Dairy is unhealthy for human consumption

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

I propose that we have a debate over whether dairy is healthy for human bodies or whether it is unhealthy for human bodies. My opponent will have to convince me that dairy is healthy for human consumption. Round one will simply be accepting, so instead of the default three rounds, I put four.

Remember to have fun =)

Thanks for accepting :)

I will begin my debate at the source of dairy itself, which is baby food (milk!) for different kinds of animals! Calves drink cow milk, umm, whatever a baby goat is drinks his mother goat's milk, and on and on. Even humans make milk.

Now we have to think logically here. Who is cow's milk originally intended for? That's right (:D) cow's milk is intended for calves! It isn't made to be nutritious for us. It is made to be nutritious for a calf. There is quite difference between what the body of a calf requires to be healthy, and what the body of a human requires.

Oh and another thing is, look at all the lactose intolerant people! (scroll down and look at that chart for percentage of lactose intolerant people) I mean come on, with that many people who are lactose intolerant, it seems fishy right? It seems that the people who have low numbers of lactose intolerance are the people who got used to it from being widely used in diet.

Milk is high in saturated fat, which we don't really need any more of in today's diets. Maybe if you did have a very low saturated fat diet milk might help you out, but a big majority already eat enough saturated fat.

One of the major parts of milk that people see is the calcium content. And yes, it is true that milk has a lot of calcium. But so do green, leafy vegetables! It is a lot healthier to gain your calcium through calcium rich plants such as spinach.

Ok, so please post your side of the debate on why you think dairy is in fact, healthy for human consumption :)

I thank my opponent for a chance to debate this topic, now on with the debate.

My opponent argues that when a animal or person makes milk it is only good for the species of the maker. This is untrue, because there have been many cases of animal mothers taking in other baby animals that have lost their original parents. One such case is a dog giving a kitten milk.

Concerning the level lactose intolerant people, Studies show that most people who are lactose intolerant can handle some amounts of dairy products, such as yogurt and cheese [1].

Humans aslo need saturated fats from the time of birth to their second birthday. Saturated fats are needed in brain growth and developement.

My opponent also says that people can find calcium in other sources such as vegetibles. This is true, but milk contains other things which people need that vegetibles don't have in them. These specific things will be list in my contentions.

I will now proceed to my arguments.

My argument:

I will be proving that milk is in fact healthy.

Contention 1: What is in milk? [2]

Milk and milk products contain essential nutients such as:

~Vitamins A, D and B12
~Pantothenic acid.

With all these good healthy conents in Milk and dairy products. I say it is logical to say that milk is healthy.

Contention 2: What does milk do for people? [2]

Milk helps us in many ways, and I will list two of them.

1. Milk fights against a lot of diseases. Diseases which are can kill if not fought and cured. A few of these diseases are:

~ Osteoporosis
~Colon cancer
~Blood pressure
~Type 2 diabetes

2. Milk is good for fighting against tooth decay. Which for people who want to keep their teeth all of their lives is greatly

In conclusion, after refuting my opponents arguments, and giving tons of evedence it is clear that milk is in fact healthy.

DrewzZ forfeited this round.

Deathbeforedishonour forfeited this round.

DrewzZ forfeited this round.

Posted by PartamRuhem 5 years ago
There is so much for Con here, I am going to look forward to what pro has to say.
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago

I should have snatched it up...
Posted by brian_eggleston 5 years ago
Dairy products are bad for you...but you can get your daily recommended intake of protein by eating Eggleston's Ethical Enterprises' non-animal derived meat instead.
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Interesting... I may take this one... How long between rounds?
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: technically, DBD had the better argument, but both sides failed to actually engage in debate, making this pretty bad. DBD has closed his account, and DrewzZ simply didn't partisipate. I'm not sure which is worse, conduct wise.