Verita
PaulCabal

Darwinian evolution is not a theory nor science...it is a religious belief

Verita

Con

I will be arguing that Darwinian evolution resembles more of a religious belief than science. I will not be arguing the factual validity or merits of evolution, merely that it resembles a religious belief not a scientific discipline.

Pro will be arguing that Darwinian evolution is science. Not that Darwinism is a fact.

No ad hominem remarks, profanity, or trolling. Please stick to serious arguments.
PaulCabal

Pro

Debate accepted.
Verita

Con

Verita forfeited this round.
PaulCabal

Pro

sorry I'm new to the website, I thought I was debating against what it says I'm actually debating for, anyway to cancel this debate? Evolution isn't a religious belief, it is a science.
Verita

Con

Verita forfeited this round.
PaulCabal

Pro

PaulCabal forfeited this round.
Verita

Con

Verita forfeited this round.
PaulCabal

Pro

PaulCabal forfeited this round.
Posted by dhauptman98 1 year ago
dhauptman98
How would believing in Darwinism be a religion? Religion, the word, means to worship, have a system of faith, and believe in something that is higher than you. Darwin, the scientist, does not fit that category, so therefore you are an idiot because no one who believes in Darwinism does this.
Posted by Yoozureeson 1 year ago
Yoozureeson
Interesting...the challenger asks for the debate to be closed yet then poses an assertion as a fact in the last remark. Evolution is at present only a hypothesis and not a proven scientific fact as it cannot be observed or repeated in any experimentation. To hold fast to a yet unproven hypothesis as fact and remain unchanged in that thinking has indeed crossed over to belief.
Posted by Yoozureeson 1 year ago
Yoozureeson
Polyploidy means having many (poly) sets of chromosomes. This is very rare in humans. There are a number of syndromes in humans caused by unusual numbers of chromosomes and these are mostly called "Aneuploidy" ('an'-not, 'eu'-good), in other words, "not good". A typical human aneuploidy is Down Syndrome.
So this very rare process offers no aid to the argument of evolution which is the process of moving a life form forward to a better or more advanced state and not a compromised one.
Also these are not true polyploidy as they don't have 3 or more (poly) sets of chromosomes.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
@Alpha3141
You said "just know that if you study genetics, natural selection doesn't add new DNA, and disproves evolution."
Do you consider polyploidy considered new DNA?

polyploidy - An increase in the number of haploid sets (23) of chromosomes in a cell.

Polyploidy can ahappen in one generation
http://www.nature.com...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
selection isnt natural
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
You should be Pro since you agree with the resolution.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
@Verita
You're position on the resolution should be Pro, because you support the idea that evolution is not science. If you change to Pro I will gladly accept the debate
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
Alpha3141
Evolution depends on the belief of Naturalism, Uniformitarianism, and was created from the belief of Atheism.
I don't believe in evolution because it is a false belief. Science, correctly used, disproves Evolution. Evolution rests on the belief systems of Naturalism and Uniformitarianism and therefore I don't believe in it.

Before someone goes on a ranting spree about how they disagree with me, just know that if you study genetics, natural selection doesn't add new DNA, and disproves evolution.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you dont know your god
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
ChickenBakuba
Hmmm

I don't really know which side I stand for, so I'm not accepting, although this looks interesting.