sonofzapp
CiRrO

Darth Bane's "Rule of Two" was a better sith philosiphy then Darth Krayt's "Rule of One."

sonofzapp

Pro

Hey CiRrO, I noticed you were into the whole sith scene and I figured you'd be one of the few on thid site to know about this topic. Even though your a Republican, Catholic, which is like my polar opposite in every way, I thik we'd make good friends in reality. I hope you accept my challenege on this debate.

Darth Bane's Ro2 is a much greater philosiphy then Krayt's Ro1. The sith are all about secrecy, cunning, and minipulation. They had been like this as long as most sith can remember and Bane took that to the next level with his Ro2 philosiphy, because it demamded that a sith be more cunning and deceptive then ever. Darth Krayt completely screwed all that up when he created his Ro1 with his new sith order. Considering the damage the Republic had sustained from the clone wars, the galactic civil war, and the yuuzhan vong war, taking a more political approach like Sidious, would have been eaiser then starting an all new order to destroy the republic.

Sith had been following the Ro2 since [roughly] 1050 BBY to 130 ABY and had been doing just fine ever since. Even Krayt's holocrons of Bane and Andeddu [or something like that] scolded him for abolishing their order. The reson Bane began this order was because in the past the sith were too stagnant and disorganized. Examples like how Malak betreyed Revan and began a war that shook the foundations of the galaxy, Nihlus and Sion betreyed Traya, and the great hyperspace wars, are testemant to this fact. The sith were too random, too spread out, and bore too many conflicting beliefs, and desires. Not only that but the many sith adepts and troopers that served beneth them made waging war with each other that much eaiser. Banes order made these problems a thing of the past, but with Darth Krayt's rule all of that was compromised.

Thats all I have to say for now. I'm saving the rest of my argument for the rest of the debate, assuming my opponant accepts.
CiRrO

Con

I look forward to this debate with you. ^^ I'm glad another Sith fan is out there.

"The sith are all about secrecy, cunning, and minipulation."

--> That depends on the group of sith at the time. E.g. Yes, I would say that the Sith Triumvirate was mostly built on secrecy. However, Revan's Sith Empire was not. He used conversions and war to spread his empire, not assassination.

"it demamded that a sith be more cunning and deceptive then ever."

--> Not necessarily. The Ro2 only limited this because only the master and apprentice got stronger, while the sith adepts, minions, marauders, and sub-lords fainted in power. The Ro1 was made to strengthen the Sith group entirely, not just 2 people. By exercising full power, they can work on expanding the empire, while all the minions are under the DLS's thumb.

"The reson Bane began this order was because in the past the sith were too stagnant and disorganized. Examples like how Malak betreyed Revan and began a war that shook the foundations of the galaxy, Nihlus and Sion betreyed Traya, and the great hyperspace wars, are testemant to this fact. The sith were too random, too spread out, and bore too many conflicting beliefs, and desires."

--> The Ro1 would have worked better in this circumstance. With only 1 ruling, then it creates stability within the empire. Your argument can be used against the Ro2 because there was always destabilization because rulers were being dethroned all the time. E.g. Revan and Malak. If Revan had used the Ro1, he probably would have survive the Jedi boarding party, and would have destroyed the Republic. (Yay ^^)

Argument:

"Instead of two there is now only one—the Sith Order itself. I have recreated the Sith, Lord Bane, as you once did. I have given it a purpose. For what use is power without one?" - Darth Kryat

--> Absolute Loyalty to the DLS
--> Reducing the chance of many sith teachings all at once
--> Easier to create an empire
--> the Ro1 had more followers because the Ro2 led to too many killings which was the cause of sith destabilization.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen
sonofzapp

Pro

sonofzapp forfeited this round.
CiRrO

Con

Extend my arguments and rebuttal.
sonofzapp

Pro

sonofzapp forfeited this round.
CiRrO

Con

Extend my arguments.

Vote Placed by Patrick_Henry 9 years ago
Patrick_Henry
sonofzappCiRrOTied