The_DRG
Ariesx

DarthBane from the extended Star wars universe was the strongest sith lord

Ariesx

The_DRG

Pro

For my debate I will argue that Darth Bane of the Darth Bane trilogy as part of the extended Star Wars universe. He himself alone revived the Rule of two where two people are involved rather than a hole community. One the master will have the power and the student to crave it in order for the student to take on a true apprentice they must slay their master. This is where i will leave my opponent to argue.
Ariesx

Con

Thank you for starting this debate. I believe that Darth Bane is very overrated. I think that Darth Sidious would be able to defeat Bane. I will rest my evidence in the next round. I believe that Darth Vader was the most effective at killing Jedi.
The_DRG

Pro

In the book Darth Plague's forgive me if I spelled it wrong. Darth Sideous is trained by his master and they believed in the rule of two which bane revived and follow n the legendary banes footsteps. Bane himself killed a hole army of Jedi and sith with the force. That alone was more than sideous could have done sure sideous did raise one of the most impressive siths Darth Vader but you forget what sideous did to even become a master. Darth Sideous killed his master plagueis but he did this only by drugging the man. if plagueis was at his full strength sideous would have been slain where he stood. Further more Darth Bane was able to withstand orbalisks the same thing that had killed thousands of previous force users before because of the extreme pain they cause his force was strong enough to withstand there pain. with Bane being a mediate in the force at the time this occurred not to mention his intelligence. this man read alot of holocrons of ancient sith destroyed the sith. that had him outnumbered thousands to 1. He also trained a padawan hat was able to kill him. He was trained by one of the best swordsmen ever.
Ariesx

Con

Sorry for the late response:
My opponent's only points were that Bane could kill Jedi with the force. He also notes that Bane was very well-read, and experienced. This could also be a debate in where it turns into a nature vs nurture debate. I think that Darth Sidious is naturally in tune with the Dark Side, and Bane is more well-read. But, that does not matter.
Force Abilities. Note that Sidious was never betrayed by his former apprentices. Vader did betray him, but he died in the process. The Sith Code makes it clear that when the apprentice is ready, he should betray his master. Dooku, Maul, and Vader never dared to do this. Count Dooku has noted that Sidious was basically a dark side incarnate. He was a living incarnation of the dark side. Darth Vader never tried to kill Sidious in canon sources, because Sidious would overwhelm him. Sidious was very experienced in force lightning. In fact, he forgot about his lightsaber just because he was confident in his force abilities. Sidious was able to force choke 2 mandolorians at a time. In Revenge of the Sith, he is seen throwing pods at Yoda. His force abilities were that strong in a duel. He was experienced at electrocuting people when they had not lightsaber. Now, in order for Sidious to get Bane without a lightsaber, he would need to find a way to outmaneuver him.

Lightsaber Skills: Sidious was an extremely fast duelist. He was able to top Darth Maul and Savage Opress in a duel. Darth Sidious defeated both extremely skilled duelists in a matter of minutes. He even beat Darth Maul in a matter of seconds. Darth Maul was also at the peak of his rage in this duel. Sidious was still able to defeat him, and then electrocute him till he was unconscious. Sidious was also able to top Yoda. The Master of the Jedi Order. SIdious and him engaged in a duel though eventually led into a force battle. Sidious also was confronted by 3-4 Jedi Masters. One of the Jedi masters had defeated General Grievious. That master was stabbed slowly by Sidious. Sidious killed the other two masters in seconds, and engaged in a long duel with Windu. Bane would eventually be over-powered by Sidious's fast and unpredictable swings.

Bane's killing of Jedi: Those Jedi that Bane killed with the force were probably horrible Jedi. They must have not had a good force shield. We are talking about sith lords. Darth Sidious can not force choke Bane, and Bane can not force choke Darth Sidious.

With all of that evidence, I can safely say that it is fact that Darth Sidious was the stronger Sith Lord.
Darth Sidious's IQ was probably 50 points higher than Bane's.
The_DRG

Pro

The_DRG forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Con

This was a quick win
Posted by The_DRG 1 year ago
The_DRG
When i was composing my debate i could not log in for some reason there fore i had to forfeit maybe we can debate another time
Vote Placed by FlamboGus 1 year ago
FlamboGus
The_DRGAriesxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited turn, and better, more well thought out arguments by Con