Deadpool is a better superhero that Hawkeye

5 Rounds of debate.

This 1st round will be acceptance and the last round will consist of closing statements.

6,000 character limit with 24 hour time to post.

Thank you to my opponent for accepting this argument and I look forward to the debate.

I thank my opponent for inviting me to the debate and I look forward to the debate.

Deadpool is a much better superhero than Hawkeye.
  • Deadpool has the superior healing power which allows him to heal any damage that he takes.
  • He also possesses the power of teleportation. Which he can use to access places that Hawkeye is not able to and get to somewhere faster and deal with the problem.
  • Deadpool is a master martial artist which shows in his use of his swords and fighting ability. He not only has his superhuman agility and flexes to use in fight but SWORDS MAN! Swords are so cool.
  • Deadpool is not only skilled in the art of close hand combat but also in the long range with his ability of master marksmanship with his pistols. Deadpool's accuracy with pistols is utterly amazing and can be compared to Hawkeye's (admittadly) amazing bow skills.
  • Deadpool is fricken hilarious! Deadpool is one of the funniest superheros to ever be concieved. His childish sense of humor can be seen with these,

But Deadpool's accuracy with his guns are indeed comparable to Hawkeye's ONLY abillity with the bow, where as Deadpool has his teleportation, swords, healing powers, and martial arts.

Hawkeye is a far more superior superhero than Deadpool.
  1. Hawkeye is in far more longrange situations than Deadpool which means his accurancy is much better and that Deadpool will have a hard time fleeing.
  2. Deadpool may have decent close combat fighting abilities but Hawkeye was trained by one of the best martial artisits ever....CAPTAIN AMERICA.
  3. It may be said that Deadpool has a vast array of weapons and Hawkeye doesn't,but that is not necessarily true. hawkeye has a multitude of arrows that have different characteristics.
  4. Deadpools may provide comedic relief but while he is telling jokes and talking to himself hawkeye will have had more than enough time to have taken his head off or blown him to pieces with a trick arrow.
  5. Deadpool gets caught in the momentum to often, for example Deadpool missed Silver Sable with automatics at POINT BLANK range!
  6. Deadpools ability to teleport won't be to affective because Hawkeyes heightened senses will be able to find him before he has a chance at making a surprise attack.

I believe this will be how Deadpool will end up after this loss

I would just like to say that, atleast for me, that link does not work.

1. "Hawkeye is in far more long range situations" I do not argue this, Hawkeye is infact better than Deadpool in LONGRANGE situations. But how often would Hawkeye be able to be in longrange situations if Deadpool used his teleportation to get near to Hawkeye?

2. "Deadpool may have decent close combat fighting abilities but Hawkeye was trained by one of the best martial artists ever....CAPTAIN AMERICA." I really don't think 'decent' is the right word. Deadpool is one of the most skilled hand to hand combatants in the Marvel Universe. He has fought against some of the best hand to hand combatants AND WON. He fought The Taskmaster, a villain known to almost never lose because he mimics the fighting style of whomever he fights. This was because of Deadpool's utter unpredictability and the fact that The Taskmaster had no way of knowing what he would do next EVEN THOUGH he was copying his fighting style. This means that Hawkeye would not be able to know where Deadpool was going to go next or what he was going to do. If you say that Hawkeye still could because of his senses, just remember that The Taskmaster literally COPIED this style and still could not defeat him.

3. Yes Hawkeye does have an array of arrows that could be used, but if at longrange, could it not be possible that Deadpool could easily shoot these arrows out of the air as they came at him?

4. Okay, come on, Deadpool is funny and does provide comedic relief, but EVERYONE knows that in superhero fights when someone makes a snarky remark its when a big clash just happened and both parties flew back from each other and are staring at each other deeply until someone makes a move then the fight resumes. So Deadpool would have more than enough time to make his remarks and NOT get blown to bit by trick arrows.

5. One time example.

6. Deadpool's ability of teleportation does not need to be used to take Hawkeye by surprise, it can be used to get rid of Hawkeye's number one advantage, and that is range. If Deadpool used his teleportation to get close to Hawkeye so that he would have a hard time using a bow effectively and had to resort to martial arts, Deadpool would win. I will say yes, Hawkeye was indeed trained by a great martial artist, Captain America, but that does not mean that he can defeat Deadpool. But it does mean that Hawkeye is a great martial artist and probably could master many people in close combat, just not Deadpool.

That healing factor makes way for some great comedic relief.

Deadpool is not a reliable fighter his ability to win varies from fight to fight.

Here are two examples:
Emotional Healing - His healing is affected by his emotions, making him heal slower if sad/depressed or faster when happy/angry.

Mental Instability - Deadpool's psychosis makes him unpredictable, but can also hinder his own abilities.

"Hawkeye is a great martial artist and probably could master many people in close combat, just not Deadpool.
Hawkeye may not have a huge advantage over Deadpool but he would still be able to defeat him in close combat.

"he is at the very peak of human conditioning; he is an exceptional fencer, acrobat and a grandmaster marksman, having been trained from childhood in the circus and by the criminals Trick Shot and Swordsman. This includes considerable strength, as a super villain found out when he tried to use the superhero's 250 pounds- force draw weight bow and found that he could not draw back the string to launch an arrow."( Gruenwald, Mark; Layton, Bob (1983). Till Death Do Us Part.

This shows that Hawkeye has a superior strength and acrobatic advantage showing that he can fight almost anywhere, also Hawkeyes ability to use almost any thing as a weapon means that he could use almost any object in his vicinity to gain an advantage over Deadpool and even use swords and knives to slow Deadpools counter attacks.

Thank you for voicing your part on Deadpool's healing abilities, but I assure you, Hawkeye can never win if him and Deadpool ever got into a serious fued. Even if Hawkeye 'killed' Deadpool because of a LUCKY shot, Deadpool would just come back and kill him. Because, Deadpool and Death had a 'relationship' that Thanos was jealous of and Thanos cursed Deadpool with 'life'. So Deadpool is LITERALLY immortal. So if his body is killed, his soul can wonder and find a new host body that take the body of Deadpool and just becomes Deadpool straight out. So considering our arguments are very similar in their skills (even though Deadpool's are better) the fact that Deadpool can never die and he can just keep coming at Hawkeye means that technically, Hawkeye can never win. And also, trick arrows don't work to great on Deadpool considering he has used his healing factor to survive incineration. So if you want to say his healing is 'Emotional' and would be slower if he was sad/depressed, I can assure you he would not be either or those things. In fact his 'Emotional Healing' would be 'faster' because he would be "happy-go-lucky" when originally fighting Hawkeye, making him able to survive much damage, and if Hawkeye managed to somehow kill Deadpool, well that would make him angry. So when he came back, his healing would be much much better and Hawkeye would be a dead man. Hawkeye cannot sustain himself from a barrage of Deadpool after Deadpool. Of course he would only have to come back if Hawkeye managed to kill him, which I still stand by the fact that he cannot because Deadpool is far superior to Hawkeye.

So, yes Deadpool would never loose because he will live for ever but he would still lose a fight to Hawkeye because he would be defeated. Eventually he would win because Hawkeye will eventually die.

I feel we should get back to the topic of who the better superhero is not who would win a fight because two superheros should have no reason to fight.

Hawkeye has a better track record of doing superhero task than Deadpool and Hawkeye turned down being a villian so he could help save people.

Deadpool can never die because he had a 'relationship' with death which doesn't seem hero like and that act forced him to be cursed so if anything he was forced to do what he does.

Closing Statement:

Deadpool is an amazing comic book character and is a far better superhero than Hawkeye. As much as I would like to say that Hawkeye is not a superhero because he has not legitimate powers, I know the concept of Batman will be brought up. And I do believe that Batman is a superhero. Every superhero is at top physical condition, so really the fact that he can shoot a bow is not that impressive. Deadpool on the other hand, cannot die, can teleport, and has his accelerated healing factor, AND he is able to break the fourth wall. Which is very exceptional considering there are only a hand full of comic book characters who are able to do this. And this also allows for him to be funnier, and puts him in considerably 'cooler situations'. I believe that Deadpool is a better superhero than Hawkeye, that is personal opinion that many people share with me, and I hope that I have convinced voters that he is. If I have failed to do so in my debate, I would like to refer you to this article:
which shows that Deadpool is infact awesome and amazing, much better than Hawkeye can ever even hope to be. Thank you to my opponent for accepting and participating in this event and I hope he had as much fun as I did during it.

My opponent is a moronic idiot who does not agree with anything that any of you potential voters agree with. i have witnessed him laugh at a 'dead baby' joke which is immortal.
Now i think my arguments have proved that Hawkeye is a better superhero.
Deadpool may be funny and kewl but he is a terrible superhero that only cares about self image.
The fourth wall is not meant to be broken and that means he is not focused and an idiot.
Below is a rant on why Hawkeye is better. I have not read it so if it doesn't make sense sorry but if it does then haha i was right.

Please watch this before voting:
Posted by Mr.Blasty 3 years ago
Kinda lost your cool at the end, didn't you Con?

Also, I felt this debate was slightly one-sided. Deadpool had a lot of abilities that would make him impossible to compete with. In the Marvel Universe, there are many overpowered villains/superheroes like this. What makes him a better character ,I would say, is his background story.

I mean, how many superheroes do you know that:

1) Are complete psychos
2) Have desire to die to the point that they wanted to fight the Hulk
3) Have a relationship with DEATH

All at once?
Posted by JeebusReebus 3 years ago
That got a little heated.
Posted by WackyZachy 3 years ago
My opponent is just a try-hard that doesn't deserve a win
Posted by Devonal 3 years ago
I have no idea what happened for my opponents closing statement.

He said AND QUOTE: "i have witnessed him laugh at a 'dead baby' joke which is immortal."

Blatant lies and he didn't even spell IMMORAL right.
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 3 years ago
No. Deadpool has no purpose as a character.
Vote Placed by Formic 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did slightly better in each argument. And con failed epicly in the last one. :P
Vote Placed by Gaurdian_Rock 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: My biggest problem came to the opening statement, when pro said that deadpool would just come back to life, seemed like a cop out. If Hwakeye manage to kill him in the first place he must be better then deadpool.