Master_Fallow
Toxifrost

Daedra VS Divine The elder scrolls series... 2

Started: 3/24/2015 Category: Games

Master_Fallow

Pro

Hello this is a restart after both me and Toxifrost missed the debate... So again I will be trying to prove without a doubt that the Daedra are superior to the Divines. I shall be looking at the Daedra's power/influence, their history and the players interactions.
Toxifrost

Con

I accept this challenge and am looking forward to a fun debate.
Master_Fallow

Pro

Master_Fallow forfeited this round.
Toxifrost

Con

Power In Terms of Ability

Now from the lore we know that in the begginning the divines or "aedra" combined their power to create the mortal realm of mundus however they were tricked and forced to stay there and therefore be mortal however they do not physically manifest themslves so whether or not they can be killed has yet to be proven. This being said we know from ESO that the Daedra cannot actually create realms. Some of them have "pockets" of oblivion that they call their own such as Sheograths Shivering Isles or Molag Bal's Coldharbour. However from going into Crows Watch we know that the Daedra cannot actually create they can only imitate and even then the imitations come out twisted and wretched. From this we can see that the divines have a distinct advantage in ability to actually create realms.

Power In Mundus

Now in the realm of Mundus it would seem that the Daedra are more powerful given their meddlings in the lives of mortals however this is not the case. In most of the situations it seems as though the Daedra require a cult or champion of some sort which they can sort of act through. They do not give them powers directly but rather guide them towards objects of power. This being said the divines seem to have more power in that they can directly intervene in the mortal realm through blessings and direct giving of power. Take the Oblivion Crisis for example in which Akatosh gave great strength to his champion in order to defeat Mehrune Dagon. A MORTAL HUMAN defeated what is supposed to be seen as GOD. If that doesn't demonstrate the power of the divines then I don't know what does.
Master_Fallow

Pro

Master_Fallow forfeited this round.
Toxifrost

Con

Toxifrost forfeited this round.
Master_Fallow

Pro

Master_Fallow forfeited this round.
Toxifrost

Con

I extend previous arguments.
Master_Fallow

Pro

Master_Fallow forfeited this round.
Toxifrost

Con

Vote con pro ff
Posted by ComradeNickie 2 years ago
ComradeNickie
Just setting up my lawnchair. Proced.