ElloGovna12
PolitcsMaster

Darren Wilson and the actions preceding the death of Michael Brown

ElloGovna12

Pro

I am a strong believer that Darren Wilson did his job on the day of Michael Brown's death. I will not present my entire argument right now, but I would like to hear from a person who believes that Officer Wilson should have been indicted. Thanks.
PolitcsMaster

Con

I believe that Wilson used unnecessary force on the day of Brown's death, and I accept your challenge.
ElloGovna12

Pro

ElloGovna12 forfeited this round.
PolitcsMaster

Con

PolitcsMaster forfeited this round.
ElloGovna12

Pro

ElloGovna12 forfeited this round.
PolitcsMaster

Con

PolitcsMaster forfeited this round.
Posted by KhaosMage 2 years ago
KhaosMage
So, is this a debate about whether Wilson should have been indicted?
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
So @cwt002 thanks for your opinion! Here is suplemental reading if you wish to explore the correlation between race, police brutality, and indictment.

http://www.cnn.com...

http://www.cnn.com...

http://www.motherjones.com...

http://www.nydailynews.com...

There is debate over the statistical evidence and its sources due to the police not filing reports on fatal deaths. This then raises the question why don't they?

@ElloGovna12 I hope that you are enlightened by my opinion. I will be glad to offer my opinion on anything else.
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
Once again this is a difference of opinion, and I do not debate opinions. So I will grant you your opinion. And it doesn't matter what race Trayvons' Killer was the system in its self is flawed, which I clearly illustrated with the Trayvon Martin case. "if Mike Brown was not a criminal it would have never happened. But sadly he was someone who was violent and broke the law which resulted in his death." Everyone loves to say this bit. There are whites who are also "violent criminals". Are they killed as often as black people. by the police? Even when cases of armed white men are reported, are they slaughtered right off the bat? Or are they reasoned with? The social stigma that is still inherently connected with dark skin is prevalent in our society and not acknowledging this results obviously the oppression of these people. And The many deaths of unarmed black people, police brutality, lynchings etc. that happen in this modern day "make it sound like there are big bad whites out there hurting or hunting the innocent blacks." Evidently because there are.

But then again I am offering an OPINION to op.

Thinking like this:
"Also, your logic says that the officer should not have killed Mike because he was unarmed. But if he was attacking the officer, then shooting Brown was a viable option.....right."

... is exactly why deaths of people like Mike Brown keep happening, with police brutality .etc
Sure it was an option but I'm just pointing out that the option is less likely to be explored with white people armed or unarmed . Here are some articles to consider.

http://madamenoire.com...

http://slog.thestranger.com...

Sure things have improved and sure things are not perfect. Injustice is un acceptable, but hey, that is just the nature of the system. People should keep treating America critically becau
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
@AFism probably the only thing you said that was right is it should not have happened. You are right, if Mike Brown was not a criminal it would have never happened. But sadly he was someone who was violent and broke the law which resulted in his death. Initially, we must say due to varying and opposing eye witnesses accounts they must be eliminated because the truth can not be found. Therefore, forensic evidence must be used. The evidence supports the Officer for example.
-"Based upon the positioning of the wounds, the entrance and exits and then re-entrance, based upon all of that and the right arm wounds, it"s just inconsistent with him having his hands up. Koblinsky added, "there"s also blood, Michael Brown"s blood on the gun, and there"s also Michael Brown"s tissue on the outside of the driver"s side door. When you put all of that together, it really fits with a struggle that took place inside the vehicle. And again, it supports the story of the police officer rather than the eyewitness testimony." Lawrence Koblinsky (studied Biology and Forensic DNA since 1969).

Other evidence supports this claim as well.

Also, your logic says that the officer should not have killed Mike because he was unarmed. But if he was attacking the officer, then shooting Brown was a viable option.....right.

Also, you show your ignorance in some of your statements "just like the police officer that killed Trayvon martin killed his job." The man that killed Trayvon on a neighborhood watch team and was not white but Hispanic.

Finally, come on you make it sound like there are big bad whites out there hurting or hunting the innocent blacks. This is not always the case people need to stop treating America like its their great grand parents America. Are things perfect...no, close..maybe not, but things are improving and have improved.
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
As far as indictment goes, I obviously do think he should be indicted. But, clearly, the justice system does not not enforce justice for all. So, since this system is inherently against them, no he should not have been indicted. Its against the American way, the nature of this justice system and constitution. I, am one of the few who are against this kind of injustice though, so I will venture to say that the situation should've never happened. But I understand the nature of this society, and justice system, and I unfortunately see why there will never be justice for people like Mike Brown, because there are people like you that obviously believe that this system has no faults because the system was built for you.
Posted by AFism 2 years ago
AFism
Okay This shouldn't be a debate. I see that you are seeking an opinion so I will offer mine. The Michael Brown incident is the manifestation of institutionalized racism and police brutality- two ailments that black people have been struggling with for some generations. No one is completely sure what exactly happened, but it doesn't matter if he was stealing or not, the police officer shouldn't have shot him, especially since the boy was unarmed. The deeply rooted fear of black males in America, I feel, heavily influenced the officers choice. And you are right, he was doing his job and you are also right about the fact that he shouldn't get indicted. Why? Because this system, this system based on white supremacy, this country that was built on the backs of Mike browns ancestors, unfortunate doesn't serve people like Mike Brown. So, in this context, knowing the history of this country, knowing that the police system was modeled after slave patrols, and understanding how police officers are trained today, I will grant you your opinion. Because you are right. He did his job! Just like the other police officer that killed Eric Garner did his job, just like the police officer that killed Trayvon martin killed his job. Rumain Brisbon, Tamir Rice, Akai Gurley, Kajieme Powell, Ezell Ford, Dante Parker, John Parker, Victor White, Yvette Smith, McKenzie Cochran, Jordan Baker and many more documented and undocumented. All of these Black people, men and women, between the ages of 12 and 47, unarmed and slaughtered. So you are exactly right because one of the main jobs of the police is evidently not to serve and protect, well atleast not black people. For them, their job is to neutralize the "target" or the threat" or jail them. By any means necessary. Because America has prisons to fill, money to make, and taxes to collect and a whole race of people to exploit.