bschnoz
GOAT_23_6

Daredevil, The Man with No Fear vs Batman, The Dark Knight

bschnoz

Pro

I will be Pro for Daredevil taking this one.
1st Round will be Introductions
2nd Round will be Your Statement
3rd Round will be Rebuttals
4th Round will be Closing Statements
GOAT_23_6

Con

I will accept your challenge. My name is Kody Coleman and although I do not specialize in SuperHero debates, I feel like I can win this one! I can't wait to see your side!
bschnoz

Pro

Matt Murdock was living in Hell's Kitchen with his father Jack Murdock, who happened to be a boxer. When he saw an old man about to be hit by a truck, he saved him, but as a result, chemicals being stored in the truck splashed into Matt's eyes causing him to go blind. Although he lost his sight, his other senses being strengthened to superhuman levels. When his father was killed, Matt vowed to serve justice and became a lawyer by day, and the vigilante Daredevil by night.

Superpowers:
Daredevil has incredibly strong senses, so much so that he is able to fight crime without his sight. He has a radar sense, enabling him to fight arguably better than most people with their eyesight. These senses can detect movement, and can discern even very quiet noises from very far away. He can even use these senses to determine if someone is lying by listening to their heartbeat.

Skills:
Daredevil is a master of martial arts. His combat style is a mix of many martial arts, including jujitsu, ninjitsu, kung fu, aikido, and boxing, along with his acrobatics. These are all enhanced by his radar sense, predicting moves, and dodging with his heightened reflexes. He also is a master of his primary weapon, the billy club.

Tools:
Daredevil uses a specially designed billy club disguised as a blind man's cane. It has a cable connecting both ends, and the ends can be launched using a spring mechanism. He uses it for hand to hand combat, and throwing, including ricocheting the ends off of walls to throw off his opponents. This weapon, in addition to his heightened senses and reflexes, make him a reckoned with. Daredevil also wears a suit with protection from hand to hand blows and knives, but it isn't very practical against firearms or explosives.

Weaknesses:
Daredevil, despite all his superhuman traits, is still a man, and is vulnerable to anything a normal human is. In addition however, his heightened senses make him susceptible to extremely loud noises, or very overpowering smells.

These traits combined make Daredevil the clear victor in a battle with Batman.

I'm going to establish the battlegrounds here.
A warehouse, with over hanging lights, and boxes and shelves all around (Ala Home Depot, Lowes, etc)
I believe this to be a fair sight for both combatants, as they have very similar advantages in this environment.
GOAT_23_6

Con

Living under his secret identity, Bruce Wayne didn't have the same life as Daredevil. Wayne was born into the riches, taking over his dad's company, Wayne Enterprises. Wayne's mother and father were both killed when he was just a young boy, so he had to live his life with no father or mother to watch over him. He studied criminology, forensics, and criminal psychology, and learned from manhunters and martial artists, mastering every fighting style. He kept a vow to keep Gotham safe forever.

Superpowers (skills):
Unlike most SuperHeros, Batman lacks what they all have; Superpowers. Now, just because Batman doesn't have Superpowers, doesn't mean he doesn't have any skills. He uses his intellect, detectives skills, physical prowess, and like Daredevil, mastered martial arts.

Tools:
This is probably Batman's main catergory. Batman has so many cool, effective, and advanced tools, that the badguys have no match. He has a finger taser, a collapsible Bat-Sword, freeze grenades, computerized Batarang (boomerang), magnetic Batarang, handheld rocket boosters, EMP Gun/Remote Electrical charge gun, remote-controlled Batarang, gas pellets, cryptographer sequencer, pneumatic mangler (metal tearer), cloaking device, line launcher (rope hang), electric Batarand, ear microphone (for Arthur to talk to him on), tranquilizers, cell phone sonar device, bat tracer, glider wings, rebreather (even though it wouldn't do anything for him in this battle ~ Under water breathing), Batman's Utility Belt, Batmobile remote control, batsuit taser, bat bomb, bat cuffs, power armour, gauntlets, and cowl lenses (x-ray, night vision, and thermal vision).

Weaknesses:
Alike Daredevil, Batman is still human, albeit a near perfect one though. He still requires food and sleep. His batsuit was designed to fight crime, so this is why I chose to defend Batman. His suit can defend himself against Daredevil. Batman has a very hard time fighting against ranged fighters. He likes face-to-face battles.

In my opinion, Daredevil has no defense against Batman and that is why Batman wins this battle.
bschnoz

Pro

Alright, now for arguments.
Let's get this elephant out of the room right away, Batman's main advantage (stealth) is useless against Daredevil. Daredevil has been shown to sense even the slightest disturbances (even being able to predict Nightcrawler's teleporting by sensing the miniscule changes in air pressure), and with his blindness, even darkness wouldn't be a hinderance.
You mentioned Batman's weakness to ranged combat, which is a major part of Daredevil's battle strategy. He can throw his billy clubs with enough force to break bone, and even kill if he wants to. No matter how much armor Batman has, he leaves his mouth and jaw exposed, which could lead to some major damage in those areas.
Daredevil has been shown to easily dodge blows from superhuman opponents, something that will play into account against Batman. He can even dodge bullets, and Batman has no projectile that can even go nearly as fast as a bullet. I believe that Batman wouldn't even be able to touch Daredevil, must less land a serious blow.
The way I see the battle playing out would be Batman immediately going to turn out the lights, not knowing Daredevil is blind, hoping to capitalize on his stealth capabilities. Even though this would typically give an advantage against normal opponents, Daredevil has even MORE of an advantage in this scenario. He could rapidly throw his billy clubs from afar, or even try his luck against Batman in hand to hand combat.
I believe that in every scenario, Daredevil has the advantage. He can easily avoid blows from superhumans, making a mere man like Batman useless against him. None of Batman's gadgets give a specific advantage against Daredevil. No one, including Batman, knows that Daredevil is blind, so he wouldn't know to use a sonic grenade or something of that degree, and I believe that even if he COULD figure it out, the fight would be over by then, and Daredevil would be victorious.
GOAT_23_6

Con

You say that it is useless against Daredevil, but with Batman's arsenal of tools, nothing is useless. Your telling me that freeze grenades would do nothing to Daredevil? And he leaves the mouth and jaw open, but who's to say Batman doesn't dodge the throws of his billy clubs because of Batman's advanced technologies, he can see that he is going to throw them and counter them in any way he wants. Whethere it blocking the clubs with his gauntlets or even using his cape to block them. Batman is practically invisible, besides to fire and electricity or other superpowers.

Batman has too many tools that Daredevil would not be expecting.

This is how I see the battle playing out:

Batman would be listening to Arthur in the ear peice he has, and Arthur would have looked up who Daredevil is, in the state-of-the-art computers that they have. Now, Arthur would report to Batman that Daredevil is blind and has a great sense of where things are. Daredevil only knows where things are by the supersonic hearing that he has, so Batman would take advantage and use his intelligence to his advantage. Batman would turn of the lights, and use his cowl lenses to see in the dark. He would then throw one of his Batarangs behind Daredevil, knocking something over, causing him to turn around and then bam, Batman shoots Daredevil with the tranquilizer and it's over. Because then, Daredevil would wake up cuffed to a pole inside the warehouse, not knowing what happened. It's not fair to fight against Batman.
Posted by StonedDragon69 1 year ago
StonedDragon69
At the end batman can knock something over behind daredevil ... But like pro said he is able to detect even changes in the air therefore he would be able to figure out where it came from and would not be fooled by it
Posted by bschnoz 1 year ago
bschnoz
I'm sorry, but I had to point out a few flaws in Con's final argument. First off, it will be dark, Batman does not have super night vision that allows him to detect relatively small objects being thrown at his face at high velocities. Also, no one knows that Daredevil is blind, therefore the ALFRED couldn't have known, no matter how advanced his computer. Con obviously doesn't even know the basics of his own character, nor the basics of Daredevil, thus rendering any argument he has put up, utterly flawed.
Posted by bschnoz 1 year ago
bschnoz
I have no idea why it posted my argument in Round 4, I guess it was either a glitch, or we didn't post Round 3 fast enough. Either way, just roll with it and post your argument.
Posted by Dragonfang 1 year ago
Dragonfang
Batman got PIS factor, convenient gadgets, and a powersuit that allows him to fight superman villains. But I am interested to see how this debate goes.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 1 year ago
Adam_Godzilla
Although I gotta admit, this is hard to debate.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 1 year ago
Adam_Godzilla
Godamnit, I wanted to be pro :(