rose11badwolf
GoOrDin

Dance is a sport

Started: 10/8/2015 Category: Arts

rose11badwolf

Pro

Dance is a sport! It requires you to physically exert yourself. Competitive dancers do compete, and on teams, so don't even try that argument. We have to memorize entire shows, all for entertainment. Sports players have to remember plays, and they have to do entire games. And dance is not just twirling on your tip toes. It is hard, even harder than a sport. Yes, it is an art, but it is just as hard as a sport. How come it can't be both?
GoOrDin

Con

I feel I am the bets qualified person to tackle such a difficult debate: so allow me to try. I'mma haul arse and start now:

Sports are 'played' in direct competition with other players.

dancing professionally is not an act of play.

It is an act of performing whether it be in a play or not.

If you can provide a valid sport which would woo me into admitting direct completion is not a credential of sport, (which is not guaranteed with every example available in the category of things uneducated people call "sports".)

thank you for bringing this up. I can't wait to hear your first arguments.
rose11badwolf

Pro

rose11badwolf forfeited this round.
GoOrDin

Con

Because My opponent has not returned to the topic since her initial, seemingly uncontestable stance on this topic, I will contribute my next argument.
- please if anyone can stand against her side of the debate, send the arguments in the comment thread. -

Dance is not a sport because all sports require there to be interaction between the person and an Object as the primary objective of the entire sport, in which there is an objective regarding what that object is used for. (Sport)

Dance, even with a hoola-hoop, or pole, is not dependant ont he object,
Sports are.

Dance is not a sport.

Trump Card played
Did I fool you in the comment thread?
rose11badwolf

Pro

rose11badwolf forfeited this round.
GoOrDin

Con

GoOrDin forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I nvr said gymnastics was a sport. and as a general topic of discussion it is not. Different variants of gymnastics can be sports and are. but typically, it is Gymnastics as a category - sports being a category.
Dance is a category in this sense. it is not a sport.

competitive dance is, just that, competitive dance. not a sport. why bother arguing?
Posted by ekaterina.manida 1 year ago
ekaterina.manida
Alright, and what object are gymnastics dependent on? Similarly to dance, objects are used in gymnastics, but gymnastics are not reliant on objects as there are types of gymnastics which can be executed without the use of said objects.

P.S. Gymnastics are an Olympic Sport.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
truep
Posted by hardcore_gamer9 1 year ago
hardcore_gamer9
saying dance is a sport would be like saying sex is a sport. just sayin.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
Gordon Nvr Looses a Debate. Not even in the Comment Thread!
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
Racing is not a Sport, it is a RaceBAMB BABY. I win.
Posted by Kyle_the_Heretic 1 year ago
Kyle_the_Heretic
The facts are that you never stated that dance is not competitive.

Implications and suggestions are not facts. When made absentmindedly, they can be fixed and forgiven. I have seen it occur in many debates.

I haven't seen any response from Pro, so that might be a moot point for this debate.

You dismiss offensiveness after accusing my father of treating my mother poorly. Ironic. By the way, I was raised by my step-father, who spoiled my mother rotten. They've both been dead for many years, but I imagine he still spoils her.

"Ps. my posts are all on our topic as a sub-topic of the debate; with perfect execution."

You admit that you can't get your debate right, and then claim "perfect execution" in these posts. Again, ironic.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
The debate IS not about what I say.

it is about facts.

and one of those facts is that, the implied statement was, I was suggesting Dance was not.
that was the message of the DIALOG.

Humans are fantastic, you can IMPLY things, and you can also accidently imply things, or show your true colours in doing so.
Watch how you argue. It is not about "what" you say, but the manner in which you say it.

Being offensive does not win or lose a debate, or a discussion, the context of the content does.

Ps. my posts are all on our topic as a sub-topic of the debate; with perfect execution.
Posted by Kyle_the_Heretic 1 year ago
Kyle_the_Heretic
Nothing you posted has anything to do with my last post. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Your comments are adolescent and rude.

You stated in the original comment, "clearly Dance can be competitive.." Now show me where you deny that in you first argument.

If you wanted to lose this debate intentionally, all you had to do was say so.

I suggest you get some therapy.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
If your stupid theology is how you thinks. That was a safe bet.
either that Or your a porn addicted