Dave Ramsey should be the focus of a new era of financial video games.
Debate Rounds (3)
Pro states "This new genre of game would allow children to learn how to effectively manage money at an early age." as the only argument of the first round. A game of this kind could possible teach children to manage money if produced correctly. The challenge would be to find companies that would support or produce such a video game. I will leave it to the Pro to find examples of entire successful genres based on a real life identity such as Dave Ramsey.
My first two arguments counter the idea that is presented in the title:"Dave Ramsey should be the focus of a new era of financial video games."
1) You can't focus an era of video games on anything. The video game industry is completely based on the demands of the consumers - what sells the best is developed and sold. Nobody controls the video game market.
2) An era of video games cannot be based on one genre and one character. Dave Ramsey as the focus of ONE financial game could be interesting. An entire era, or even just a genre of Dave Ramsey financial video games would be repetitive and not interesting.
The Tony Hawk series was a large success based on the real identity of tony Hawk.
This would easily find support from Dave's company and other tycoon type company, in theory.
I accept the Tony Hawk series as a successful genre, and if required, I am sure Dave Ramsey's company could support this project. But why would they focus an entire era of video games on Dave Ramsey?
Arguments 1) and 2) extended to Round 2.
In round 3 my opponent presents his/hers final argument, "[Dave Ramsey is] very capable of running his own video game series". I would like to see a source for this evaluation of Ramsey's capability to run a video game series. But as this is the last round I will accept it as a fact. However, the question was whether he should be the focus of an entire era of video games. An era and a series is not the same.
I would like to sum up this debate.
My opponent showed that a game series based on a real life character is possible (the Tony Hawk series). However,
- Pro dropped my first argument; Nobody chooses what a era of video games is focused on.
- Pro dropped my second argument; One character as the focus of an entire era of video games would be repetitive and not interesting
- Pro dropped my third argument; Why would they focus an entire era of games on Dave Ramsey?
I requested an example of a series based on a character such as Dave Ramsey, which my opponent provided. Except for this, my opponent has ignored all my arguments. My opponent also tried to change the subject of the debate halfway in.
I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||1|
Reasons for voting decision: Grammer goes to con.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.