Dating at a young age prepares you for adulthood

First round is for aception only.

I accept the debate. Thanks for opening it up! Good luck.

Dating in Middle, High and even Fith grade can help you with your future in relathonships throughout the future. Your first heartbreak can't wait when your twenty years old at a bar, when all your friends are looking straight at you. You got to build from your peers. A Teenage relationshiop won't last forever but does improve your skills for your young adult years. When you are in middle or high school you will think when someone doesn't like you anymore its the end of the world, but when you developed more knowlage on relationshiops you will understand that there is more fish in the sea.

I bet if you ask every guy out there about what they say if a girl regects the date, they will all say it hurts but it got to be done if you want something. You can't go out into the world and thing its all going to be okay, you got to prepare and do it young so you can understand the feeling of rejection.

I think I understand kinda what you are getting at but dating at a young age is wrong. Since you didn't specify definitions, I'm going to go ahead and specify young age as including middle school and below but not high school or anything above. When you are at such a young age, dating makes no sense. The human brain at that age is to young to fully process exactly what is occurring. I would also like to specify the definition of dating as: "Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two people with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse." At such a young age, kids don't know what they want in a future spouse and they are really to young to start figuring it out. I agree that when you develop knowledge on relationships you will realize that there are more fish in the sea but we are referring to dating, which is not the same as a relationship: "The way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected." All people dating are in a relationships but not all relationships are classified as dating. "One recent study from the University of Georgia evaluated the dating habits of 624 students in grades 6 through 12 from six Georgia school districts over a seven-year period. Students who reported dating since middle school demonstrated the poorest study skills in the group and were four times more likely to drop out of high school." Now, I understand that this was more of an isolated study but this is a generality. While the same may not be said for all middle schoolers, on average that is generally what will happen. Especially when you ignore the fact that almost all middle schoolers don't truly understand what dating means. The source below does offer some ways to help prevent that but the truth is, how many parents will truly take the time to sit down and ask their 12 year old to write what they want in a future spouse and how DATING should be. Now, for a parent to talk about relationships is one thing but about truly dating, it rarely happens at that age. I excluded high school as by the time high school is reached, relationships are bound to happen however most highschoolers are considered young adults (as they are expected to act that way although they rarely do) and that is why I excluded them. I acknowledge that you can't go out into the world and think it's all going to be okay however dating at a young age will almost always do exactly the opposite and actually worsen your future instead of benefit it.

As early as age ten, both girls and guys experiance puberty. At this time hormonal changes accure and the testosterone and estrongen increases. Forming attraction between the sexes. This is a natural processe the body goes through and as I said find attraction. At this time the sexes will naturaly hang out more often then elementry school children and these friendships often become more than friends or "friendzoned". At this time teens will find intrest for the oppisite sex and will want together.

Heath Class

I understand that kids go through puberty. None of what you said supported your argument. This isn't about what kids want. This is about if dating at a young age prepares you for adult hood. You also didn't refute my arguments at all. I also don't think that health class is a good source, as you can't show exactly where you got it from and I have nothing to confirm it. Like I said, I get that kids want to be together but trying to find characteristics or a future spouse is not really possible as kids don't know
1. How to correctly date at that age
2. What they want

Overall, I have shown how dating at a young age does not in fact prepare you for adult hood and can actually be detrimental. My opponent refuted none of my facts and did not use a reliable source. Thank you for this debate and thank all voters for voting. Please vote Con.
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con made better argument for their point. Pro did not refute the arguments of con.