DDO Tier Tournament 2 (Round 1): Homosexuality Is Immoral!

Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner

Sir I challenge you to a debate on the resolution that "homosexuality is immoral". By accepting this debate, you understand that you are taking part in a tournament and a selection of five judges is made who will vote to decide the winner. By accepting this debate you bind yourself to the following principles and avowed statements:

1. You understand that I have done this debate multiple times, of which I informed you, and you agree that you found this debate most suitable from the 8 diverse topics I presented you with.

2. You have freely chosen to be Con, as I offered you both positions freely.

3. You understand you will have 48 hours to post each argument, there will be a total of 4 rounds of argumentation (the first is for acceptance only), you will be allowed a total number of 10,000 characters.

4. The first round, as stated previously, will be for acceptance only.

5. The burden of proof is shared equally.

6. The second round will consist of our independent arguments (no rebutals) where we will give a systematic positive case only.

7. The third and fourth rounds will be used for both rebutals and re-stating our case, where no new arguments may be presented.

8. The fifth round will consist of last rebutals, and a conclusion presented of the main issues so far in this debate; a summary may also be provided.

9. In the case of any forfeiture, if there is a valid reason then we may remove that round, or re-do this debate, unless a reason is provided a forfeiture will result in a definite loss.

10. Each side is allowed to present their evidence in the forms of books, journals, and essays alongside blong entries as long as the links are provided for easy access to these sources and paginations are cited. (I request that no youtube or such video sources be used because they are banned in my country, however this no way restricts either side from doing so.)

11. The font, I request should be default, however one may change their font, but be sure it is readable.

12. As this is a philosophical debate I am definig the terms philosophically, please inform me if you have any problem with them so that I may change them (you may inform me by message or in the comments) :
(1)morality:The term “morality” can be used normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specific conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.
The term "morality" can be used descriptively to refer to some codes of conduct put forward by a society or; a. some other group such as religion, or, b. accepted by an individual for her/his own behaviour.*[1]
*I would personally like to stick to the first definition, however both were mentioned so I added both, please mention if you are willing to keep only the first.
(2)immorality: will then be the opposite of morality so is can be used normatively to refer to a code of conduct , that given specif circumstances, would be opposed by all rational persons.
(3)homosexuality: refers to sexual behaviour between the members of the same sex.

13. When in doubt the Stanford Encylopedia of Philosophy will be used to clear definitions.

14. None of the parties will take aid from any other person during this debate.

I wish you the best of luck should you choose to accept,

I acsept the terms led down in the first round. Make yor case Pro.

This debate has been replaced for this one:

Nietzsche said:
To do is to be
Kant said:
To be is to do

Sinatra said:
Do be do be do

Who wins? A thought for the ages,

Okay then. This debate has been nullified.

"If you want what visible reality
can give, you're an employee

If you want the unseen world,
you're not living the truth.

Both wishes are foolish,
but you'll be forgiven for forgetting
that what you really want is
love's confusing joy.

Gamble everything for love,
if you're a true human being.

If not, leave
this gathering.

Half-heartedness doesn't reach
into majesty. You set out
to find God, but then you keep
stopping for long periods
at mean-spirited roadhouses.

In a boat down a fast-running creek,
it feels like trees on a bank
are rushing by. What seems

to be canging around us
is rather the speed of our craft
leaving this world."

Maulana Jalaludin Rumi,
A Muslim Saint.

Moira Queen, you have failed this city!

Ashk ankhoon me kaab nahe ata,
Lahoo ata he jab nahee ata,

Door behta ghubar e Mir us se,
Ishq bin ye adab nahe ata!

It goes something like these:
When do tears not streak theses eyes,
When tears dont blood does,

I am far from my beloved,
Without love this mastery cannot be learnt!

Mir Taqi Mir

I am the Venjix virus. Your world is now my world and your time is now over!

la la la la la la la la la la la la la

In between the lines, there's a lot of obscurity;
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity;
If I'm all right, then you're all wrong;
But why bounce around to the same down song?

You'd rather run when you can't crawl...

I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth;
I know, you know; you just don't have any proof;
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend;
Your worst inhibitions tend to psych you out in the end!
Posted by Ajab 2 years ago
Romanii posted the new judges only 6 hours earlier, I had started this debate 12 hours earlier. #NotMyFaultEntirely!
Posted by Ajab 2 years ago
I was just informed that SeventhProfessor had been replaced by bladerunner060, this I saw only now, a post by Romanii. I am going to re-post this debate with the new judges, I do apologize to everyone.

This debate will then be considered null.
Vote Placed by orangemayhem 2 years ago
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Debate cancelled therefore a tie is warranted. I'll be voting on the debate which actually happened later this evening and please nag me if I don't.
Vote Placed by YYW 2 years ago
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: This is very strange. I'm not sure how to score it. I don't want to score it based on the other debate, because that would unfairly reward the winner for two debates where he only participated in one. But, on the other hand, there is "content" here to judge even though I can't think of a reasonable standard to judge it by. So, we'll keep it a tie.