kyle9090
imabench

Daniel Bryan is awesome

imabench

kyle9090

Pro

Former World Heavy Weight Champion. Former boyfriend of AJ and current non-kayfabe boyfriend of one, if not both (who would know?), the Bella Twins. And the only wrestler to ever get 100 times over by losing in 18 seconds. YES! YES YES! YES! YES! YES!
imabench

Con

I will argue that Daniel Bryan is not awesome since Daniel Bryan is only famous for being good at a fake sport (WWE Wrestling)

Pro though must prove that Daniel Bryan is awesome

Other than that,

kyle9090

Pro

So, you believe that just because something is fake someone can't excel at it? If so, that's like saying Robert De Niro circa 1990 wasn't awesome because he pretended to fight people instead of actually doing it, which is beyond asinine. Although unlike an actor , a wrestler cannot request a redo because the segment came off poorly because he or she is on live TV. Unlike an actor, a current WWE wrestler has one day to memorize all his lines and the important spots in their match if they have one. Unlike an actor, wrestlers don't have an off-season. They're either traveling or working throughout the year. And last, but not least important, unlike an actor, wrestlers have to do their own stunts and don't have a special camera that makes it look better.

Anyway, what you're saying that Daniel Bryan isn't awesome because he's in an entertainment company that pretends to wrestle their opponent. There's all different sources of entertainment in this world. I'm not a fan of cheerleader, but that doesn't mean that somebody cannot be awesome in it because it's not a real sport. Seriously, your counterargument is extremely narrow-minded and shallow.
imabench

Con

"So, you believe that just because something is fake someone can't excel at it?"
No im saying that because someone can excel at a fake sport that doesnt make him awesome.... Throwing the remote control at my dog is a fake sport and i can excel at it but it doesnt make me awesome.

"Unlike an actor, a wrestler cannot request a redo because the segment came off poorly because he or she is on live TV"
But unlike actors, wrestlers suck at acting even more than pro actors which means that now Wrestlers are sucking at a fake sport, which is certainly not "Awesome"

"Unlike an actor, wrestlers don't have an off-season"
So now they can spend the entire year sucking at a fake sport? lovely.....

"And last, but not least important, unlike an actor, wrestlers have to do their own stunts"
You forget the part about how they have to do their own FAKE stunts..... See video above

"Anyway, what you're saying is that Daniel Bryan isn't awesome because he's in an entertainment company that pretends to wrestle their opponent."
Yeah, thats exactly what Im arguing. Your only argument about why Daniel Bryan came in the first round and I cant even understand what the heck you were trying to say. Daniel Bryan being good at a fake sport does not make him awesome, and you havent argued why it does.

"I'm not a fan of cheerleader"
I can tell youre not a fan because cheerleader isnt the name of it, its called cheerleading.

"I'm not a fan of cheerleader, but that doesn't mean that somebody cannot be awesome in it because it's not a real sport."
Name a famous cheerleader who is famous because she is limber and athletic and NOT because she has a massive butt....... I thought so

"Seriously, your counterargument is extremely narrow-minded and shallow."
That was an introduction round.......

WWE is obviously a fake sport, so off the back if a person is great at a fake sport that destroys their credibility. Second, WWE isnt exactly a respectable sport, any sport where somebody willingly dresses up like the sparkling fairy from Twilight certainly lacks respectability.

So here are the arguments about why Daniel Bryan isnt awesome
1) Barely anybody knows who he is
2) He is known primarily for excelling at a ridiculously fake sport
3) He looks ridiculous, not awesome
4) He isnt even that good

Yes I said it, Daniel Bryan isnt that good at WWE wrestling. How can I make this claim?
WrestleMania 28, the one that just happened. The very first round of Wrestlemania pitted Daniel Bryan against Sheamus. Guess how the match went?

Daniel Bryan lost after 18 seconds.......

So yeah, I hate to break it to you but Daniel Bryan is famous in a fake sport, almost nobody knows who he is, at times he looks like a sparkly twilight vampire, and he SUCKS at a FAKE sport.

That is all for now :)

kyle9090

Pro

The main objection of a match is to entertain the crowd and trust me, being able to get an entire crowd of anywhere between 20,000-70,000 people into something is very hard. Plus, wrestlers, while they're trying to entertain the crowd, also have to be on the same page. In wrestling, timing and pacing is almost everything because the main purpose of wrestling is for the matches to look as real as possible so wrestling fans can suspend their disbelif.

So yes, while they're trying to get the crowd into their match, they are telling each other what they're going to do while wrestling. If you only had a brain in your head to comprehend this, you would understand that's far from easy.

The purpose of wrestling is not to hurt your opponent, but sometimes the risks they take are hard to not become hurt from.

For example:

I believe that's a little more complicated than faking throwing a remote at your dog.

I also don't believe you've show any evidence proving that actors are better at acting than wrestlers you just said that. I Even though I agee, you never backed up your opinion as to why they are. But don't worry, I'm going to show you why wrestlers are good actors themselves, especially for never taken an acting class in their life.

Now, look at his facial expressions, mannerisms,perfect tone in his voice and delivery on the mic and tell me that's not good acting. That doesn't sound contrived and as if he's reading off a script. That's strong, believable emotion. Please tell me in a straight face that's not good acting.

Futhermore, in that picture, Daniel Bryan is fooling around. Many athletes do certain things that hurt their credibility much more than Bryan just fooling around with fans. If that's the most dirt you have on him that's going to hurt his credbility, you aren't trying that hard.

Bryan is awesome because he has great psychology, knows how to sell properly, has an amazing ability to tell a story in the ring, an ability to have the crowd in the palm of his hands, knows when, where and why to do something in context to the story he's telling in the ring, and most importantly, his passion and heart for wrestling is off the charts.

Wait, you tell me how wrestling is fake, but yet you should me a fake wrestling match where Daniel Bryan losses in 18 seconds as it that proves he sucks when the matches are FAKE. It's not like he really lost to Sheamus. He was booked to lose to Sheamus. And even though he lost to Sheamus, he got over with the crowd a lot more because even when he's not wrestling, they chant "yes" in reference to Daniel Bryan and chant his name.

I'm done talking. Allow Brock Lesnar to tell you.

Oh wait, he must be lying, right!? Give me a break.

Never has a wrestler gotten this over with the crowd after losing an 18 second match. Not even Hogan, Austin, Rock, Flair, or any other of the great wrestler. So yes, that makes him awesome because no other wrestler has become that popular with the crowd by losing in such little time.
imabench

Con

"So yes, while they're trying to get the crowd into their match, they are telling each other what they're going to do while wrestling. If you only had a brain in your head to comprehend this, you would understand that's far from easy."
So telling your opponent what your going to do next is supposed to be difficult? A 4 year old could do that and the personal attack isnt needed.

"The purpose of wrestling is not to hurt your opponent, but sometimes the risks they take are hard to not become hurt from. For example: I believe that's a little more complicated than faking throwing a remote at your dog."
So the sport that is meant to be entertaining by having people hurt each other.... Is meant to not hurt each other.... And the example you give is a semantics argument based on an argument I made for something different. The throwing a remote at my dog was a humorous example of why being good at a fake sport doesnt qualify you as being awesome, and the Pro has yet to give a reason of why it does.

"I also don't believe you've show any evidence proving that actors are better at acting than wrestlers you just said that"
See the video in the last round and the one listed in this round

" I'm going to show you why wrestlers are good actors themselves, especially for never taken an acting class in their life."
Funny story because they actually do take acting classes.....
http://www.pwinsider.com...
http://www.ehow.com...
http://en.allexperts.com...

So yeah, WWE wrestlers do take acting classes.

" look at his facial expressions, mannerisms,perfect tone in his voice and delivery on the mic and tell me that's not good acting."
Thats all just your warped opinion of him though......

"That doesn't sound contrived and as if he's reading off a script"
Funny thing about that, they do read off scripts, see the links under where they also had to take acting classes

" If that's the most dirt you have on him that's going to hurt his credbility, you aren't trying that hard."
Pro concedes that Daniel Bryan looks like a sparkly fairy vampire while in the ring. Im not trying to get dirt on him im saying that he isnt very credible since he looks like an idiot, and I showed how he does look stupid and you conceded that he does do things that makes him look stupid. Im not here to run a smear campaign I showed why I dont think hes awesome and instead of defending him you just ask for more pictures of him.

"Bryan is awesome because he has great psychology,
Unproven opinion
knows how to sell properly,
At a fake sport that has its members have to take acting classes
has an amazing ability to tell a story in the ring,
At a fake sport where all matches are scripted beforehand
an ability to have the crowd in the palm of his hands,
Anybody too dumb to realize they just paid $50 to watch a fake sport live is somebody who can be easily deceived.
knows when, where and why to do something in context to the story he's telling in the ring,
Because it was written down in the script....
and most importantly, his passion and heart for wrestling is off the charts."
When he isnt getting his a** kicked in 18 seconds in title matches.....

"Wait, you tell me how wrestling is fake, but yet you should me a fake wrestling match where Daniel Bryan losses in 18 seconds as it that proves he sucks when the matches are FAKE"
Yeah, because he is losing that fast in a sport that is fake that certainly does not make him awesome.....

"It's not like he really lost to Sheamus. He was booked to lose to Sheamus."
And he did it in 18 seconds, which is sad in any sport real or fake, scripted or not.
For the record I think the Pro just conceded that WWE is fake.

"I'm done talking. Allow Brock Lesnar to tell you. Oh wait, he must be lying, right!? Give me a break."
Brock Lesnar doesnt mention Daniel Bryan once, he only talks about how physical WWE is and doesnt praise Daniel Bryan or anything. As far as we know Brock Lesnar could believe that Daniel Bryan is the worst WWE wrestler ever.

For the record, Brock Lesnar is credible because he is good at a sport that is NOT WWE, but at MMA, a REAL sport....

"that makes him awesome because no other wrestler has become that popular with the crowd by losing in such little time."
So now your argument about why he is awesome......... Is because people pity him for getting his a** whipped that fast....... Thats not being awesome thats just sad.

Reasons why Daniel Bryan is not awesome
1) Barely anybody knows who he is (Pro conceded this)
2) He is known primarily for excelling at a ridiculously fake sport (Even the Pro concedes WWE is fake)
3) He is only good at a sport that makes wrestlers take acting classes where all matches are scripted
3) He looks ridiculous, not awesome or respectable (Pro concedes this and instead only asks that I get more ridiculous pictures of him)
4) He isnt even that good
5) The sport requires almost zero skill since everything is rehearsed
6) He has lost title matches in less than 20 seconds (Pro claims it doesnt count even though it does)
7) Everything that the Pro is praising him for is based off of his own opinion
8) Daniel Bryan was fired from WWE back in 2010 (http://www.wwe.com...)

So I dont see how Daniel Bryan is "awesome" And I believe that he is not awesome for the points stated above
Vote Placed by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
kyle9090imabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: "No im saying that because someone can excel at a fake sport that doesnt make him awesome" Is the line con won this debate with