentiality is key they shall be referred to as Crackalacking, Patpat-the-kit-kat, and and Kitty RAAAAAAAA - the RA)

http://alfonzorachel.com...

Supernatural - "Supernatural is an American television series, created by Eric Kripke, which was first broadcast on September 13, 2005, on The WB, and subsequently became part of successor The CW's lineup." (google side bar when googled Supernatural, more info available at http://www.tv.com...)

My point summary:

1. A Person Cannot be Equated to a Singular TV Show

Here I will explain how it is logically impossible to equate that a person is a TV Show. This would be as ridiculous and claiming "Jopo is My Little Pony".

2. Morgan Freeman is Not in Supernatural

The sole exception to be the above rule would be if an actor within a TV series essentially made the TV Series, such as "Fluttershy is My Little Pony". Given that Morgan Freeman is not in Supernatural this does not apply.

3. Morgan Freeman's Awesomeness Cannot in Anyway be Expressed by Supernatural.

Here I will outline the multiple gorgeous facets of Morgan Freeman's personality to show how it is impossible to contain him within this clearly flawed comparison. Also, given that the sole point of my opponent's case is to explain the wonderfulness that is Morgan Freeman (as she outlined) see these all as upholding this point further.

Jonbonbon

Pro

Thank you for that post. I'm now going to present a few pieces of evidence.

My opponent has equated "is supernatural" with "is in supernatural."

I will now provide a definition of in:

"in" refers to getting into her/his pants to perform the sexual arts. That definition was provided from here: http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Now, the thing is that a show doesn't wear pants. Thus her interpretation is false.

Also, Morgan Freeman doesn't have the same reproductive processes as us. I will provide evidence in a video:

http://youtu.be...

I believe I have clarified why Morgan Freeman is supernatural and my opponents interpretation is inherently false.
jopo

Con

While my opponent made a valiant attempt to salvage her case with a new fancy definition she made a few critical errors.

1 - while attempting to establish the difference between "is" and "is in" she only defined "in", meaning we must now backtrack and assess the definition of "is" .... because semantics matter in debate, NEIGH they ARE debate.
is - "auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person am, 2nd are or ( Archaic ) art, 3rd is, present plural are; past singular 1st person was, 2nd were or ( Archaic ) wast or wert, 3rd was, past plural were; present subjunctive be; past subjunctive singular 1st person were, 2nd were or ( Archaic ) wert, 3rd were; past subjunctive plural were; past participle been; present participle be"ing" [http://dictionary.reference.com...] is a member of the "to be" verb. Meaning my opponent is claiming that Morgan Freeman is being Supernatural. The TV series. Furthermore, my first point goes in directly on this as I state a person cannot be equated to a singular TV show. Essentially what the resolution is attempting to do is take all of the gloriousness that is Morgan Freeman, and confine it to being only one show. Second, on the subject of "is in", the only point in which I stated this was as a block to a potential argument that my opponent didn't even attempt to argue (because the block is now there).

2 - My opponent attempted to offer a definition, without asking permission from the wielder of the supreme crown of semantics in the Morgan Freeman debate, I role I specifically outlined that I possessed. This means she has clause 18, section A, subsection Y, article xvii of the semantics code of conduct, the code we all swore our souls to upon starting debate. For further impact of this, Laynes Law of Debate clearly illustrates how debate is semantics. Therefore, violating the rules of semantics violates debate itself.

3 - My opponent failed to return to attempt to pull her demolished arguments back together after the wrecking ball of semantics came in and smashed them. For visual demonstration please view the following located as the top video on the right-hand side (please be warned, this video contains images of Miley Cyrus which may come across as disturbing to some audiences, drunk viewers are advised)

Finally, I want to address that my opponent claims that she has proved how Morgan Freeman is supernatural. Given that she has provided no evidence to show how he is this show, nor has she attacked any of my beautiful hypothetical examples that used MLP as a reference, making them God, therefore she has not actually done this, she is simply lying. However, I would like to take this opportunity to tell my opponent that she has done so in a stylish manner, and while everything she says is wholly wrong, (second video on the right side)
Jonbonbon

Pro

I should point out that my opponent has displayed the image of Miley Cyrus. That's a conduct violation at the least, and under normal circumstances would be worthy of a temp ban. Unfortunately, Miley stole the ban hammer for her music video.

Also, I'd like to point out that my opponent's definitions are still pretty abusive. The relation to Supernatural and these semantics is the equivalent of putting ketchup on a salmon. Who does that?

Now, I will explain my point here. Morgan Freeman must be part of Supernatural by necessity. As my video evidence points out, Morgan Freeman narrates everything on earth. He must then by necessity be narrating Supernatural and is therefore the one who is actually in control of it. He also narrates the actions of the people on set making him the supreme director.

Now that we have that evidence to confirm this, we can clearly see that Morgan Freeman narrates Supernatural. That means he must be it. Thank you.

jopo

Con

Goodness gracious are there some flaws to address. *ahem*

"I should point out that my opponent has displayed the image of Miley Cyrus. That's a conduct violation at the least, and under normal circumstances would be worthy of a temp ban. Unfortunately, Miley stole the ban hammer for her music video."

This statement makes it blatantly obvious that my opponent skipped over my warning regarding this material and my advice to only view if drunk. Maybe if she had taken the minimum four shots required prior to viewing this video she wouldn't be accussing me of conduct violation. *Passes out shots to all readers* Furthermore, the fact that she skipped over this disclaimer indicates that she immediately proceeded to watch the video without carefully scanning how it relates to our crucial debate, indicating that her love for Miley Cyrus overpowered her own ability to follow the rules of conduct. Given that this is true we can see that Jonbonbon is actually a closet Cyrus fan and therefore, through application of Tu Quoque argumentation, we can see that all of her arguments are irrelevant.

"Also, I'd like to point out that my opponent's definitions are still pretty abusive. The relation to Supernatural and these semantics is the equivalent of putting ketchup on a salmon. Who does that?"

First of all - ketchup on salmon is delicious and my opponent is flawed for knocking it before trying it. This can be seen at the following link - http://www.debate.org...;(For more details view the album description).
Therefore proving that people do put ketchup on salmon, upholds that Supernatural may be equated to these semantics. So naahh-naahh-nah-nah-naaahhhhhh.

"As my video evidence points out, Morgan Freeman narrates everything on earth. He must then by necessity be narrating Supernatural and is therefore the one who is actually in control of it. He also narrates the actions of the people on set making him the supreme director"

Here is a link to the full cast list of Supernatural. http://www.imdb.com...;
Search Morgan Freeman's name (feel free to do so by using the ctrl + f function or whatever method you desire) .... he is not a part of this cast. Furthermore, even if this gross mistatement where true, my opponent still hasn't shown how Morgan Freeman IS Supernatural. Therefore, still fails to uphold her side.

Given that my opponent has be uterly creamed in the semantics argument, failed to address Miley Cyrus appropriately, is now an outed Miley Cyrus fan, failed to prove how Morgan Freeman is Supernatural and MOST IMPORTANTLY - never thanked me for telling her that "I love the way you lie" nor replied with any message of similar virtue (don't even try now because *cue video in top right*[] ) therefore showing complete disrespect for me and our love/hate/abusive relationship we clearly share thus leaving me to conclude that our previously held adoration has melted away leaving me to conclude that *cue next video* [] .

For all of this we can see that not only do I win, but Jonbonbon has cut out my heart, smashed it into a pulp and has left me to go cry in a corner alone; for even though I am clearly right in this dispute - I've lost my love.
Jonbonbon

Pro

It's at moments like this where I like to say something:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Anyway, I will show the main reasons why I squashed my opponent like a half sized mega spider under a large falling wooden replica of the Empire State Building.

1) Displaying the image of Miley Cyrus

To say that there are conditions which this is acceptable and furthering an apology before people watch the video is like apologizing that you're going to slowly kill them while eating a succulent pot roast.

By the time Miley Cyrus's image hits the screen, it's too late to apologize.

2) Morgan Freeman's all-pervading voice.

As I've shown, Morgan Freeman's voice literally pervades everything in existence.

He narrates everything that happens including on the set of Supernatural. That means that his voice is Supernatural. Supernatural wouldn't exist without the golden, molten milk chocolate voice of Morgan Freeman. Nothing would really. Since Morgan Freeman's voice is part of Morgan Freeman and he controls it, by extension, Morgan Freeman is supernatural.

Thank you for the awesome debate, Jopo, and thank you to the judges for reading this!
jopo

Con

My opponent explained how she squashed me "like a half sized mega spider under a large falling wooden replica of the Empire State Building. However, as indicated by that cute picture next to my name I AM KING KONG ergo I not only squash her replica with my mere breath, but can dominate over the actual building she meekly strives to imitate - just like I not only squash her arguments, but dominate this round. #Metaphored

My opponent brought up Miley Cyrus in last speech to which I must say EWWWWWWWW!!!! How on Earth could she even mention that name (which I apologize for having to type even once in my rebuttal - she will now be referred to as the M girl). This whole debate has made it pretty obvious that Jonbonbon is a closet M girl fan therefore her opinions regarding actual intellectual pop culture debates are irrelevant as she cannot accurately speak on anything. Because she dare like the M girl. Which is anything but mmmmmmm yummy.

Finally, semantics. I don't even know why my opponent attempted to row her crushed wooden empire state replica upstream in this rushing river of a debate. The currents of knowledge and truth provided by Google and other reliable sources sunk her. I admire her dedication, and would offer her a life raft, but ALAS she is dead.
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
I was proud of some moments, but this wasn't my best example of trolling.
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
I personally think Jon should have won this...
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
Not much of a debate. Nightcats forfeited the crap out of that.
Posted by Pitbull15 3 years ago
Pitbull15
Vote on mine! xD

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
This is going to be fun XD