ccfungclare
SperoXVII

Daydreaming is better than dreaming

Started: 10/19/2017 Category: Funny

ccfungclare

Pro

Well, of course daydreaming is better, you can dream whatever you want without any nightmares, you can know if there are dangers and you can be whoever you are. You can be out of task just for a tiny rest and you know the time of the day, but at sleep, you can't.
SperoXVII

Con

Ok, wow, uh Heres a counter Argument. WHO CARES?!?!
ccfungclare

Pro

Well, so someone said they had scary daydreams to, good argument point. anyways at night, you are not yourself, you can't CONTROL what you choose, right? It is same as in a movie theater, you cannot control the character choices, but in a daydream you can, I always do that. I can always imagine myself as all my favorite characters... Sherlock Holmes and a lot more... in dreams, you are just someone (or thing) you don't know!!! So I am SUPER positive that daydreams are better, you will trust me when you have a good daydream (according to what you like to dream of...)
SperoXVII

Con

1.Theres this thing called Lucid Dreams, Lucid dreams are dreams that you can control (While asleep) Lucid dreams are actually kind of better because you can control your own world you can construct your own reality. Day dreams can end at any moument with everyday distractions. ex: Birds chirping, Cars, Teachers,etc. Lucid dreaming is better because your most likely in your bedroom ASLEEP so the chance of getting distracted lessens.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...

2. Achieving the state of Lucid dreaming is very easy actually Tell yourself clearly that you want to dream; you want to be aware that you are dreaming and you want to remember it. Repeat like a mantra before going to sleep, “I will lucid dream tonight”. You instruct your brain to realize when you're dreaming, especially during the pre-sleep phase. And that is just one of the many ways.

https://www.get-a-wingman.com...

ccfungclare

Pro

Awesome rebuttal Spero, but here are my argument points
You might be able to make things happen the way you want, but for the REM stage of sleep, you can't rest properly, and it will affect daily activities.

1. If you dream in your sleep, you are unconscious. It will affect your sleeping (and resting). You might catch a cold because if at night you are dreaming yourself as Bruce Lee in the middle of the night and all those blankets fly all over because you kick them? It also affects you daily.

2. Daydreaming, you are conscious, you know how to react, you will definitely not kick your office files and when someone calls you you can come to alert immediately. But at sleep, when someone calls you your eyes will be like," uh!!! what now? Let me sleep!" and you will miss your dream of being Bruce Lee and having a nightmare being KICKED by Bruce Lee( just an example)

So in a nutshell, Day-dreaming might not be the best thing to do (especially in class), but it is better than sleeping in class, dreaming yourself as Bruce Lee and kicking the tables everywhere. Because you go unsafe (being unconscious). You also can't literally control your own dream, but day-dreaming you literally can. Also having REM sleep also brings yourself to exhaustion after sleeping.

Negative final arguments and conclusions please.
SperoXVII

Con

Stop. your rebuttal to my argument is TRASH. Be honest, when I told you about Lucid dreaming a new era of your life awoken you discovered the best way to dream. I'm done with this debate. If you need me ill be taking a nap unconscious, but hey ill be lucid dreaming ill get to create my own reality, fly, explore, adventure. :)

Posted by ccfungclare 2 months ago
ccfungclare
Sorry if I made it unclear
Posted by ccfungclare 2 months ago
ccfungclare
um... you CAN vote.....
Posted by NDECD1441 2 months ago
NDECD1441
Wish I could vote. While the args arent too good, Pro would DEFINITELY win in conduct.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 2 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Idk, both of these arguments are pretty bad.

I guess I prefer Day Dreaming because I never remember my actual dreams at night.
Posted by ccfungclare 2 months ago
ccfungclare
Hi, I am sorry for my other debate but my competitor is not playing nicely, he was too offensive on me. You can vote, I am fine but I really blocked him and wanted to shut the debate down but you still have the right. So in THIS debate, Spero did pretty good, good job, Spero, but I hope we can have a FAIR vote, so only vote for the convincing side.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 2 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Interesting debate. I've only lucid dreamed a few times up to now, though I often do my fair share of day dreaming. Lucid dreams are more vivid then a day dream can be, yet it's not much of an issue.
Posted by Arganger 2 months ago
Arganger
I have scary day dreams. Once I was looking at the ceiling and day dreaming a war when suddenly on of the archers turned around and shot me.