Ron-Paul
MasterKage

Darth Maul is better than Darth Revan

Ron-Paul

Pro

The first round is for acceptance only.
MasterKage

Con

Accepted.

Pro state your arguments.
Ron-Paul

Pro

Darth Maul:
Point 1: The only one of two Siths to kill a jedi in the 6 movies.

Point 2: Being an apprentice does not mean one is less trained than a lord. I could give you dozens of real life examples of this.

Darth Revan:
Point 1: Isn't even in the movies.

Point 2: Doesn't kill anyone.

Point 3: Establishes his own "fake" Sith empire with him as the leader.
MasterKage

Con

==Refutations==

Darth Maul:
Point 1: The only one of two Siths to kill a Jedi in the 6 movies.

Obviously we aren't strictly using the six movies as the source material for this debate. We are using Star Wars movies, books, game, ect. It wouldn't make sense to using the movies as source material, considering Darth Revan makes no appearance in any of the six movies.

An apprentice is defined as an inexperienced person, thus a sith lord is much more experienced than a sith apprentice. A sith lord has much more knowledge and training that a sith apprentice. Besides, Revan had much more training than Maul. Maul had training only in the dark side of the force, whereas Revan was taught both Jedi and Sith techniques. Also, Maul's only master with whom he trained with was Darth Sidious. Darth Revan trained with countless Jedi masters, such as Zhar, Dorak, and Master Kae. Of course, these three are only are small amount of the many Jedi masters Revan trained under. Revan also trained at Trayus Academy [2], which is an academy for Sith usrs.

Darth Revan:
Point 1: Isn't even in the movies.

Once again, we aren't only using the Star Wars movie, since Darth Revan makes no appearance in any of the six Star Wars movies.

Point 2: Doesn't kill anyone.

This is completely false. To counter this all I need to do is give evidence of one person Revan has killed.
"In the final battle of the Mandalorian Wars, Revan single-handedly killed Mandalore in single combat." This is directly from the Star Wars Wiki(Wookieepedia). Obviously my opponent's claim that Darth Revan did not kill anyone is false.

I'm unsure as to why my opponent called off Darth Revan's empire was "fake". He was powerful enough to control the empire by himself.

Hopefully my opponent can elaborate on all of his arguments next round.

==Sources==

[1] http://starwars.wikia.com...
[2] http://starwars.wikia.com...
Ron-Paul

Pro

Point 1: There can be no direct, official proof that proves that Maul is better than Revan, or the Revan is better than Maul. It is simply a matter of one's opinion. Unlike politics, there is little to differentiate between the two. Revan may have killed Mandalore and Maul may have killed Qui Gon, but one cannot tell either one defeat is better than the other.

Point 2: Revan had more training than Maul. But does that make him a better Jedi or Sith. Depends. I mean Darth Sidious could know more than any other Jedi or Sith. Or, Sidious's teachings only scratched the surface. Maul and Revan never fought one-on-one. There is no direct way to prove that one would kill the other. Only assumptions.

Point 3: Cons facts certainly place Revan over Maul. But it is still a matter of debate whether which one would get killed in a fight.

Point 4: I now see what a stupid debate this is. Not on the grounds that Con has wiped me off the table, but on the grounds that all of this whole debate depends on one's opinion. There are no facts. This is a fictional story. There are no reliable sources or overwhelming conclusion that would sway this debate one side or the other.

Point 5: Star Wars books only give us limited knowledge. Unlike in the real world where statistics can prove a point, the books and movies only provided us with a certain amount of knowledge. Anything beyond what is said in the books or movies is just an assumption. There could be a factor that has not been counted in that would be crucial in this debate.

==Conclusion==

This debate only has a small, finite amount of information to draw upon. There is still a lot of information from both characters that would be warranted knowing.

This debate is solely one's opinion. There can never be one statistic or phrase that will prove anyone's side right or wrong, and not even enough to sway the debate to one side or the other.

I realize now that trying to debate this with you is useless. The voters do not have anything to draw upon. The debate hasn't swayed to one side or the other.
MasterKage

Con

My opponent believes this debate to purely opinionated. Me and my opponent have decided, over account wall chat, that it would be in the best interest to cancel this debate. I'm not sure if my opponent will allow the voters to decide the winner based on the arguments made prior to this round. If not, I'll request the voter simply make it a tie.
Ron-Paul

Pro

Again, voters, I believe this is highly opinionated with little evidence to sway to either side. I agree. We should cancel this debate. I will go ahead and suggest that the voters make this a tie.
MasterKage

Con

Alright, voters please make it a tie then
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For MasterKage: Good point.
Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
BDE is a troll.
Posted by Ron-Paul 5 years ago
Ron-Paul
For BestDebaterEver: I started asking that when I was thinking about what I should post for Round 3. Hence my post.
Posted by BestDebaterEver 5 years ago
BestDebaterEver
they both suck why would you even have this debate
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
con why accept the tie...jk
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
D@MN! lol
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
either one could have lost or one. I voted for con as you said I could.
Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
Hey, it wasn't me. Pro was the one who thought it was purely opinion and wanted to cancel.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
No way you could prove that Revan would win?!!?!? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM????!!?!

................ You have failed us all MasterKage.....(shuns)
Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
@16kadams

Feel free to make the voting however you wish. I could really care less, this was such a disappointing debate. I wish it would have went all the way through.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
Ron-PaulMasterKageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Extremely disappointing. There was more than enough evidence for either side to present a coherent case. As it went, Con had this won but amazingly agreed to a tie. Shame.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Ron-PaulMasterKageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tie!
Vote Placed by tvellalott 5 years ago
tvellalott
Ron-PaulMasterKageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pfft. Con won this, but at his request I won't vote. Maul, better than Revan? Don't make me laugh.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
Ron-PaulMasterKageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con said vote as I wish so I did. I will not do arguments, but pro conceded. So am listening to con.