roxana_0
Stephanie_Lopez

DNA Profiling

roxana_0

Pro

Isn"t it a relief that DNA profiling helps police officer"s find out who was at the crime scene? DNA profiling is a huge help when it comes to investigating who was at the crime scene. It"s very helpful because everyone"s DNA is unique, one of a kind. Just a tiny sample of saliva, blood, etc, is needed for testing. Profiles can provide indications of ethnic origin. On the other hand DNA profiling is bad. When first launched in 1995, only the DNA of convicted criminals were kept by police. But following a change in the law in 2001, all DNA collected by forensics - for whatever purpose - can be stored permanently. The system in the US, known as CODIS, and run by the FBI, contains over five million DNA profiles. It is my opinion that DNA profiling should be allowed.
Stephanie_Lopez

Con

DNA Profiling

What is DNA Profiling ? What does DNA Profiling help in ? Well I'm here to explain to you exactly what DNA Profiling is. DNA Profiling is a sample that police can test like for example your blood, skin cell, hair. basically anything. Did you know that genetic fingerprints are very useful in this case ? Well they are ! Genetic fingerprints ( even fingerprints ) gives people a good idea on what it is. I think that fingerprints are useful because people test your fingerprints and see if they match. So they analyze and combine pairs which helps them and see if they match, and if they match they have found already who the criminal was.

I think that my topic about DNA Profiling is important because what is there was a crime situation ? and the thief escaped ? What if DNA didn"t exist ? Well luckily we do have such a thing as DNA Profiling. So now let me give me you an example, so lets say there was a men that went in jewerly store that went in and just robbed your money and all the jewelry, but the person who is in charge of all that got hurt and didn"t remember anything. But people without realizing can leave behind a piece of their hair or a drop of their blood and police just take that and analyze it to find who the criminal was. Now lets say that this didn"t exist. I think that our environment would be less safer and would put our family in more risk because I think that if people didn"t know DNA existed people would rob more and hurt more this world. I think that DNA helps with getting the criminal so that they won"t be hurting anyone nor doing things that aren"t right. Now people think more and know what they are doing, and they know that if they do this they will either way get caught and know they are hurting other people. DNA Profiling is a really useful technology for even doing paternity and a lot of other tests that are needed that's and I'm glad that there is such a thing as DNA Profiling to help people and the police too.
roxana_0

Pro

roxana_0 forfeited this round.
Stephanie_Lopez

Con

Stephanie_Lopez forfeited this round.
roxana_0

Pro

roxana_0 forfeited this round.
Stephanie_Lopez

Con

Stephanie_Lopez forfeited this round.
roxana_0

Pro

roxana_0 forfeited this round.
Stephanie_Lopez

Con

Stephanie_Lopez forfeited this round.
Posted by andrewz61 6 months ago
andrewz61

I think that my topic about DNA Profiling is important because what is there was a crime situation ? and the thief escaped ? What if DNA didn"t exist ? Well luckily we do have such a thing as DNA Profiling. So now let me give me you an example, so lets say there was a men that went in jewerly store that went in and just robbed your money and all the jewelry, but the person who is in charge of all that got hurt and didn"t remember anything. But people without realizing can leave behind a piece of their hair or a drop of their blood and police just take that and analyze it to find who the criminal was. Now lets say that this didn"t exist. I think that our environment would be less safer and would put our family in more risk because I think that if people didn"t know DNA existed people would rob more and hurt more this world. I think that DNA helps with getting the criminal so that they won"t be hurting anyone nor doing things that aren"t right. Now people think more and know what they are doing, and they know that if they do this they will either way get caught and know they are hurting other people. DNA Profiling is a really useful technology for even doing paternity and a lot of other tests that are needed that's and I'm glad that there is such a thing as DNA Profiling to help people and the police too.What is DNA Profiling ? What does