Sophiesalvatore
Fictional-Reality

Dance Moms is cruel pressure and child abuse!

Started: 6/21/2013 Category: Sports

Sophiesalvatore

Pro

I thoroughly believe the TV show Dance Moms is unnecessary cruelty to children and restrains them from having normal lives.

Please accept my challenge, I dare you ;)
Fictional-Reality

Con

As one to never pass up a dare, I accept your challenge and look forward to fighting this uphill battle.
Good Luck
Sophiesalvatore

Pro

Thanks and good luck to you too!

I strongly belive that the tv show Dance Moms is cruel pressure and child abuse
~well i said this because often the moms go out of control,they will have shouting and swearing matches that are issued right in
front of the childs face! I think children should not have to witness that kind of horrible behaviour ecspecally from there own mothers. That attitude is affecting there picture of life and how to interact with other people. This show is broadcasting bad mothering and child abuse. Some of the moms like cathy also dare say that if there child took an intrest in anything other than danceing that she would slit her WRISTS! That is a terrible example of what the show is like right there.often some of the kids would start to mope like brooke wanting a normal teenage life or like mikenzie starting to cry under the moms yelling at her to do something silly like straighten your legs. The moms are incredibly competitive so much that it affects there danceing and personality.

I find it extremely sad that when chloe and Maddie grow up they are going to probebly be enemies but if they had not waisted there lives in gyms and in competions trying to beat each other they could have been friends. :(

Good luck and thank you again :)
Fictional-Reality

Con

Good luck to you too.

I strongly believe that the mothers of Dance Moms aren't putting cruel pressure and child abuse on the children there.

Children, especially young children, usually must be pushed and coaxed into doing something outside of video games and sitting on the coach watching tv. Children's minds at a young age are great for absorbing new information and to get them into something like dancing is very beneficial. It helps their physical and mental health as well as building a healthy for of competition as well as how to deal with both winning and losing.

This show could also be seen as something good for the actual moms. Yes, I agree that some of the mother's behaviors are too much and over the top, but sometimes it takes that people looking back in a third person sense; through the television, to see just HOW bad their behavior is. And from there they open the door into changing it. And for the children who truly hate it, or just can't stand the pressure, this after-the-fact look at how their behavior affects their child, also is something that opens the door for change for mothers.
Sophiesalvatore

Pro

Sophiesalvatore forfeited this round.
Fictional-Reality

Con

I really don't know what to say here. Since I'm con and my job is to disprove the thoughts of my opponent, and there are no thoughts to disprove, I think I'll stick to just restating my position in the parents are there to push these young minds to their full potentials while they're young and don't have life barreling down their throats.
Sophiesalvatore

Pro

Sophiesalvatore forfeited this round.
Fictional-Reality

Con

Well I guess that it has become painfully obvious that I have scared my opponent away.

Is there anything else to really say?
Posted by HostileBelief 3 years ago
HostileBelief
Must be that bad