Jifpop09
simpleguy

DDO Song Battles: A Jifpop09 series

Jifpop09
Started: 3/14/2014 Category: Funny

Jifpop09

Pro

First Round Acceptance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Jifpop09's new series
-------------------------------------
DDO SONG BATTLES
-
-
-
Rules are simple, players will post a music video each round, and whoever has the better songs, wins!!!!!
(0)(0)(0)
Players willl have to also write a short random synopsis on the song, 1000 characters long. It can be random, but it wont be factored into the debate.
&^5^--)*6%
I will be accepting challengers in the comments, so be sure to post a youtube video with your comment.

hi'sdhi[sahi[ghi[gu9-]fu90fg9-u=fg=90gay80du=90a

Round 2: Funny
Round 3: Free Choice
Round 4: Classic Rock
Round 5: Free Choice

Acceptance video can not be used, and you may not use the same song or band as your opponent
simpleguy

Con

Well I guess my acceptance video is the one I posted in the comments: ;

This is a great song as the lyrics talk of breaking down the barriers between cultures and allowing everyone to come together simply as members of the human race and I think that is simply a great cause. The song itself is great as well - very lyrical and easy to listen to. As this round is only 'acceptance' I think I can end my synopsis here - my future ones will be a bit longer.

I wish my opponent the best of luck and hope this debate can bring out the best that music has offered us in the last few decades.
Jifpop09

Pro

Well, my opponent has ignored the ruling that the acceptance video can not be used, so I ask the audience not to count it. The game actually starts round 2.

Funny
-----------------

This song is "Amish Paradise", and it was created by Weird Al Yankovic, a famous parody singer of the 80's and 90's. The song parodies "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio, with guest star L.V. The song has 20 million views on youtube, and is Weird Al's Second most popular song on youtube after "White and Nerdy". I had actually debated whether I would use that song, but I decided that it has been overplayed, while this song might seem new and fresh to listeners.
simpleguy

Con

Sorry about round 1, I thought I had to repost my acceptance video into the acceptance round, as that seemed logical. For round 2, I will elect the song Nice Guys by . This song is not only funny, it has a great message for guys who are struggling to get girlfriends. In terms of views, it has 50 million which trumps my opponent's video and is definitely more funny. Enjoy. ;
Jifpop09

Pro

This song is called "Crazy", and it was performed by Gnarls Barkley, a collaboration duo between Danger Mouse and Ceelo Green aka. Brian Joseph Burton and Thomas Decarlo Callaway. It was an extreme commercial success, and was met with critical acclaim. The song was designed to convince listeners that the singers were "crazy".
simpleguy

Con

Since my opponent has posted a song about the singer going crazy, I felt like I should do the same to make it easier to judge. Here it is in all it's glory: ;

This song has been met with tremendous critical acclaim, being listed in the Book of Guiness World Records in 2002 as the top British single of all time. There have also been grammy nominations, named best British single of 1952-77, and numerous other accolades.

The song itself has six distinct sections that explore new musical motifs and tell a different story - overall, it's a great song and it is so inspiring to see someone could come up with a piece of work this great.
Jifpop09

Pro

Ha, good one. I almost used that particular song, but I see a lot of people get bashed on for overplaying it.

Anyways, next song is "November Rain" by Guns and Roses. Considered one of the best classic rock songs of all time by many, it is a power ballad sung by Axl Rose, and in my opinion, has a awesome guitar solo. I was very conflicted on whether I would choose this or "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.

simpleguy

Con

simpleguy forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Pro

Just don't know how to explain this song. Makes me laugh all the time. 70 million views on youtube, sung by the band Gorrillaz. A band made up of fake members. The song is called " Clint Eastwood" and I can't even explain what its about.

simpleguy

Con

simpleguy forfeited this round.
Posted by yomama12 3 years ago
yomama12
love livin in an amish paradise, makes me crack up every time XD
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Man, now I got bohemian rhapsody stuck in my head. One reason why I epitomize that song. "Mama.... Once Killed a man....... Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now hes dead. ...... Mama, oohhhoho. Unfortunately, I never could stick with the song after 3:35.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Hm, well maybe we should not include views to make it fair? Up to you.
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
The key point was not that it had more views, but that it was a better song. I just put the views there because you did as well.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
But, Nigahiga is more for middle schoolers
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I didn't realize how hard this would be. My opponent will just put higher viewed videos over mine.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
You can probably do the next one
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
Aw, shucks. Whatevs, I'll keep an eye on this one.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
I was going to use that ;(
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Jifpop09simpleguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited the last two rounds. Rock on Pro.