icebeartheawesome
afroninja61104

Dating Should Be Illegal

Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point

icebeartheawesome

Pro

I believe that dating should be illegal. It is immoral, and humans were never created to date in the very first place. Violence often results from dating, especially among minors.

That is why I believe that dating should be illegal. I understand you might think, "Well if dating was illegal, how the heck will people ever get married?"

To answer that, let me just say that parents should choose their children's spouse for them. Dating was never something that humans were created to do. We need to get married in order to carry on the human race and help each other survive, but as long we have a spouse, we're okay. And who chooses the person's spouse? his/her parents.

Let us make dating illegal. Vote pro.

Whoever accepts my debate will have 3 days to come up with a convincing argument to counter me.
afroninja61104

Con

I look forward to this debate, it will be very interesting, let us begin.

Dating should not be illegal because it is the most optimal way for humans to meet and choose a partner that meets the criteria that we ourselves create. People choose who they mate with by means of a certain criteria, that my match or complete one's own personality. Dating gives us the chance to know and understand someone, this goes on until we are sure of this person being a good mating partner. If parents were to choose the spouse, this would be flawed do to the previously mentioned criteria, not being of the two people but they're parents. Spouses would be chosen from an outside criteria which does not be as advantageous as getting to know people for ourselves.

What exactly do you mean by "dating is something humans were never created to do"? humans have been dating since the 1700's. The argument of "dating is something humans were never created to do" is an assumption of fate. If we were never "created" to date, why did we do it in the first place? Or perhaps you believe we physically or psychologically were not meant to date. But answer me this, how many people do you see die from a date? or perhaps suffer intense mental health problems as a direct result from a date? The argument "dating is something humans were never created to do" makes no sense.

You go on to say "We need to get married in order to carry on the human race and help each other survive, but as long as we have a spouse, we're okay" I mostly want to focus on that last bit "as long as we have a spouse, we're okay" That's a bare minimum sort of argument. that is the same as "As long as we have bread and water, we're okay" As humans, we don't settle for "okay" we want the most out of everything. We don't do the bare minimum, we look at people in poverty, they are at the bare minimum, and we have so much pity for them don't we?

I have taken your argument seriously and I hope you will do the same for mine.
icebeartheawesome

Pro

Some of the Problems with Dating...

Dating promotes lust and moderate sexual activity, opening the door for fornication.

Dating develops a self-centered, feeling-oriented concept of love.

Dating creates a permanent endorphin-bond between two people who will not spend their lives together.

Dating teaches people to break off difficult relationships, conditioning them more for divorce than marriage.

Dating develops an appetite for variety and change, creating dissatisfaction within marriage.

Dating lacks the protections and guidance afforded by parental involvement of courtship.

Dating doesn't prepare children to face "life's realities"

Dating devalues sex and marriage.

Dating leads to intimacy but not necessarily to commitment.

Dating tends to skip the "friendship" stage of a relationship.

Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.

Dating often isolates a couple from other vital relationships.

Dating, in many cases, distracts young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future.

Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness.

Dating creates an artificial environment for evaluating another person's character.
afroninja61104

Con

I am annoyed. I asked you to take my argument seriously, you have failed at doing this. this is a waste of my time, I'll give one more chance, please give a decent argument this time or I am leaving this debate.

As for your list of "problems with dating" most of them can be refuted quite easily. I could give each a rebuttal but, when reading through them I noticed they can all either be answered with the following:
"Elaborate"
"how is that a problem?"
"No, that is simply false"

For example, "Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness" I would like to ask everyone, to just say this out loud. Does it make sense? is it something you could say to someone in a way that sounds normal and reasonable? being single is a gift of a God now is it? what verse does it say "Thou shalt remain single?" how is being single a gift of God?

Since you have made no argument, I have nothing more to say other than that I am very disappointed
icebeartheawesome

Pro

You said in the first debate round, and I quote, "Dating should not be illegal because it is the most optimal way for humans to meet and choose a partner that meets the criteria that we ourselves create."

I like how you try to counter my first argument, but let me just say this: The criteria that we create may not always be what's best. For example, suppose you want a partner who is honest, loyal, good-looking, athletic, and rich. Only the first 2 (and maybe the third) truly matter. We, as young children, are too inexperienced to create legit criteria on what we want in a potential future spouse.

Also, once we have a spouse, we can reproduce. Parents have more experience about life and marriage than their children do, so let parents choose their child's spouse. Obviously, the parents would interview the person and choose someone who is decent in morals and character. Interviewing or examining a child's potential future spouse is what really counts, not dating. We have gone too far to invent the concept of dating.

Also, children and teens often date for the pleasure of a relationship. Honestly, there is friend relationships and family relationships.

You have one more debate argument to make. I really want to see you shine.
afroninja61104

Con

Well at least you gave an argument this time.

As my final point, legalizing dating could never possibly happen in our country. It would limit our rights and freedoms to choose. Realistically, there would never be a legislation to make dating illegal, there would be an uprising and people would vote heavily against it.

Also, you are targeting a rather specific group, not many "young children" date. Not to mention, to young children, choosing a mating partner is mostly out of the question since children don't understand sex. but I will humor the idea.

You say "We, as young children, are too inexperienced to create legit criteria" we develop our criteria based on our experiences. We pursue our ideal personality, we then learn that this wasn't the best option, so we improve our criteria. We learn what we do and don't like.
"Parents have more experience about life and marriage" That's assuming the parents criteria is better. But, you may want to consider the child may grow to choose a better partner, how would the parents know who to choose? Also, assuming we are still talking about children dating, what kind of an interview would that be?

You have yet to make any valid arguments and this was a waste of my time. But that is my fault, I would also like to thank you though, I have learned that I should not entertain pure stupidity.
Posted by DrAnomaly 6 months ago
DrAnomaly
Okay, holy hell. I'm going to point out all the logic flaws within icebeartheawesome's (pro) first argument.

"I believe that dating should be illegal. It is immoral, and humans were never created to date in the very first place." - This is both an unsubstantiated claim, as well as an appeal to nature logical fallacy

"Violence often results from dating, especially among minors." - Another unsubstantiated claim. Also, I'd like to point out a contradiction. He makes it sound as if violence is bad, but then wants to use the law, which is nothing more than an opinion with violence behind it to force his agenda onto others.

"That is why I believe that dating should be illegal. I understand you might think, "Well if dating was illegal, how the heck will people ever get married?" To answer that, let me just say that parents should choose their children's spouse for them. Dating was never something that humans were created to do. We need to get married in order to carry on the human race and help each other survive, but as long we have a spouse, we're okay. And who chooses the person's spouse? his/her parents." - Laugh out loud, attacking straw-men is easy ain't it?

"Whoever accepts my debate will have 3 days to come up with a convincing argument to counter me." - Shifting the burden of proof logical fallacy.

Do you even logic bro? I'd like to debate you on this subject.
Posted by StopBeingRetarded 6 months ago
StopBeingRetarded
. We need to get married in order to carry on the human race and help each other survive, but as long we have a spouse, we're okay. And who chooses the person's spouse? his/her parents.

You said that dating is immoral yet this takes the freedom of many people, and in it's own way is immoral. Don't be a hypocrite if you are going to argue idiot.
Posted by Debating_Horse 6 months ago
Debating_Horse
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'M CRYING!!! XD This guy is retarded!!!
Posted by LordLuke 6 months ago
LordLuke
What?