DDO rap battles should be more professional

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 9/20/2014 Category: Music

I argue that most users on DDO don't know how to rap battle and I mean no offense, though I like reading rap battles, most need lots of improvement. Rap battles should have a variety of hard disses, rebuttals, wordplay, metaphors, similes, rhyme schemes, multis, etc.

First round acceptance

When this website is renamed "" let me know
Until then, I wish to debate.

In my opinion, there's not a lot of great rap battlers. Many don't understand how battles work. Rap battles seem to be held more as a social aspect rather than art. People don't take it seriously, so they probably don't recognize the impact of actual battle lyrics.

Whenever I read raps, I see people rapping about how the other person sucks and how they have lots of skills, money, cars, etc. But I hear no disses, rebuttals, wordplay, metaphors, similes, clever rhyme schemes, multis, etc. I mean no offense to Christian rappers (as i am a Christian myself) but you can't really be preaching all the time during a rap battle or otherwise it's not a battle, it's freestyling. A rap battle is like a boxing match where your supposed to give it all you got. Here's what rap battles should have :

1. Disses - saying "you suck " is not a very good diss. To diss your opponent, you should focus on targeting their looks, race, nationality, religion, beliefs, flaws, style, clothes, way they talk, act, sound, etc. using creative lyrics with metaphors and other things. I typically see people diss other rapper's lyrics, but very rarely do I see tons of various disses in one round.

2. Personals - Basically dissing something really bad about someone's character. If you know the person well whether personally or you did your research then you know their weaknesses better than anyone else and can totally demolish them on the spot.

3. Aggression - Intimidating your opponent in your lyrics as you boast about yourself and make threats or simply just talk about how bad they are in rap.

4. Rebuttals - Taking an opponent's punchlines and using it against them.

5. Wordplay - Using puns or playing with the meaning of words

6. Rhyme schemes - Raps have grown increasingly complex over the years. Rappers now use multi syllable rhymes rather than simple end rhymes. When i'm really feeling it, I like to use internal rhymes, multi syllable rhymes, alliteration, sometimes sonnets, around 4-6 bars that have the same rhymes rather than just 2, rhyming with similar sounding words and slant rhymes, onamonapia, list goes on.

There are raps which i have to admit are poorly structured such as raps like:

"I have to go to the bathroom,
cuz i'm crappin' like vroom,
N' i go boom boom,
then i.."

The bars are too short and it's not considered very creative. There are also those raps which spend more time boasting about themselves but absolutely don't battle rap:

"I'm so gangsta! You see me ridin' a Sudan
I got Asian chicks all on me, even Mulan!"

That has no effect on a rap battle. I only know very few rappers on DDO who i consider the best: Shadowkingstudios, Danielle, BladeofTruth, and that's it. Even then, only Danielle and Shadow have solid lyrics and hard disses. I'll illustrate with an example:

When i rap battled Danielle, she came up with this line that completely turned the battle to her favor

"A closet case, a mental case so here's a basket
Oh sorry Morticia (1) Addams - did you prefer a casket?"

I had a profile pic which clearly fit the description (2). She said i was mentally depressed, isolated, called me a female, said that i'm dead both psychologically and lyrically. It was then that i came back with a few rebuttals:

"You got wit, t!ts and charisma of all ladies, pfft when was that? back in the eighties?
Your outdated at that time makin' babies, you so old, you haven't had a shot for rabies"

She said she had "wit, t!ts and charisma" and i basically implied that because of her seemingly old fashioned shades, pic, etc. Her style, appearance, ways of life are retro and not with the 21st century.

That being said, almost no one save a few on DDO has made these kinds of deliveries in rap battles.

Lol I suppose my opponent concedes

Personal attacks are banned in the terms and conditions.
Aside from this, rap battles violate principles of ad hominem being an illegal move to win.

Thank you for this kind concession.

I leave you with a rap:

alright, you concede
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
last line fix
*I'll just sell it to the black market
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
*Plays super cool rap-beat with music in the background

One debater, the one I didn't choose, didn't do absolutely anythin'
He got slayed by such laser, like a poor moose--he obviously tried everythin'
The winner is such obvious here, easily spotted as a donkey's rear
It's like the loser drank a gallon of beer, he's got a twisted unrealistic sneer

These people don't know how to respect or even wisely manage 'er time
It's always conduct point lost, the winner may taste victory but I taste lemon lime
This is happenin' so often it should be treated by the mod's as a grave crime
The commit-tors should be "rewarded" like in Brain Sludge--painted with slime

You may think your arguments are 100-percent unbeatable
Your "impressive hand of cards" an' "grand poker-face" unreadable
In reality you have such shame, even your friends think this incident unspeakable
Your tragic-horror story's so sad an' yet already set, it's un-completable

You forfeit-er, so darn blind, you wander around with a blank mind,
You can't do anything at all, an invisible mountain did you climb
If you had eyes they'd be completely raked--by you, my "great mate"
Your cookie dough of arguments is unbaked, judges gonna give you bad ranks

Please don't go and ask me for any advice, I can't be bo'ered with such li'l lice
I'd rather go eat a bowl of poisonous rice; you forfeiter can't be even be saved by Jesus Christ
You really don't fit the description "intelligent mind", compared to it you're really like a tiny mice
You may think your short rounds are "concise", oh sure they are, and you're just being nice

I shake my head at such incompetence, I really want to print this debate out and crumble it
Don't take any more debates from now on hence, you'll just be killed again, smashed like a poor kid
Your forfeitin' is such terrible I feel like vomitin', stompin' my feet on your rude red word carpet
So just don't do it--it belongs in the Town of Wrongitin, I'll just sell y
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
True well he accepted so might as well debate
Posted by ShadowKingStudios 2 years ago
You do realize, Seeker, you're not going to get a high-caliber debate out of Con? His M.O. is for losses & ties. Then again he might put up a fight every now & then.
Vote Placed by Jellon 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to give a thorough rebuttal of Pro's opening arguments.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: in comments
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 2 years ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Personal attacks, plus sources and a well written argument.