james1014
jobosno

Day care cites should have more security

Started: 7/25/2015 Category: News

james1014

Pro

I think they should have more security on day care websites because they could be anything you never know who would leave their children with a random stranger. They might seem nice but they could a cereal killer, thief , or a killer.
jobosno

Con

Hello all,

I'm here to argue Con for the issue "Day care cites [sic] should have more security." I would like to clarify right off the bat that while I do not believe it is a bad thing if a site chooses to have increased security, I will be arguing that these extra precautions should not be made absolutely necessary and that pursuing such an issue is simply a waste of time.

Firstly, I would like to ask what kind of day care sites you are talking about, james1014, and what kind of security you think should be put into place or required of these sites? Internet regulations can get tricky and first we have to establish what kind of sites we're talking about, and what kind of security you think they should have that they are not already required to have.
james1014

Pro

james1014 forfeited this round.
jobosno

Con

Since james1014 forfeited the round I'll introduce a rather concise version of my thinking on this subject, to be expanded on should my opponent return:

It is not the responsibility of the government to protect its citizens from themselves in certain instances. Should a law be passed that requires some additional security for whatever these daycare sites may be, we would ultimately end up using a limited budget failing to stop the threat these sites pose or find ourselves hemorrhaging money to merely combat an internet threat *adequately.*

It is too difficult to patrol every daycare website registered in the US and force extra protection on them and ensure this protection actually works. If you are raising a child, the onus is on you to protect that child from harm. If you leave your baby near the oven and the baby manages to knock something down and hurt itself, we do not campaign for baby-proof ovens. There will always be a risk in leaving your child with someone else and while it would be nice of the government to try and reduce that risk, this is not something that we should waste resources on.
james1014

Pro

james1014 forfeited this round.
jobosno

Con

I guess he left. This debate has left us all confused. What is a day care cite [sic]? What are the main security problems? How common are cereal killers? Are cereal killers comparable to serial killers? The world may never know.
Posted by Teege 1 year ago
Teege
What is a daycare website?
and
Is a cereal killer a person who eats cereal? If so, then consider me a cereal killer and a nice person.